For Those There Today

lennythistle

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was a couple of rows behind what happened and never seen any of the abuse directed at the OP or his daughter. It was nothing worse than I'd heard at other away games but those who were warned by the steward didn't help themselves by arguing and the steward didn't help himself by pushing one of those being ejected as that could've caused a much more serious incident than what happened.

If what the OP says is true then it was even worse than I thought at the game and those involved should be ashamed of themselves. There seemed to be a few around those ejected spoiling for a fight with anyone who spoke out and if honved was the one a couple of seats to my right who said they were talking pish then he was spot on.

It seems that the main one arguing was arrested as I went down for a drink a few minutes before half time and he was being led away.

Swearing will not do yor wee girl any harm. Your over protectiveness might.

I'm not having a go at the lad for 'protecting' he daughter, but whether he felt physically threatened, or it was just the sensibilities of his father at risk, then he could have moved. That's my argument.

Did that happen?

Dunno, wisnae there. Can understand someone mistakenly thinking the scum chants were directed at them but if someone was climbing a seat to get to me I think Id be clear he was climbing a seat to get to me. Unless of course lenny was in the line of fire between the seat-climber and the nazi steward :unknw:

What was so toe-curling? I really didnt hear anything that isnt heard week in week out at football games all across the country, especially when the linesman was happy to give a penalty when, IMO, Halliwell fouled the guy outside the box. Deserved all he got.

The way I saw it was this...

The ref gives a penalty for an infringement oustide the box. A pile of Thistle fans at that end of the ground quite rightly give the ref a verbal doing. If I recall correctly , my own response, whilst standing up and pointing at the ref was to shout something along the lines of "you have to be ******' jokin' ref it was outside the ******' box". No different from what you'd expect from many Thistle fans and no doubt what lenny might have expected.

The toe-curling bit was several minutes later when the guy concerned was letting rip at the linesman about being a ****** rent boy when no one else in the stadium was raising their voice. I suspect a lot of folk round about were thinking the same as me - "aye, fine, but give it a rest because you're beginning to look and sound like a diddy".

Dunno, wisnae there. Can understand someone mistakenly thinking the scum chants were directed at them but if someone was climbing a seat to get to me I think Id be clear he was climbing a seat to get to me. Unless of course lenny was in the line of fire between the seat-climber and the nazi steward :unknw:

Well, from what I've heard, those 'climbing' over seats were moving in the direction of the stewards and their buddy who was being ejected.

Before I answer that, have we determined whether the OP's father actually asked the offender to be quiet? Sounds like the situation escalated after the stewards became involved.

It only escalated when one guy, sitting next to the guy who had been the original shouter, decided to say something to the steward who was having a quiet word. In short, this is all about a couple of guys who either can't hold their drink or who have Tourettes.

Can I just bring up an incident from the last time we played at Almondvale when a Jags fan used the phrase "black f*cker" and only one person in the crowd remonstrated with him. Everyone else just sat there doing nothing even though it was clearly audible to all around.

And now we have people there today (or even people who were not there) having a pop at a guy who did nothing wrong other than trying to look after his family.

It only escalated when one guy, sitting next to the guy who had been the original shouter, decided to say something to the steward who was having a quiet word. In short, this is all about a couple of guys who either can't hold their drink or who have Tourettes.

or over-zealous stwearding and thistle fans who think they should be allowed to cause trouble instead of just moving, then come onto the internet later to mix it, stir it, twist it and lie.

Perhaps if the request had come from a fellow fan rather than a Stirling steward the original shouter's pal wouldn't have become involved? It does sound as if the original shouter realised he'd made an arse of it.

In any case, it sounds as if the OP's completely exaggerated today's events.

I was a couple of rows behind what happened and never seen any of the abuse directed at the OP or his daughter. It was nothing worse than I'd heard at other away games but those who were warned by the steward didn't help themselves by arguing and the steward didn't help himself by pushing one of those being ejected as that could've caused a much more serious incident than what happened.

If what the OP says is true then it was even worse than I thought at the game and those involved should be ashamed of themselves. There seemed to be a few around those ejected spoiling for a fight with anyone who spoke out and if honved was the one a couple of seats to my right who said they were talking pish then he was spot on.

It seems that the main one arguing was arrested as I went down for a drink a few minutes before half time and he was being led away.

Yer man Honved directed that comment at me when he butted into a conversation i was having with an older guy beside me. I, or any of the people I was with, were not "spoling for a fight" of any sort. I couldnae fight sleep.

Did make me laugh though that Honved felt that my argument that swearing at football was part and parcel was "pish" :lol:

Can I just bring up an incident from the last time we played at Almondvale when a Jags fan used the phrase "black f*cker" and only one person in the crowd remonstrated with him. Everyone else just sat there doing nothing even though it was clearly audible to all around.

In reference to One?

If that's the case you're talking crap. That stooshie carried on all the way back to the car park, and involved a hell of a lot more than two fans.

The problem for me is his daughter was never under threat.

Although she and those with her felt that to be the case, which is as good as. Is that really the atmosphere we want? "Ack, dry yer eyes, you only felt threatened but you didn't actually get hurt!" Some of the posts here show a lack of respect for other fans - why can't someone be asked to tone it down a notch and do so. Why should someone be forced to move seats, why can't they just say that they have a problem and for people to respect that. No-one is talking about a swear ban here, just within reason. But a few too many folk seem happy to blame the person who complained. What about blaming the guy who, by some accounts here, took things too far?

Well, from what I've heard, those 'climbing' over seats were moving in the direction of the stewards and their buddy who was being ejected.

If that was the case then it would appear to be a massive misunderstanding on the part of lennythistle...but given what he thought was happening it's an understandable one, particularly when you fear for the safety of your wean. Don't think lenny is setting out to deliberately make trouble here.