Another Sick Story

jaggy

Not trying to make light of all these horrific stories but there is a certain irony about the old Rangers being the first Scottish club to be mentioned in this new wave of allegations, after all their years of "Big Jock knew" I brought this up with a typical Sevconian in work yesterday in light of The Suns headline story. His reply was "that was a goal you scored on Saturday should have stood....never offside" Talk about changing the subject!

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/scottish-news/266911/ex-player-claims-sacked-rangers-coach-gordon-neely-raped-him-aged-13-while-he-was-playing-at-a-top-boys-club-in-edinburgh/

Edited by Lindau
  • Like 1

I heard Mr Haynes being interviewed on the radio and one comment I picked up on (which is also in the article) sums up the attitude of all these negligent authorities. (The fact that it's the BBC one of those negligent authorities re Saville that's carrying the story is ironic but irrelevant). After relating his horrendous account to the SFA as a way of apology they offered him a tour of the SFA offices in Park Gardens. I too don't want to make light of the situation but that sort of insensitivity is on par with a bank manager telling a customer he's repossessing his house and asking "while you're here would you like to see the vaults"?

Total respect for the guy coming out. The headline is a bit naughty, cos seemingly it happened at a club associated with hibs, not Rangers. Editors trying to sell papers on the back of a scandalous story.

The biggest and worst stories coming out of these allegations, are that teams have paid players to be silent. If true and some of this happened when they were kids, then the parents of the kids need to be prosecuted as well. Who would ever buy their kids silence and possible let other kids be abused. I think this will end up being massive and across most sports, athletics, swimming ect.

Also lindau, if it does come out and anyone knew at rangers and tried to cover it up, then they should be jailed, just like anyone at any other club should be. As for The BJK chant that the blue arsecheek chant, that was brought up in court that he knew and also the Kelly's who were the directors at the time, from the players who testified in court.

Edited by JaggyMad