Aussie A-League

thistledome

:thumbsup2: Last Season's A-League Champs were Sydney F.C.This season they are dead set Bottom of the league having not won 1 game from 7 and with 3 pts due to 3 draws and no one is talking about the manager being sacked, well not yet anyway :thumbdown: Last seasons Wooden Spooners Adelaide Utd are sitting proudly at the top of the league with 18 pts from 5 wins and 3 draws and no losses anf their manager is being hailed as some football hero in some of the media :thumbsup2: Just thought I would share this useless info with all of you back home :lol:

I am in Sydney and went to their match on sunday night. They do look a struggling side at the moment. Hopefully tomorrow night will be a positive step forward for them. One thing to comment on from the match was the home end...some decent atmosphere was generated. I also must say i enjoyed having a beer, standing and not getting crap from various authorities. Weather was fine today so i hope tomorrow is as well. Spectating is sure a lot more pleasant when you are not freezing!

Went to that game too and found it quite entertaining. Particularly enjoyed Gold Coast sub John Curtis (formerly of Man U and Blackburn Rovers) getting sent off two minutes after he came on. The atmosphere was pretty good considering there were 10 000 in a stadium that holds four times that amount. Expensive, though: I paid about 20 pounds to get in.

The rain was indeed torrential. My Thistle rain jacket came in handy as despite what it looks on tv the SFS roof covers not much at all. Sydney did hit the post a couple of times but got no luck. Up next is the league leaders Adelaide on Monday, so that'll likely be a 3-0 home victory!

I went to the Mariners v Fury match in Gosford last night. Once again the Thistle rain jacket was necessary. The Mariners won 3-2 but the most notable event was ex-Jag Simon Storey scoring a nice goal after some comedy defending by the Central Coast team. The AFL final was yesterday and the NRL final is today so hopefully the A-league can get some more press and better crowds as the spring and summer come. Weather is a bit Vancouver-like out there today (rainy and cold). Sydney FC have Adelaide on Monday at the SFS so it better warm up by then as Sydneysiders are a tad soft when it comes to bad weather.