Killie Game

p12tfc

Not seen much comment on this but we appear to have a developing problem with Gary Fraser. He delivered another totally forgettable and anonymous display on Saturday, punctuated by his obligatory wild swing at goal and overly ambitious cross-field passes when an easy option was available, before having the audacity to try and trudge straight up the tunnel when he was deservedly hooked; only Shaggy physically dragging him back and telling him to sit down prevented that happening. I understand that he may be frustrated with his performance but he isn't going to last long with a mentality like his. Great talent in his feet, none in his head.

Not seen much comment on this but we appear to have a developing problem with Gary Fraser. He delivered another totally forgettable and anonymous display on Saturday, punctuated by his obligatory wild swing at goal and overly ambitious cross-field passes when an easy option was available, before having the audacity to try and trudge straight up the tunnel when he was deservedly hooked; only Shaggy physically dragging him back and telling him to sit down prevented that happening. I understand that he may be frustrated with his performance but he isn't going to last long with a mentality like his. Great talent in his feet, none in his head.

Yeah agree with that, noticed Shaggy going after him and dragging him back to the bench.

He just gives the ball away far , far too much. Even when he was having a spell of good form I thought this was a problem with him. Next season could well be make or break for him at Firhill or anywhere else for that matter. Obvious talent there but needs to sort his noggin out.

People forget Fraser is only 20 and has only got about 50 matches to his name. Remember what Erskine, Bannigan, Balatoni etc were like after 50 games? Probably not even deserving of championship level. He's extremely young and certainly is not going to be in a make or break position in football at the old age of 21.

It's been hard for him with Banzo and Osman first on the teamsheet each week, just needs to bide his time after a slow season.

Yeah agree with that, noticed Shaggy going after him and dragging him back to the bench.

He just gives the ball away far , far too much. Even when he was having a spell of good form I thought this was a problem with him. Next season could well be make or break for him at Firhill or anywhere else for that matter. Obvious talent there but needs to sort his noggin out.

Shaggy didn't exactly drag him back. He shouted him over, had a word with him and Fraser went into the dugout. I agree that he isn't reaching the performances we hoped for - but he is young and players develop, just look at Bannigan,SOD and ATS as a few recent examples.

Shaggy didn't exactly drag him back. He shouted him over, had a word with him and Fraser went into the dugout. I agree that he isn't reaching the performances we hoped for - but he is young and players develop, just look at Bannigan,SOD and ATS as a few recent examples.

Bannigan at 20 had played 59 games for the club. (He's 23 in September) - and apart from a few games when he has been over rash in the tackle he has shown excellent temperament, not slacking when he was sent out on loan twice but keeping his head down and working his way into the first team (unlike a certain Ryan MacBeth).

ATS didn't make his 50 games until he was into his 2nd year with us, turning 21 that season. However I don't recall either him or Bannigan showing petulance during games. Both still had a lot to learn although good players at that age but I don't remember either having a bad attitude.

Fraser on the other hand ... unlike the other two he needs a good talking to, maybe by one or other of the experienced players. He's got the potential to be a very good player but raw talent isn't enough: he's got to learn to apply it effectively and consistently. I remember when I first saw him get a try out in the first team I thought Macbeth would be a good player for us - but when he came back after an injury which saw him lose his place his attitude was all wrong, unwilling to work to get back into the team. Now he's playing in the Juniors.

The best individual performance by a Thistle player this season was Gary Fraser in the first League Game in August against Ross County - three suberb passes to create goals and scoring one himself.

And the worst individual performance was Gary Fraser in February against Ross County - losing possession badly twice to cost a penalty and then a goal. He spent the last 20 minutes of that game desperately avoiding the ball.

Osman and Bannigan also went through a bad spell of form at that time but I remember posting at the time that Fraser's problem seemed more than a loss of form and wondered if there was some other issue with him.

I thought he did ok initially on Saturday though the selection of Doolan in the wrong position did not help a few of our players. He faded out the game though and was rightly subbed.

Gary has more footballing talent than probably any of our players but he has already had a few issues in his short career - his departure from Hamilton, his red mist incident and lengthy suspension and his decision to give up on Bolton. He looks as if he needs careful handling by the management - let's hope they can get the best out of him next season

Bannigan at 20 had played 59 games for the club. (He's 23 in September) - and apart from a few games when he has been over rash in the tackle he has shown excellent temperament, not slacking when he was sent out on loan twice but keeping his head down and working his way into the first team (unlike a certain Ryan MacBeth).

ATS didn't make his 50 games until he was into his 2nd year with us, turning 21 that season. However I don't recall either him or Bannigan showing petulance during games. Both still had a lot to learn although good players at that age but I don't remember either having a bad attitude.

Fraser on the other hand ... unlike the other two he needs a good talking to, maybe by one or other of the experienced players. He's got the potential to be a very good player but raw talent isn't enough: he's got to learn to apply it effectively and consistently. I remember when I first saw him get a try out in the first team I thought Macbeth would be a good player for us - but when he came back after an injury which saw him lose his place his attitude was all wrong, unwilling to work to get back into the team. Now he's playing in the Juniors.

Not disagreeing that he went off in a huff,just that the incident wasn't as bad as was suggested. Incidentally, was he in a huff about being subbed or frustrated at how poorly he had played ? His actions were nowhere near as bad as Maggenis

I don't think we have a problem with Fraser at all. Has the potential to be a fine footballer, and hopefully will be learning from the guys around him. Saturday showed that he is very short of match sharpness, but with a full preseason I expect him to be pushing Bannigan, Osman and Stevenson for one of those 3 central places.