Policing On Saturday

Vom Itorium

over the season its more like £20,000

So from what you say this is at the clubs instigation?

20k versus a childs severe injury or life?

20k versus an elderly fans broken hip and possible death?

20k versus the really bad publicity this would get if even a minor injury happened?

Think again I would say.

20k versus the really bad publicity this would get if even a minor injury happened?

Think again I would say.

I think he was saying the decision rests with the Police not the Club.

Think again I would say.

The police do not think the club needs them any more they do not want to tie up the staff and the club can not afford them so its a win win for both partys

The club will do eveything in its power to let eveyone know that the road is open to traffic but we need fans to be sensible and take care when leaveing the ground.

The police do not think the club needs them any more they do not want to tie up the staff and the club can not afford them so its a win win for both partys

The club will do eveything in its power to let eveyone know that the road is open to traffic but we need fans to be sensible and take care when leaveing the ground.

Children mingle with the crowd and cannot be easily seen by drivers. Twice last Saturday children darted across the road and cars swerved to avoid them nearly hitting other groups of fans.

If the club think this is a 'win win' then their lack of concern for their own fans is truly astounding.

I will be complaining to Strathclyde Police about this.

The money they save could turn out to be 'blood' money.

I say again think again.

:lol:

do we feck!

(and Firhill road is normally closed at FT for the Rugby - apart from a game or to at the end of last season)

So its good enough for the rugby fans but not for football fans? PTFC should be ashamed of itself.

So its good enough for the rugby fans but not for football fans? PTFC should be ashamed of itself.

Just a thought, but does it actually need police to close a road? Couldn't the club be given permission just to put a 'road closed' sign up at the appropriate time? Or failing that, have the Council paint up a zebra crossing or two on the road or something? I don't think it has to be a straight choice between safety or cash. There needs to be more of a commitment from the City Council towards road safety (as well as protecting local businesses) - the club shouldn't be held responsible for what happens on a public road outside their premises - other public entertainment venues aren't. And the answer doesn't have to be cops getting generous OT payments either. A sign across the road is going to do as good a job a copper. It just seems like it shouldn't be either as complicated or as expensive as the choices being discussed.

Just a thought, but does it actually need police to close a road? Couldn't the club be given permission just to put a 'road closed' sign up at the appropriate time? Or failing that, have the Council paint up a zebra crossing or two on the road or something? I don't think it has to be a straight choice between safety or cash. There needs to be more of a commitment from the City Council towards road safety (as well as protecting local businesses) - the club shouldn't be held responsible for what happens on a public road outside their premises - other public entertainment venues aren't. And the answer doesn't have to be cops getting generous OT payments either. A sign across the road is going to do as good a job a copper. It just seems like it shouldn't be either as complicated or as expensive as the choices being discussed.

It has been monitored by the club and the police over the last few games and the CCTV footage has been looked over.Safety is very important to the club and the police it may well turn out we get free assistance from the police regarding the road after the game like they did for glasgow last year even if they feel the rugby fans dont need it this year.

But untill we know what the police decide we need the fans to be sensible and take care when exiting the ground.

Personally I think it is a mistake not to close Firhill Road as the crowd comes out as its a disaster waiting to happen. Saw several near misses on Saturday, after the game, with kids running accross the road.

I wonder what the thinking is behind not closing it?

Trying to cross the road, even when the traffic lights are at green for us pedestrians, is taking your life in your hands !!! The number of cars that come through the red lights is frightening