Board/management Team

Jagsman

Been mulling this over its a supposing thread

if we become a team that become a mainstay in the premiership do you think like the board would start to get greedy Ala st mirren twice sacking managers because they not finishing higher in league when realistically they not a big team

or would we lose our manager

As long as we aren't rock bottom of the premiership I don't think Archie would ever get sacked regardless of if we make top 6 one year then not the next. To be fair, he wouldn't deserve to go unless we were rock bottom, staying in the top league should always be our priority. Although theres no reason we can't do a Caley/ St Johnstone/ Motherwell (not of late) type stretch in the top 6.

Our board will be very happy if we can stay up in the Premiership. David Beattie has stated previously that the management team is safe even if we get relegated. They would only be under threat if we were struggling badly in the Championship.

Our management team is learning and progressing so let's enjoy our time in the top tier rather than worry unnecessarily about future seasons. ETA - I'd be more worried about losing the management team to another club if we become a "mainstay" in the Premiership.

Edited by kni

I don't think it's part of the Partick Thistle ethos to bin managers with that type of regularity.

I go along with this. Is it something like 28 games without back to back results? Whatever, us old yins know only too well about the Jags and unpredictability. I think the younger ones are quickly coming to terms with that tagging as well. Most managerial sackings traditionally are either fan appeasing or driven by some maniacal owner. We're thankfully not ticking any boxes that way.

Can't say never but I just can't see it.

I thoroughly enjoyed tanking the lower league sides 2 years ago when we won the last first division championship, great football from the Jags , and am now enjoying most of the games in the upper echelons, just hope we get a good cup run starting with humping the false jags, am happy with the way the board is running the club, onwards and upwards , I love being a Jagsman !!!

What do we, realisticaly, expect of either our board or our management?

It is an absolute joy to have stayed up last year and to have consolidated, a bit, this year.

We have had some utterly great results, two 4-0s and a 5-0.

To take up the point raised by 'allyo'

I don't think it's part of the Partick Thistle ethos to become a mainstay in the Premier league.

I don't think it it is the same league anymore. Itis moreof a levelplaying field now than it ever was.

We can compete at this level and I think we have a potentially great young manager and a very good team.