Dingwall 7 March

BowenBoys

Never been to Dingwall and fancy making the trip in a couple of week time. Any advice on which trains to book etc.?

I'll leave any advice to those who travel from Glasgow, BB. But for any of us old codgers it's worth pointing out that Scot Rail are operating Club 55 just now. So if you're 55+ you can travel to Dingwall for £19 return. http://www.scotrail.co.uk/club-55

I'll leave any advice to those who travel from Glasgow, BB. But for any of us old codgers it's worth pointing out that Scot Rail are operating Club 55 just now. So if you're 55+ you can travel to Dingwall for £19 return. http://www.scotrail.co.uk/club-55

Thanks lib.

55 you say? No, nowhere near that age...

...might just follow the link anyway though and check it out. Just in case they're still doing it when I do, eventually, get that old. :thumbsup2:

I thought club 55 was a good deal, but one of the joys of reaching the big 60 last week was I can now travel to Inverness/Dingwall for 50p return on Citylink Gold!

A wee bonus is I can have a few pints along the way and not have to be concerned about driving home. Yeehaa!

Now, if I could just remember were I put that bloomin' travel card...

Edited by Harrybriscoe

"I can't remember the exact timings but you leave Glasgow at the back of 7 and get back about quarter to midnight."

Things have improved! Leave Glasgow at 9.00 arrive back 10.23.

City Gold coach is 3hrs 23 mins each direction which gives plenty of time for lunch, pint and fish supper on the way home. Great day oot - especially when we've humped the County.

To quote the Citylink website "Onboard coach attendants, leather seating, Wi-Fi and complimentary snacks and refreshments during your journey."

"I can't remember the exact timings but you leave Glasgow at the back of 7 and get back about quarter to midnight."

Things have improved! Leave Glasgow at 9.00 arrive back 10.23.

City Gold coach is 3hrs 23 mins each direction which gives plenty of time for lunch, pint and fish supper on the way home. Great day oot - especially when we've humped the County.

To quote the Citylink website "Onboard coach attendants, leather seating, Wi-Fi and complimentary snacks and refreshments during your journey."

Sorry, I meant to quote the OP.

I was talking about the train times.

Edit to add - The bus timings you quote appear to be to Inverness, not Dingwall.

Edited by H Wragg