The Chairman Speaks.....to Me

MWM

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a few shandies last night I returned home to read the aftermath of yesterdays game, and as wound up as I was at 5 o'clock, but intoxicated, I decided to send the chairman an e-mail, and after reading it again, I was surprised how diplomatic I was despite how pretty drunk I was at the time, although it seems a few home truths may have hurt our chairmans feelings. After discussion this with another fan I decided some people might like to read what he had to say....

chair@ptfc​.co.uk

* [email protected]

* Send e-mail

* Find e-mail

Add to contacts

To Michael McGhee

Sent: 12 September 2010 11:31:48

To: Michael McGhee ([email protected])

Michael

Ok then - when are you going to offer to take on the resposibility of

running this football club since you think you could do so much better ?

I look forward to hearing

Allan Cowan

Quoting Michael McGhee <[email protected]>:

>

> It is clear under your leadership that you cannot take the club

> anywhere but down, and the contributions of you, McMaster, Hughes

> and Prentice have been nothing short of disasterous. The awful

> managerial appointments, the out of control debt, the pointless

> moving of hospitality, the lies fed to the fans, to name a few

> things. I remember Tom Hughes saying circa 1998, you can accept

> losing matches, but losing money. Well the facts are your regime are

> going to put us out of business. Its unbelieveable with an

> accountant for a chairman we have no idea how to balance the books.

>

> I think it is best you either remove the manager from his current

> position, which is losing week in and out to part-time teams or

> resign from the board. Could you do both please? PLEAAASEEEE. Please

> resign, or at least admit you've done a horrible job.

>

An absolute joke, MWM that is a battle were I would/will happily fight on your side. This response to a genuine and rational email is disgraceful if unsurprising.

After a few shandies last night I returned home to read the aftermath of yesterdays game, and as wound up as I was at 5 o'clock, but intoxicated, I decided to send the chairman an e-mail, and after reading it again, I was surprised how diplomatic I was despite how pretty drunk I was at the time, although it seems a few home truths may have hurt our chairmans feelings. After discussion this with another fan I decided some people might like to read what he had to say....

chair@ptfc​.co.uk

* [email protected]

* Send e-mail

* Find e-mail

Add to contacts

To Michael McGhee

Sent: 12 September 2010 11:31:48

To: Michael McGhee ([email protected])

Michael

Allan Cowan

Quoting Michael McGhee <[email protected]>:

>

> It is clear under your leadership that you cannot take the club

> anywhere but down, and the contributions of you, McMaster, Hughes

> and Prentice have been nothing short of disasterous. The awful

> managerial appointments, the out of control debt, the pointless

> moving of hospitality, the lies fed to the fans, to name a few

> things. I remember Tom Hughes saying circa 1998, you can accept

> losing matches, but losing money. Well the facts are your regime are

> going to put us out of business. Its unbelieveable with an

> accountant for a chairman we have no idea how to balance the books.

>

> I think it is best you either remove the manager from his current

> position, which is losing week in and out to part-time teams or

> resign from the board. Could you do both please? PLEAAASEEEE. Please

> resign, or at least admit you've done a horrible job.

>

In my view you got all you bloody deserved.

Big Man, an email like that is just like someone poking me in the chest with their finger and berating me as a spoilt kid would. While I agree with the sentiment I think the OP deserves nothing more than 'get lost'.

What that kind of communication does is hand the chairman ammunition - here's what your typical fan is all about and that's why we pay them no mind.

Edited by McKennan

With all due respect that's nonsense mate. Email is a valid method of communication without which no modern day business could survive.

The response from Cowan is deplorable.

I'm with McKennan. Send an email to the chairman, tell him he's a fud and so are his fellow directors and then expect a civil and reasoned response.

Double standards apply if we can behave like 12-year old kids and expect the adults to behave better.

Sorry, but some growing up is required IMHO.

I'm with McKennan. Send an email to the chairman, tell him he's a fud and so are his fellow directors and then expect a civil and reasoned response.

Double standards apply if we can behave like 12-year old kids and expect the adults to behave better.

In fairness, MTM didn't actually insult anyone as an individual in his e-mail to the Chairman. He stuck pretty rigidly to attacking their record, which given his apparent state of intoxication is frankly impressive!

Edited by Woodstock Jag

In fairness, MTM didn't actually insult anyone as an individual in his e-mail to the Chairman. He stuck pretty rigidly to attacking their record, which given his apparent state of intoxication is frankly impressive!

Okay, I'll revise that to: email the chairman, tell him he's performed like a fud...etc

Okay, I'll revise that to: email the chairman, tell him he's performed like a fud...etc

If you put yourself forward to run a football Club and you don't do it properly, in so doing leaving it in peril on and off the pitch, it's perfectly legitimate for the fans of that Club to criticise your record.

Unless you are suggesting, as the Chairman seems to suggest, that people should only have the right to criticise those who they are better than at something... in which case no one in the Jackie Husband Stand would have the right to criticise Liam Buchanan every time he sclaffs a shot 2 foot wide, or every time Willie Bombscare swings his arms at the ball like a pair of axes.

If you put yourself forward to run a football Club and you don't do it properly, in so doing leaving it in peril on and off the pitch, it's perfectly legitimate for the fans of that Club to criticise your record.

Unless you are suggesting, as the Chairman seems to suggest, that people should only have the right to criticise those who they are better than at something... in which case no one in the Jackie Husband Stand would have the right to criticise Liam Buchanan every time he sclaffs a shot 2 foot wide, or every time Willie Bombscare swings his arms at the ball like a pair of axes.

I don't deny anyone the right to protest, or to criticise and I agree the the response was less than professional. BUT, if we can only really name-call then what sort of response do you expect?

Again, I agree that the response was very poor, but I think that Cowan is simply living down to our expectations now.

I don't deny anyone the right to protest, or to criticise and I agree the the response was less than professional. BUT, if we can only really name-call then what sort of response do you expect?

Again, I agree that the response was very poor, but I think that Cowan is simply living down to our expectations now.

He didn't name call though, which is sort of my point.

Thank you. It's a bit like giving a player dog's abuse for 90 minutes then springing a petted lip when the player has the gall (sorry) to give a bit back.

Pretty embarassing stuff all round.

When someone sends a pissed e-mail that essentially just slags you off the best thing to do is simply ignore it, rather than fan the flames.

Cowan's response does sum things up though.

Everyone wants rid of him, but where's the queue to replace him?

If he ignores it, he gets pelters for ignoring the people who pay the players (and everyone's) wages.

Not saying I agree with the response, but ignoring it would have made you happy?

Nah, thought not.

[quote To Michael McGhee

Michael

Allan Cowan

If that's a genuine reply, my club really is knackered wae people like that in control. He's abrogating his huge responsibility to the club and the club's fans by replying with a glib answer like that. :drink2:

Edited by BearsdenLoyal

McKennan and Sandy Gall are right but only up to a point. I feel it's really a matter of how you value an e mail sent hours after a disaster of a game. Cowan gets off lightly at Firhill as the director's playpen is well away from the body of the kirk and thus he escapes a lot of verbal abuse. So next up is to vent your anger on a forum like here but again you've no idea if that gets thru to the chairman. So you let rip with an e mail, not unlike you'd shout at the director's box or rant on here.

Just as you'd expect no chairman to bawl back at you from his padded seat in the stand surely to goodness our chairman doesn't need to respond to a post match e mail in such a manner.