Scotland's 9/11

The Devil's Point

If Dunblane happened now, it would be much more sensational than anything Paris could produce.

But there is a truth, which has never really been revealed.

Andy Murray hid uner a desk when Hamilton was running amok. And he went on to win Wimbledown.

My ancestors literally went over the top for democracy. These are the songs I;ve heard today -

"If I had a tommy gun, I'd kill the ****** scum"

"Hartson, cancerous scum"

I could go on but won;t,

There is only one real professional football team in Glasow.

Be interesting to see what action is taken regarding the non stop sectarian singing today, coming mostly from one end. Ah, but this is the game the whole universe has been waiting to see, the saviour of Scottish football, so a blind eye will be turned, we will be told it was a minority and all we will hear is.....what a wonderful atmosphere! In reality Ibrox should be shut due to their fans behaviour. If they want to rid this country of this bile they need to start hammering teams. As for the game. Our game on Friday looked like El Classico compared to that. Bloody awful!

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 2

I was due to play a winter league tennis match this afternoon but the courts are covered in snow. That and the back end of a chest infection saw me sucked into this game today. Fortunately 10' into the 2nd half the telly went on the blink and I was able to sleep the rest of the afternoon and later make a nice salon risotto for the family. Preferable to that one sided farce. Couldn't make out the songs much- think there was some sort of distortion put on the crowd mikes.

I was due to play a winter league tennis match this afternoon but the courts are covered in snow.

That wouldn't of happened to Andy.

I used to play for Hillhead and we were a mental outfit. We actually did (can be revealed a quarter of a century later) flood the courts to stay in the top league for so long. We went down to Helensburgh and got tanked. The home game never happened...... We only fulfilled about 4 of our 14 fixtures that season, but we still stayed up.

My doubles partner was the now dead Tercia Robb. Jephson Robb, her brother, is a true west end legend and probably still kicking about. He made a sculture about her when she died and its in an art gallery in new york.

When my sister died I just got pissed.

Didn't watch it, couldn't give a feck, but what happened a couple of weeks ago in Paris and the aftermath, which correctly pointed out that "free speech" should be allowed. So what that 50,000 bigots got together and sang some songs to each other. Yes the violence and abuse after the game is out of order, but really..singing songs at a football game. Canny have it both ways free speech for some but not for others.

Ps..if it offended you why the hell did you watch it? Never been offended in my life by what some opposing fans sang at me!

Edited by JaggyMad

Didn't watch it, couldn't give a feck, but what happened a couple of weeks ago in Paris and the aftermath, which correctly pointed out that "free speech" should be allowed. So what that 50,000 bigots got together and sang some songs to each other. Yes the violence and abuse after the game is out of order, but really..singing songs at a football game. Canny have it both ways free speech for some but not for others.

Ps..if it offended you why the hell did you watch it? Never been offended in my life by what some opposing fans sang at me!

I wrote a thread in the General Forum a couple of days after it. It was essentially saying what you are, but no-one replied to it.

I watched it like you watch the news. I'm just making observations.

• Like 1

Must've been like a re-enactment from approx 45,000 years ago when incoming Cro-Magnon hordes encountered the resident Neanderthals for the first time; although not sure who would've been portraying who today.

Every possibility, though, that just like their high brow-ridged ancestors, it would probably be possible for them to interbreed through some unspeakable act. Boak.

What really gets me are the 2 faced scottish leaders who on 1 hand shout from the roof tops about peoples right to free speech after the Paris atrocity, but bring a law in that people get arrested and jailed for singing songs. Only in this backwater of a country.

Plenty of people get prosecuted south of the border because they post so-called offensive tweets and the like. It makes no sense to specifically attack the Scottish government, when our masters in Westminster are among the world's greatest two-facers.

• Like 1

Emm, is it not against the law in this country??

Right. Get your French Je Suis Charlie thing to, well, France.

This is probably totally illegal, and might get the website closed down.

But we'll go for it anyway..............

'We hate Roman Catholics, we hate Protestants too, we hate jews and seiks and muslims, but Thistle we love you'

And the classic..

'We put our bins out when we want, we put our bins out when we want. We're Partick Thistle, we put our bins out when we want.

Ach, whatever.

It annoys me listening to all this talk about folk no going to the game. Well, the reason folk went to the game in the first place was to find a sense of identity. It started with the Hibernians, then it got copied. And lets just agree the next hundred years never happened.

My first Jags game was memorable for an Alan Rough penalty save.

Saw Maurice Johnstone. What a loyal man, could of been an Ulsterman. Noticed he never gave us a penny of his money back.

But someone needs to sing this for Charlie. If anyone can translate 'The Jags are Charlie'' into French..........

'Hello, hello, how do you do,

we hate the boys in royal blue

we hate the boys in emarald green

so xxxx your pope and xxxx your queen

Only took the swearing out of that in case kids are reading.

Emm, is it not against the law in this country??

Aye, but what happened to " free speech" ? Cannot have it both ways. As was seen not so long ago in Paris and the resulting governments decrying it and shouting about "free speech" being aloud, but then people get up in arms about what people are singing at a football match.

Plenty of people get prosecuted south of the border because they post so-called offensive tweets and the like. It makes no sense to specifically attack the Scottish government, when our masters in Westminster are among the world's greatest two-facers.

Not seen anyone getting jailed or fined for singing songs at a football match in England, but happens up here. Only our government who have implemented an outrageous law. So free speech for some as long as we don't sing it? Mental!!!

Aye, but what happened to " free speech" ? Cannot have it both ways. As was seen not so long ago in Paris and the resulting governments decrying it and shouting about "free speech" being aloud, but then people get up in arms about what people are singing at a football match.

Free speech is always limited just as freedom of action is limited (you're not allowed to rob people - unless you're one of the very rich/a banker) - for instance you can be sued for libel or slander. However no one in our country get life imprisonment or hanged for saying what they want, no matter how crudely they say it.

It makes it a bit ridiculous therefore to bring in the Charley Hebdo incidident where people were murdered for printing cartoons. Plenty of other religions and politicians got the same treatment but never went near doing anything like that in response. If they wanted to they could demonstrate, perhaps take them to court if they could make a case but using violence is a no-no.

Not to mention that the attempt to ban sectarian singing is an attempt to address a problem we still have in this country. It might not be a good way of doing so but you can see the reason behind it. Anyone who thinks it's a daft idea can vote for a party that agrees to end it - or start a campaign about it. That's how you go about things.

BTW I'm one of the folk on here who thinks the Thistle "Hello" song has had it's day. We need new songs.

Free speech is always limited just as freedom of action is limited (you're not allowed to rob people - unless you're one of the very rich/a banker) - for instance you can be sued for libel or slander. However no one in our country get life imprisonment or hanged for saying what they want, no matter how crudely they say it.

It makes it a bit ridiculous therefore to bring in the Charley Hebdo incidident where people were murdered for printing cartoons. Plenty of other religions and politicians got the same treatment but never went near doing anything like that in response. If they wanted to they could demonstrate, perhaps take them to court if they could make a case but using violence is a no-no.

Not to mention that the attempt to ban sectarian singing is an attempt to address a problem we still have in this country. It might not be a good way of doing so but you can see the reason behind it. Anyone who thinks it's a daft idea can vote for a party that agrees to end it - or start a campaign about it. That's how you go about things.

BTW I'm one of the folk on here who thinks the Thistle "Hello" song has had it's day. We need new songs.

Where does this free speech start and stop, example being..at the hamilton game the north stand( me included) sang at the top of our voices ...your just a wee gypsy ******* towards dougie imrie. That was deemed fine, but what is the difference from rangers fans singing ****** ******* and Celtic fans singing orange *******. Yes we do have a problem but not with people singing songs at football games. How can they possibly justify this law, when 50000 sang sectarian songs but only 10 got lifted for sectarian offences? What about the rest? It doesn't work and needs to be abolished.

I only said you could see the reason behind it, not that I supported it. I don't but that's because it's unworkable. The only thing that will work is if the football authorities take action against the clubs (points docked etc.) That too has it's problems (and we know they don't have the guts to do anything anyway) but are we to ignore the fact that certain clubs are, as someone said on here before, an iron lung for bigotry? It's no excuse to say the real problem is in the wider society - football is part of our society and shouldn't be a no go area for decent behaviour.

Agree with your post, but what is decent behaviour at football. Ban swearing, ban fans that are too full of the drink that make a James hunt of themselves at the game (which is meant to happen), Ban any song that insults a player or opposing fan. We as a country have a sectarian problem, not just at the football, but it seems that it is football supporters that are taking the brunt of the blame.

Agree with your post, but what is decent behaviour at football. Ban swearing, ban fans that are too full of the drink that make a James hunt of themselves at the game (which is meant to happen), Ban any song that insults a player or opposing fan. We as a country have a sectarian problem, not just at the football, but it seems that it is football supporters that are taking the brunt of the blame.

I'd say instead that football matches are one of the places where you are most likely to be able to express sectarian and offensive behaviour and get away with it. If somebody tried spouting some of their offensive stuff in a supermarket or a restaurant, I don't think they'd be tolerated so much.