No Regrets....but Happy To Be Back!

Lindau

Why would he regret the move? He wanted to play in the English Leagues for whatever reason, and saw the opportunity at a club where he backed himself to be able to get a game regualarly. It hasnt worked out and now he's back. If he wants to be back permanently come end of the season, then I'll be delighted, but if he wants to go back down south and try again, then I'm happy too, because it means he'll work his socks off here to get the chance to do that.

For the record, I am absolutely creaming my pants over this one, as he's genuinely the best striker I've seen playing for Thistle, and one of, if not the, best player I've seen playing for them (Higgy) absolutely flourished playing with Taylor. If they get anything close to that then its game on for moving up the table. And he's an absolute dreamboat.

Why would he regret the move? He wanted to play in the English Leagues for whatever reason, and saw the opportunity at a club where he backed himself to be able to get a game regualarly. It hasnt worked out and now he's back. If he wants to be back permanently come end of the season, then I'll be delighted, but if he wants to go back down south and try again, then I'm happy too, because it means he'll work his socks off here to get the chance to do that.

For the record, I am absolutely creaming my pants over this one, as he's genuinely the best striker I've seen playing for Thistle, and one of, if not the, best player I've seen playing for them (Higgy) absolutely flourished playing with Taylor. If they get anything close to that then its game on for moving up the table. And he's an absolute dreamboat.

lyle himself has said that he, and he alone made the decision to go to scunny ..... that main reason being the opportunity to work again with russ wilcox, who had helped taylor develop when they were both at bournemouth in 2011 and 2012 (wilcox being assistant manager). lyle was all set to sign for us, and it was only a late intervention bid by wilcox that changed that fact. lyle obviously rated him and bought into wilcoxs ideas he had for him and others at scunny, but then wilcox was sacked and the new manager started bringing in other strikers .....

it is highly likely there was more than just us offering him a loan spell for the rest of this season ..... but, i am of the opinion that his return to us has parallels with his move to scunny ..... in that with us, there was the opportunity to work again with archie/higgy (you choose main draw factor), and lyle has again bought into how we play and those he'll be training with and playing alongside ..... as lyle has said himself, he knows virtually everyone here already, so it's just like he has been on a extended holiday.

if he does well here, if scunny don't want him back (or aren't too hard to deal with on a fee), then there is at least a chance we could persuade him to sign on with us for next couple of years .... the better he does for us, the more likely scunny or others will want him in the summer, but we could hold the advantage over all others if lyle repeats his "enjoyed working with before" decision making process. and if he is sought after in the summer, then that means he has banged in a barrowload of goals for us, and i'll take that quite happily right now, and let the summer take its course whichever way it pans out.

lets enjoy lyle being back for now, what will be will be in the future, best we can do is show him tomorrow (and every other week) and rest of team our full backing at games ..... we are thistle. lyle taylor is thistle for now. good times.

Edited by yoda-jag
  • Like 2

Can't wait to see Taylor tomorrow, if he can get off to a flying start tomorrow and get a goal it would be immense and he'll be even better than last year.big big price for us tomorrow at 2/1 aswell,

Gallacher

Elliott/ or if unfit Banzo

Frans/Balatoni

Seaborne/Balatoni (as one of them will end up injured)

SOD

Osman

Fraser

Lawless

Stevo

Higgy

Taylor

subs: Fox, Elliot/Banzo, Doolan,McDaid, Craigen, Balatoni,Duggan

Edited by jags on tour