For Those There Today

lennythistle

My point was going to the steward inflamed the situation

No, going to the steward was the course of action he chose to take, which he was well within his rights to do (whether you agree with this action or not). What happened next cannot be layed at anyones door but those involved, i.e. the fans mouthing off to the steward and the steward for being a bit OTT (if he/she was).

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been asked what was full story so i'll give it.

During game my dad, objected to what he deemed was too much foul and abusive language from a section in the area we were in...an area full of kids...one being my daughter.

He asked the steward to ask that the guy tone it down.

That was it as far as we were concerned. Then about 5 mins later it all kicked off with the steward and the guy in question....the steward claimed he was assaulted, i know this because while outside , i heard the steward make a complaint of assault to the police. The guy was taken out amoungst a lot of abuse aimed at the steward and police...i stress we never asked him to be removed.

Then a section of the support turned on me and my dad and daughter. We were called scum, sworn at repeatedly .....due to this i felt it best we left. the abuse and threats intensivied as we left and my daughter was in a great deal of distress....none of this mattered to those who continued with the abuse. Physical threats toward us were made.

We then left the ground. stirling albion stewards offerded us seats in hospitality but i declined as my daughter was too upset and wanted home.

thats it...not one bit of spin.....anyone who suggests otherwise should be here to deal with a terrified ten year old who will now , as she says, go back to thistle matches again and a 64 yr old grand father who has supported thistle his entire life, who will never watch thistle again. Me, im taking my time before making my mind up.

That blows my 'misunderstanding theory' out the window then. Sorry you've had such an experience and hope your daughter is ok.

No, going to the steward was the course of action he chose to take, which he was well within his rights to do (whether you agree with this action or not). What happened next cannot be layed at anyones door but those involved, i.e. the fans mouthing off to the steward and the steward for being a bit OTT (if he/she was).

Generally when stewards get involved there is a good chance things are gonna turn sour. Getting stewards involved cause someone called the linesman a rent boy is pathetic.

That blows my 'misunderstanding theory' out the window then. Sorry you've had such an experience and hope your daughter is ok.

You're taking Lenny's word for it, then? I'd be very surprised to discover those involved resorted to the actions he's described and that the posters in his vicinity would fail to mention them.

The guy who was ejected was released without charge, btw.

Then a section of the support turned on me and my dad and daughter. We were called scum, sworn at repeatedly .....due to this i felt it best we left. the abuse and threats intensivied as we left and my daughter was in a great deal of distress....none of this mattered to those who continued with the abuse. Physical threats toward us were made.

Fifty of them? And some of them climbed over seats to physically intimadate you?

So you are just gonna accept that without question or listening to the other side? jees that was pretty easy eh

The original post gave rise to some possible misunderstandings about who the abuse was directed at, the follow-up post by lennythistle removes the doubt...I assume you think he is lying? Where you in the same part of the stand as lenny? Did you see things differently to how he saw them? If so what's your version?

And why is that?

Because when people are at the football they are fired up supporting their team and sometimes dont react reasonably, ESPECIALLY not when it comes to stewards, who are often rude and haughty. So getting stewards invlved is proabaly gonna just create hastle. What the guy should have done is realised that swearing isnt actually going to harm his daugher in any way whatsoever, and if he is still uncomfortable after this epiphany then he could have moved to another area of the stadium

I have'nt read all the posts so sorry if im going off subject a bit.

Im 42 and have a daughter of nine. Myself and rest of the family dont swear in front of her and i dont like it when others do it in the street etc...BUT...when ive took her along to Firhill ive told her she WILL hear it and it's not a big thing as that's just what happens at the football. I dont have a problem with it, and have done it myself many times when we've had bad decisions go against us.

Swearing, shouting etc has and allways will be part of going to a game.

If you dont want your children to hear it dont go.

Simple as that.

Edited by GOVAN JAG

The original post gave rise to some possible misunderstandings about who the abuse was directed at, the follow-up post by lennythistle removes the doubt...I assume you think he is lying? Where you in the same part of the stand as lenny? Did you see things differently to how he saw them? If so what's your version?

I was not there. And yes i do feel that he is at the vey least twisting the situation. However what i am saying is surely you should hear what others who were there have to say before you judge finally whethe he is being truthful. Dont you think there is a chance that he might just be a tad biased?

I was not there. And yes i do feel that he is at the vey least twisting the situation. However what i am saying is surely you should hear what others who were there have to say before you judge finally whethe he is being truthful. Dont you think there is a chance that he might just be a tad biased?

I think you might be a tad biased, you seem to be leading the charge that the OP is lying.

Because when people are at the football they are fired up supporting their team and sometimes dont react reasonably, ESPECIALLY not when it comes to stewards, who are often rude and haughty. So getting stewards invlved is proabaly gonna just create hastle. What the guy should have done is realised that swearing isnt actually going to harm his daugher in any way whatsoever, and if he is still uncomfortable after this epiphany then he could have moved to another area of the stadium

He shouldn't have to move seats tho! What if they were in good seats wi a good view? What if the seats had only just got a bit of heat in them and he didnt want to move to a cold seat? Is that where we are now, if you dont like it fuk off somewhere else?

this one (the woman) wasnt, she asked him not to do it, he said no probs the other guy could not keep quiet.

why?? HE hasnt done anything wrong, why should he (and his kids) move????

there is a difference(as has been pointed out) between shouting, whats the **** was that, when they make a hash of somthing and just swearing for the sake of swearingthat is just abusieve.

this one (the woman) wasnt, she asked him not to do it, he said no probs the other guy could not keep quiet.

why?? HE hasnt done anything wrong, why should he (and his kids) move????

there is a difference(as has been pointed out) between shouting, whats the **** was that, when they make a hash of somthing and just swearing for the sake of swearingthat is just abusieve.

As far as i can tell the guy caled the linesman a rent boy....big deal