Time For Leadership

Big Col

Mr Cowan needs to tell us in Saturday's programme, or a special message on the official website, where the club is going and what the plans are. What's the business plan? We don't want to hear his views on Motherwell, or Scottish teams in Europe or his thoughts on anything not related to Thistle.

Is the ambition of the board to finish 8th in the division for each of the next 3 seasons? Is the extent of their ambition to merely preserve our 1st division status or are we going to aim higher?

Will they dig deep in their own pockets and invest further in the business? Would they welcome an offer for their shareholding? Would they walk away if the right offer came along?

Or is Mr Cowan and his chums simply going to keep trundling out the "we're skint" line and have to cut our cloth to match our means etc.

Well I'm sick of the bullsht and want to hear concerete plans. If none are forthcoming, it simply confirms that the management of the club are winging it and blindly stumbling from one shambles to another rearranging the deckchairs on the titanic.

So over to you Mr Chairman - I look forward to hearing from you.

Mr Cowan needs to tell us in Saturday's programme, or a special message on the official website, where the club is going and what the plans are. What's the business plan? We don't want to hear his views on Motherwell, or Scottish teams in Europe or his thoughts on anything not related to Thistle.

Is the ambition of the board to finish 8th in the division for each of the next 3 seasons? Is the extent of their ambition to merely preserve our 1st division status or are we going to aim higher?

Will they dig deep in their own pockets and invest further in the business? Would they welcome an offer for their shareholding? Would they walk away if the right offer came along?

Or is Mr Cowan and his chums simply going to keep trundling out the "we're skint" line and have to cut our cloth to match our means etc.

Well I'm sick of the bullsht and want to hear concerete plans. If none are forthcoming, it simply confirms that the management of the club are winging it and blindly stumbling from one shambles to another rearranging the deckchairs on the titanic.

E-mail him?

Clearly you and I are listening to a different Allan Cowan from each other because I believe he and his colleagues on the Thistle board have been saying this for quite some time now.

E-mail him?

I e-mailed him once before, after our 4 nil mauling by Clyde telling him that Dick Campbell was past his sell by date and expressing my opinion that he should be removed from the role immediately.

The response I got told me that I was a pessimist and I should not be so negative.

Needless to say that I was proved right huh?

I'm just thinking along the same lines as the place I work at - our company is going/has gone through some sticky times and the management issue communications to all staff acknowledging the difficulties, reassuring the staff and proving some info on actions being taken to change things for the better.

I just thought it would be nice to hear something along those lines from the chaps in the board room.

I'm just thinking along the same lines as the place I work at - our company is going/has gone through some sticky times and the management issue communications to all staff acknowledging the difficulties, reassuring the staff and proving some info on actions being taken to change things for the better.

I just thought it would be nice to hear something along those lines from the chaps in the board room.

I can't see the message will have changed.

1. Full Time Football is unsustainable in the 1st Division
  2. Redevlopment of the Ground is the Only way we can survive
  3. No white knight is liable to appear
  4. We must minimise costs as much as possible
  5. part time football is a serious consideration

I struggle to see what costs can still be cut, the majority of people on a matchday are volunteers. Only 1 person in the office, Ami & George Furze doing stuff about the place. Apart from that, during the week, we don't have any other paid staff (as far as I'm aware). & as I said, matchdays are full of volunteers; from selling programmes, 50/50's & match tickets, to working in the ticket booth & promoting the Junior Jags.

It's pretty simple. They'll start by concreting over the bing, and then they'll demolish and concrete over the main stand. Housing and offices will make up two sides of Firhill "Stadium".

Edited by Jaggernaut

It's pretty simple. They'll start by concreting over the bing, and then they'll demolish and concrete over the main stand. Housing and offices will make up two sides of Firhill "Stadium".

Or it might just be delayed long enough and our performances and resulting financial position so dire, that they hoover up the whole ground and get a much more lucrative development scenario out of this? :thinking: