Harkins

javeajag

9 hours ago, Weebaw1 said:

Gary was a terrific player for us as an attacking mid.

All this talk about defence or defensive mid is bull. I recall one game when he was pressed into action as an emergency CB @ Stirling Albion And was embarrassed by Martin Gahan(donkey that signed for us).

So, this will not happen.

Harkins is an attacking mid who should directly replace the appalling Storey. If he creates more than 2 goals which he will, he will have trumped Storey in a short time.

Yup, Caldwell said on Jagzone he’s there to turn defence into attack. Even if we get ten good games out of GGGH it could turn out to be a crucial addition!

• Like 1

I would have laughed at the prospect of signing him a few years back. However we need to realize where we are at the minute - a struggling Championship team.

We lack experience and somebody to play a quality final ball. Harkins gives us this. There is a limited amount of players that become available in this window and we need to sign the best we can.

I would have liked the deal to be to just the end of the season however I suspect the longer deal is what made him sign for us. Falkirk was one of the other clubs in for him but only offered till the end of the season. 

This is a good bit of business for us.  Though I still say a commanding center back and target man forward are key for us in this window. 

If we can get quality in for these positions and  Coulibaly back we will start to climb this league. 

Just now, Alan Murray said:

I would have laughed at the prospect of signing him a few years back. However we need to realize where we are at the minute - a struggling Championship team.

We lack experience and somebody to play a quality final ball. Harkins gives us this. There is a limited amount of players that become available in this window and we need to sign the best we can.

I would have liked the deal to be to just the end of the season however I suspect the longer deal is what made him sign for us. Falkirk was one of the other clubs in for him but only offered till the end of the season. 

This is a good bit of business for us.  Though I still say a commanding center back and target man forward are key for us in this window. 

If we can get quality in for these positions and  Coulibaly back we will start to climb this league. 

Agree with you on all points.

Like i said in previous posts elsewhere (can't for the life of me remember which one), i keep deciding Caldwell's rubbish then he does something or something happens at the club and i start to change my mind.

Many fans of the other clubs have said he was gash for them but when he was with us he was class apart and when he played against us he was always the danger man for me.

Delighted to welcome him back

11 hours ago, Weebaw1 said:

Gary was a terrific player for us as an attacking mid.

All this talk about defence or defensive mid is bull. I recall one game when he was pressed into action as an emergency CB @ Stirling Albion And was embarrassed by Martin Gahan(donkey that signed for us).

So, this will not happen.

Harkins is an attacking mid who should directly replace the appalling Storey. If he creates more than 2 goals which he will, he will have trumped Storey in a short time.

Excellent post weebaw.....ran out of likes AfookinGAIN