The Chairman Speaks.....to Me

MWM

If you think that is an acceptable reply from the Chairman of Partick Thistle to a fan when we're bottom of the league, when we've used the phrase "financial armageddon" so many times that we've lost touch with what the words mean and when the fans have been disenfranchised and driven away like never before then you've already got the club you deserve.

If Allan Cowan is looking for someone who can do a better job as Chairman then I can ask around my nephew's primary 2 class to see if any of them want to earn some extra pocket money. If we were flying high it would be unacceptable to respond to a fan like that but at the moment it simply beggars belief that this man with his miniscule shareholding in the club thinks that he is so important to PTFC that he has the right to insult and denigrate supporters. If he thinks that an email is abusive then ignore it or reply with the class and dignity that is absent in the original communication. We did not choose to be broke and bottom of the league. He did choose to be Chairman. Wear that responsibility with more class until the second you walk away.

100% spot on.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't say I'm that surprised by Alan Cowan's response, not because I think the original email was abusive- it wasn't - but rather that this is his standard response whenever he comes in for blunt criticism. I don't see that the original email was out of order, it was articulate but blunt, there were no personal attacks and frankly Cowan should behave with more dignity.

Not that he ever will though...

Of course maybe Mr Cowan came back angry from the match, had a couple of drinks, came home pissed then saw this e-mail! Maybe he could have sent an e-mail himself suggesting the lack of fans turning up was to blame and the fans should look at their own performance!

OK so I don't believe what I've written above but you never know!