What Happens Now

ayrshire jag

After our disasterous start to campaign , Dundee win apart, our form since January has been abysmal.

Let's get one thing straight , the BOD do not want club to get relegated they fully understand the repercussions of this, possible total demise of the club and possible insolvency.

As I see it a lot of hard thinking to be done asap, options available are:

1)do nothing and risk relegation, dwindling crowds and more pressure put on Ian McCall , the players and BOD,

2)Release cash to IM to invest in better players (only have to Tuesday before window closes) or

3) Pay off IM and look for a successor

Also a fourth potential option, IM walks away, although I think this is unlikely.

I won't speculate as to which of the above my occur but surely the present situation can not be allowed to continue, someone needs to take the place by the scruff of the neck and start making the correct decisions to save Jags from fadng into obscurity.

A very sad day today.

AJ

After our disasterous start to campaign , Dundee win apart, our form since January has been abysmal.

Let's get one thing straight , the BOD do not want club to get relegated they fully understand the repercussions of this, possible total demise of the club and possible insolvency.

1)do nothing and risk relegation, dwindling crowds and more pressure put on Ian McCall , the players and BOD,

2)Release cash to IM to invest in better players (only have to Tuesday before window closes) or

Also a fourth potential option, IM walks away, although I think this is unlikely.

I won't speculate as to which of the above my occur but surely the present situation can not be allowed to continue, someone needs to take the place by the scruff of the neck and start making the correct decisions to save Jags from fadng into obscurity.

A very sad day today.

AJ

A very sad day today.

AJ

The option you have missed is...the majority of the BOD feck off. Cowan, Hughes, Prentice, Bannerman can all go now. We are still one of the best supported teams in the league, probably pay the lowest wages of the full time teams,yet there is no investment made on the playing side. Christ look at Raith. Do they get bigger crowds than us...No, but they have directors that are willing to put their hands in their pockets We have a chairman and a director that took charge after the STJ senario and promised the club would never get into that state again. Well Mr Cowan and Hughes, the club is in a worse state now. Time to move on and take your partners Prentice and Bannerman with you. The only guys that appear to be willing to put their hands in their pockets are Beattie and Allan, so they are the only two I would keep. The club needs a clear out from top to bottom....NOW!!!! Todays results proves beyond doubt that we are relegation material

option 2 or 3 would be nice but option 1 is more likely. Im totally ashamed of thistle today. The club is rotten to the core right now, really daft things have irked me this season i.e no ice and out of date crisps in bar, no pennant to bristol rovers player despite one in return,thistle are rising song,my wives enquiries about hospitality ignored...these have been numbing me from whats actually happening on park, no fight,own players given us the v sign, basically cowdenbeath are a team up from 2nd div who lost their manager in summer yet they beat us. Ive made some rash purchases in my time but my season ticket and strip rank as the biggest waste of money i can recall. Yes ive had a tipple today but i dont think this post would change in the morn. I hope all the fans have an extra lotto ticket on tonight as right now that is my only hope of ptfc playing full time in 1st div next season!!!! Rant over. Lol reading back, my wifes enquiry and not wives...im no saudi prince although i wish i had their cash!

A very sad day today.

AJ

I reckon my mortgage would be a safe bet on option 1. The b.o.d. have been taking us down this road for years now and the buffers are very fast approaching.

Dont think its unlikely that Ian Mccall will walk, he has a history of doing it and remember he has to walk about the west end and may not want the hassle of abuse from Jagsfans.

Kevin, this assumes that there are people in the West End and in Glasgow who give enough of a sh*t about Thistle to raise their voices. You may find them here but I seriously doubt they are out there in sufficient numbers for the manager to hire a bodyguard.

Dont think its unlikely that Ian Mccall will walk, he has a history of doing it and remember he has to walk about the west end and may not want the hassle of abuse from Jagsfans.

Do you think there is that many of us to make his life that miserable that you would walk away fron his job ? I don't

Bunter may be happy to walk, after all there is likely to be a vacancy at Dens Park; was his decision to drop Robbo a sutble piece of sabotage, which would lead to a bad result today, which would justify him walking away - hey presto he's free man and Dundee suddenly don't need to pay compen.

They're fcuking welcome to him.

If not, the board will be forced to act as attendances dwindle to a Bunnet-like low: I for not will not be paying to watch this p1sh.

Edited by Semi Nurainen

Bunter may be happy to walk, after all there is likely to be a vacancy at Dens Park; was his decision to drop Robbo a sutble piece of sabotage, which would lead to a bad result today, which would justify him walking away - hey presto he's free man and Dundee suddenly don't need to pay compen.

If not, the board will be forced to act as attendances dwindle to a Bunnet-like low: I for not will not be paying to watch this p1sh.

Is he that clever ? Never seen any of his substitutions showing like he knows wtf he is doing !

I'm not sure how it works, but I imagine our BOD would expect comp from McCall if he broke the contract and walked, even if him walking was the best thing for the club now. I'm sure they'll find a way to sabotage all the best possible outcomes.

think back to when he first came to the club ?

he said in 5 years time i want to be director of football at firhill,

then came Dundee last year

that to me signaled the end for mccall

once you've made up your mind that you want to leave then your heart is not in the job

this year he has been so lazy that he hasn't even bothered to look for new talent for the club

for me he was never a jags man

Are you on commission to post on here how p1sh or sh1te thistle are......every post, same stuff !!!

We've already been advised that Robbo seemed to have a back problem. You really stupid enough to believe Corky dropped robbo just to get out of the thistle job ?