Murky Goings-On At Firhill!

Lindau

Watched the Taggart episode on STV Glasgow last night, that was filmed at Firhill and featured those fine upstanding players Chic and Albert!! Think it's repeated tonight at 21.00. Great to see both ends of the ground in all their glory, before we had the Bing and the North! Remember sitting in the ground after a match as they wanted to film some more footage, can't remember what game it was though!

Edited by Lindau

I remember Mark McManus being in the Starks Bar before a game against Raith. Think he had been filming Taggart at STV in Cowcaddens, went in for a few pints at the Station and been persuaded to get on the City Centre bus for the game If my memory serves me right, he was pretty well on and was left in the bar for the duration of the game, then picked up and poured back on to the bus and taken back up the road. Bit of a man, to say the least!

• Like 2

I remember Mark McManus being in the Starks Bar before a game against Raith. Think he had been filming Taggart at STV in Cowcaddens, went in for a few pints at the Station and been persuaded to get on the City Centre bus for the game If my memory serves me right, he was pretty well on and was left in the bar for the duration of the game, then picked up and poured back on to the bus and taken back up the road. Bit of a man, to say the least!

His brother was a Sweet guy
  • Like 1

I once caught an episode of Taggart in the Dutch speaking part of Belgium. It hadn't even been shown in Scotland at that point.

In one scene two guys beat up a man in a marina (filmed in Troon) and he died. They were arrested on suspicion of murder but were later released because he had died of natural causes. "We wur only knockin' him aboot a bit an' he flaked oot oan us". Later on a new suspect was identified and Burke told Robbie to "pull him in fur a chin-wag".

Whatever TV sub-title translators are paid, they're worth every Euro!