Last Night's Telly

Blackpool Jags

Having a night in by the telly and avoiding the soaps, my Sky Sports developed a fault so was unable to take in the Stoke v Villa game.

Instead, I tuned into Channel 4 who were broadcasting a frank, hard-hitting documentary on the pope who's due to visit these shores some time over the next few days on an apparent state visit; the first one since Henry VIII tore up his membership card.

I already knew enough about the rascal to have him pretty low down on my list of favourite people, but some of the things he's personally responsible for, apparently, are heinous in the extreme. The 'weans' issue, it would seem, has reached the proportions we are now all aware of due, almost entirely, to Ratzinger's edict (when he was a mere Cardinal) to all Bishops not to report paedophile priests to the police. This surely, in most people's eyes, makes the man an international criminal worthy of arrest when he lands on UK soil very soon.

Seems to me that the Secular Society have the right idea, calling for a large-scale protest - on Saturday - against the arrival of this monster.

http://www.secularism.org.uk/protest-the-pope.html

... unlike the CofE and other self-serving protestant sects who will be welcoming the beast-in-chief with open arms.

http://www.ekklesia.co.uk/node/13090

This particular protest sympathiser will be at Palmerston for a greater cause, but will not be unaware of events taking place down South.

Time for enlightenment over superstition and evil I say. No to the visit of the pope and down with all religion of any hue or colour.

I've made my opinions known on all organised religion and this villain in particular, and although I doubt anyone will actually try and cuff him, I support any attempts to remove his immunity status. We've seen a couple of Presidents up before The Hague recently, and he should certainly be tried for genocide in terms of his holy decrees on AIDS and for covering up the abuse and torture of minors by an international cabal. It's at times like this that I think how funny it would be if I was wrong and there is a God sitting on judgment on us.

It's at times like this that I think how funny it would be if I was wrong and there is a God sitting on judgment on us.

I've often thought that many believers and clergy would have more to fear from their 'god' than most atheists given that they bend the rules of their religion to siut their own ends.

I've often thought that many believers and clergy would have more to fear from their 'god' than most atheists given that they bend the rules of their religion to suit their own ends.

It's a shame it's not enough to deter them though.

Although it does add weight to the suspicion that if they fear no wrath, then perhaps they are non-believing paedophiles who have cleverly hidden in the 'cloth' to enable themselves to feed their need ! :mad2:

What I just don't get - apart from a former nazi brownshirt and paedophile coverer-upper visiting town - is why the hell they have to shut the M77 motorway and turn it into a bus park

... I mean a main arterial route to the southside shut down for a german clown ... it beggars belief ... which particular village idiot councillor made this ridiculous decision

... think i might just have to take my bike to work on Thursday - I'm sure some pavement mounting and light skipping will have to be necessary to avoid the renfield street to shawlands and beyond gridlock (if that's okay with hamiltonjag and the big man?!!) :thumbsup2:

No nation will ever have the balls to do that.

Prophet for profit :wall:

The US either has or will be dropping his immunity status. The argument is that he is not a Head of State, as The Vatican does not have full UN membership, only observer status. He can be arrested. Add to that the likely pressure he will face to step down (something that has happened in the past, albeit rarely) and eventually I'm sure he will be forced to hand over his files. As with the Belgian case, Secular Authorities will be more likely now to investigate crimes themselves and arresting any clerics who stand in the way of justice. If he continues to suppress justice as new cases emerge, then Secular Governments will have their hand forced.

When we see how many British Paedophiles he's been protecting then I hope Brown, Patten and Widdecombe publicy apologise for their courting of this evil man. The UK should not be extending him an invitation to visit, in fact it should be made clear that he will not be granted entry visas anywhere until he hands over his files to Interpol.

I'm just disgusted with the whole charade of the Vatican as a state.

This waste of our money, filling their coffers and costing every taxpayer in the country, regardless of religious views, is indefensible.

I don't even want to start on the man himself. Calling him a man is doing decent men a disservice. I feel sorry for those following this evil.

What I just don't get - apart from a former nazi brownshirt and paedophile coverer-upper visiting town - is why the hell they have to shut the M77 motorway and turn it into a bus park

... I mean a main arterial route to the southside shut down for a german clown ... it beggars belief ... which particular village idiot councillor made this ridiculous decision

... think i might just have to take my bike to work on Thursday - I'm sure some pavement mounting and light skipping will have to be necessary to avoid the renfield street to shawlands and beyond gridlock (if that's okay with hamiltonjag and the big man?!!) :thumbsup2:

Yup, total and utter nonsense. M77 is closed from 9.30 tomorrow morning until 2.30 in the morning on Friday. WTF?????

Rangers manage to have crowds of 50k every second week half a mile away, Snow Patrol etc played at Bellahouston Park without having to shut down the main road into Glasgow.

Totally brainless.

i await with baited breath the media reporting how many tens of millions this farce has cost the economy. or does that only occur when workers take industrial action?

Very good point. The media's class bias and selectiveness of what they consider to be newsworthy is never more apparent than in these situations.

Speaking of which, I caught the back end of the sycophantic BBC News pundit speaking about how Ratzinger, in his speech, had railed against those who "pick and mix their moralities", describing the beast's indignity at those who dabble in drugs, promiscuity and other vices and yet purport to be christians. Well, I nearly fell through the glass door in the living room when I heard that: surely the last word in hypocrisy.

i await with baited breath the media reporting how many tens of millions this farce has cost the economy. or does that only occur when workers take industrial action?

Heard that it was £20 to get into see the comedian in Bellahouston Park. Is this right?

If it is, 65,000 x 20 quid a pop is 1.3 million quid - where does this go? Directly to the councils, police or other services, companies and people employed in the nonsense that occured today, or pumped back into the UK treasury/Scottish Executive Budget?

Or does it go to the Papal Pot, perhaps even to be used in future legal costs defending the indefensible that the current Pontiff is clearly guilty of.