If We Win The Cup?

jagaritis

If the jagerinos reach the cup final,does the club get a financial windfall,share of gate receipts,a wad of cash for winning/appearing,tv cash,or just enough for the bus fair home?

Club gets nice trinket for the sideboard. Players get kudos and bring in first silverware in ... that long? Bank gets the pennies. No idea how many.

The Challenge Cup is an utter waste of time, no money in it and no real respect for the winners. Outside the SFL teams supporters most people don't know it exists. "How come your playing when it's the international weekend?". "It's the Challenge Cup". "Whats that?". "Cup competition for the lower league teams". "Oh *look of indifference*".

I'd imagine the final could be a decent day out but it doesn't have the excitement of the proper cups.

The Challenge Cup is an utter waste of time, no money in it and no real respect for the winners. Outside the SFL teams supporters most people don't know it exists. "How come your playing when it's the international weekend?". "It's the Challenge Cup". "Whats that?". "Cup competition for the lower league teams". "Oh *look of indifference*".

I'd imagine the final could be a decent day out but it doesn't have the excitement of the proper cups.

Agreed, it's mostly an irrelevance. But as I said, even £15,000 is not to be sniffed at by teams in our position. One more win at the weekend and that is a guaranteed sum. Win the final and it's double that. Those considerations, added to the decent day out factor, make it worth it.

My view is that we should play youngsters in the early stages, but if we get to the semi and the team is improving, then bring it on.

My worry is that it is a bit of a poisoned challice.

Look at the fortunes of the last 2 winners (Airdrie - finished 9th, lost the playoff and were saved by Livingston's demotion to Div 3 only to be relegated properly the next season) and Dundee (snigger, need I say more)

Edited by GrantB

It might be a diddy cup (the double-diddy cup in fact), but a final is a final and that might be the closest to excitement we'll get for the season.

We'll get more excitement this season, don't worry about that. Whether it's of the good pissed-on-the-train-back type or the squeaky bum type, who knows....