Attendances Again

Jaggernaut

I've been thinkin bout this for a while (at least 2 seasons). Attendance figures work for the club and to a certain extent the papers, gowd luvv em. I only go to away games now because Firhill's DEAD. There's no-place to sing, dance, chant anymore without tripping over someone's "precious darling" who's in for free and who's daddy's a lawyer just waiting to litigate against NORMAL behaviour. Bring back THE SHED, let's do the old chants, let's have the strength that chucked the British Movement and National Front off OUR TERRACES back (never mind harking on to the old days of letting the Section B through OUR door and then shouting "Nazi scum" as they passed by).

Before anyone thinks that I'm talking outa my Ar*se remember Hearts away, Wed, Brian (moustachee man) Whittaker scoring the winner 2-1 the Jags, over 2000 there. Remember Metz away, over 1000 in the ground over 1,000,000 allegedly outside (sorry I'm I mixing up France with someplace else? - over to either GMP or the Guarda Civil?)

Point is - when I was a wean it was an over the park (from Ruchill originally) and over the turnstille for free, so in effect the Thistle ALWAYS let kids in for free. Back in my day there was fights, there was swearing, there was nae pishers worth using (anyone remember the old battle ground that was the "away" open air bogs?) It never put me off, in fact made me want to come again. Today we have a bunch of posers on the park and a relegated PC brigade parents that want the best views and none of "that stuff" .

Move the kids to the far side, let the "Shed" prosper and move to at least the end where "banter" can be heard by the measely away support and let's go for it.

Discuss

Agree with most of the above. Firhill is dead, the main section of home support should be closest to the away support that way you generate more signing and atsmosphere beween the two sets of supporters. If the club are worried about about offending young families and children then move them up to the other end of the ground. And yes I too wish for those days of a short trip(sometimes at speed depending on what end of Ruchill you came from) through the Ruchill park to the games every Saturday regardless of it being either the first team or the reserves.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic