Attendances Again

Jaggernaut

Right, that's it. I've had enough of this. It is exactly this type of negative drivel that is killing Thistle. Well stay away then Mr so-called Jaggy; stay in your EK ivory tower. I hope you get bloody well snowed in all winter!!!!

This is the thing I hate when this subject reappears. Fans questioning other fans support to the Club just because they have second thoughts on attending on a Saturday. It's petty and pathetic.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, that's it. I've had enough of this. It is exactly this type of negative drivel that is killing Thistle. Well stay away then Mr so-called Jaggy; stay in your EK ivory tower. I hope you get bloody well snowed in all winter!!!!

I'll tell what, I challenge you turn up in the Aitken Suite at the next Thistle home game and repeat your negative bile to my face. Aye, not feeling so big now are you Mr Jaggy.

Oh, and another thing, the weather here is absolutely wonderful. Will be sitting out in the Dolphin Club tomorrow and Thursday night drinking ice cold beer, watching the sun disappear over the mountains. Missing it? And finally in addition to Firhill on the 13th, you will be at the Stirling cup game, no excuses entertained. Keep the faith!

you watch out for the camel spiders,!!

I'll tell what, I challenge you turn up in the Aitken Suite at the next Thistle home game and repeat your negative bile to my face. Aye, not feeling so big now are you Mr Jaggy.

Oh, and another thing, the weather here is absolutely wonderful. Will be sitting out in the Dolphin Club tomorrow and Thursday night drinking ice cold beer, watching the sun disappear over the mountains. Missing it? And finally in addition to Firhill on the 13th, you will be at the Stirling cup game, no excuses entertained. Keep the faith!

see the trouble you've caused now!!! ok you're on for the 13th, but I'll still tell you the football's pish :(

I think that the attendances are purely down to financial constraints placed on everyone by the current climate. Even 'successful' teams are suffering from poor attendances. In my opinion, saying 'the team/stadium/atmosphere/board/current league setup is pish' is just a more acceptable thing to say than 'i've not got enough money' and you'll probably get somebody who agrees with you. I'm not saying you wouldn't notice ANY change in attendance should any of the above change, just that if it is not coupled with people having more disposable income, it wont be a significant change.

I have sat through some crap, but I always stay for the 90, and from the minute the full time whistle goes, i'm looking forward to the next match. I love Thistle, I love watching them, reading/posting inane sh*te on furums dedicated to them and am gutted in May and June when they aren't playing. I'm not claiming to be better or more dedicated than anyone else but the only thing that could stop me going to see Thistle would be money.

I think the cold hard truth is that people are just not committed Jags fans and I make no apologies for that comment. Thistle is my life, win or lose, I've been at every match, home and away, over the past 3 seasons. I've said it once and I'll say it again, my love for The Jags is UNCONDITIONAL!

C'MON THE JAGS!

I think the cold hard truth is that people are just not committed Jags fans and I make no apologies for that comment. Thistle is my life, win or lose, I've been at every match, home and away, over the past 3 seasons. I've said it once and I'll say it again, my love for The Jags is UNCONDITIONAL!

C'MON THE JAGS!

Total respect to you.

You're right, we have a hell of a lot of part-time fans, who if push came to shove, wouldn't actually be all that upset if "the worst came to the worst". Some of them would gloat and say "I told you so, they didn't do what I suggested", while failing/refusing to see that their non-attendance and non/support for the club (due to the simple lure of alternative forms of entertainment, though they'd deny it) was the cause.

Wish it was that simple.

Once household bills are paid, fuel for car sorted for the month, finances paid to ex wife, finances paid to current wife, finances paid for kid with ex wife, finances paid for kid with current wife, small contribution made to credit card, car loan paid, money put aside to take wife out (current one not the ex !!!) then................OH BUGGER I'M WORSE OFF THAN DUNDEE !!!!!

Simple, don't take the wife out or take her to Firhill.

C'MON THE JAGS!

The old "i'm a better fan than you" argument and not a mention of being a season ticket holder

There are many reasons but one of the biggest must be football overload, theres football on the telly 7 days a week with at least 2 or 3 games on every day.... you cant go into a pub without it being on. Folk are getting sick of waatching it, the novelty of watching a game whether at a ground or live on the telly has gone. Attendancess are down in every country in europe, you can buy a ticket for old trafford on the day with the exceptions of the big games, the in-firm don't sell out. The attendances over here are going down year on year as there is so much on the goggle-box both norwegian and english (we have every yes every premiership game on live here( you go into a pub to watch it and folk arent that interested in it even the ex-pats, its like background music these days. Bring the games back to saturday at 3 with 1 live game a month on a sunday at 3 and folk will slowly come back as theey will start to miss it instaed of it getting rammed down there throats

There are many reasons but one of the biggest must be football overload, theres football on the telly 7 days a week with at least 2 or 3 games on every day.... you cant go into a pub without it being on. Folk are getting sick of waatching it, the novelty of watching a game whether at a ground or live on the telly has gone. Attendancess are down in every country in europe, you can buy a ticket for old trafford on the day with the exceptions of the big games, the in-firm don't sell out. The attendances over here are going down year on year as there is so much on the goggle-box both norwegian and english (we have every yes every premiership game on live here( you go into a pub to watch it and folk arent that interested in it even the ex-pats, its like background music these days. Bring the games back to saturday at 3 with 1 live game a month on a sunday at 3 and folk will slowly come back as theey will start to miss it instaed of it getting rammed down there throats

Seconded.

Imagine you were a neutral and just wanted to watch a game of footballl---why would you pay £17 to watch the Jags against Cowden when you can sit in the pub and watch much better games for free?

Well' date=' if that's what somebody chose to do regularly without giving any other kind of financial support to the Jags, I would call that person a pub/alcohol/tv supporter, not a Jags supporter.

[/quote']

Read the first half of the sentence.

Turning neutrals into fans has to be an objective, right? So what incentive is there for neutrals to come to Firhill?

Edited by Uncle Psychosis

It is true there is far too much TV on the telly, half the time I don't bother with "Super Sunday" on Sky Sports now apart from the big games or ones that I'm interest in. Thankfully 2 games I'm interested in (Cardiff and Arsenal) and a big game (Liverpool v Chelsea) are on tomorrow so that should be good but orindarily I don't care unless I have the team on my coupon.

I must admit as I sit here doing overtime I kind of regret not going to the game today. But thats because I know we would be on the train leaving Queen Street in 8 minutes and I'd be able to spark a Strongbow instead of sitting here.

Turning neutrals into fans has to be an objective, right? So what incentive is there for neutrals to come to Firhill?

Well they can bring their kids along for free, and their kids' pals. Apart from that I do agree but thought that was worth saying.

Another thing that I keep hearing is about watching TV football in the pub. That itself is more or less dying out. Pubs are struggling, closing for good all over the country, and many of the ones that remain are doing away with TV packages. Again tho' TV football is and has had a drastic effect on attendances. Not just for watching in comfort but probably more for the quality, goal replays, analysis etc. I suppose it would be very difficult for a neutral to adjust to watching a game at Firhill or anyplace for that matter.

Read the first half of the sentence.

I don't think anybody anywhere knows how to do this effectively; that's why crowds everywhere are declining.

Crowds of 2,000+, 3,000+ and 4,000+ at three SPL games yesterday; not fantastic. "Only" 46,000 at Porkheid to see the tims go top of the league; a year or two ago that would surely have been 60,000, although I recognize that giros don't go as far as they used to these days.

C'MON THE JAGS!

3 (three) wow! now that's impressive!

I think you are missing the point, you have got guys who are questioning their faith to the cause who have been following the Thistle for 40 years!

just counted back....maybe 45 years

Edited by Ma Ba'

3 (three) wow! now that's impressive!

I think you are missing the point, you have got guys who are questioning their faith to the cause who have been following the Thistle for 40 years!

just counted back....maybe 45 years

Then I'd say your heart was never really in it.

:P

Edited by Jaggernaut

That's it in a nutshell. I love football and used to watch any I could. Now I rarely switch the telly on for it as I'm sick to the back teeth of the game. TV has a lot to answer for.

I think that trying to get more money out of the fans that turn up at Firhill is only going to raise so much money - the real money is to be gained in trying to get back the fans that have lapsed. I was thinking about this and how many of you know who Rangers or Celtic are playing next Saturday?(don't look it up). I don't know, but thats because I don't care. How many of our lapsed fans could say who we were playing next Saturday? Would they even bother looking to find out? If we don't advertise, we don't make people aware of our product. I know this can be costly so ...

I have seen empty shop fronts been taken over 'professionally' to be used for advertising while the shop is empty. In todays climate, what would be the chances of PTFC persuading any empty shop owners to donate their window space for advertising in return for say, two matchday tickets? There must be tons of empty shops in our catchment area. The club recently produced the 'What keeps us coming back' poster that could just be changed to display the next fixture, along with something declaring that the Jags can be seen 'live and in glorious 3D!'. Or something. Anyway in my head it could work.

And the cranks who come on here spouting their venom with their FTOF agenda arent exactly encouraging possible paying customers of all sorts to give any support to the PTFC cause.

Well done guys!

I agree. We should have people selling King Billy flags and flutes outside the Jackie Husband on Saturday and a group of fans holding up banners making it clear that we don't want "BLOOSTAINED POPPYS ON OUR BELOVED HOOPS". That way, we're sure to have thousands of knuckle-dragging bigots from both sides of the divide flocking to Firhill.

Get real Dr D. You're clearly raging at the giro jibe aimed at Celtic fans. Do us all a favour and go back to the sellick forum and stay there.

I agree. We should have people selling King Billy flags and flutes outside the Jackie Husband on Saturday and a group of fans holding up banners making it clear that we don't want "BLOOSTAINED POPPYS ON OUR BELOVED HOOPS". That way, we're sure to have thousands of knuckle-dragging bigots from both sides of the divide flocking to Firhill.

Get real Dr D. You're clearly raging at the giro jibe aimed at Celtic fans. Do us all a favour and go back to the sellick forum and stay there.

Think you have DrD and MrD mixed up ;)

all this attention of tom stronach is making me :blush:

i've never had to deal with this kind of adulation. I spose i really should put some effort in for my fans...

don't worry tom, ill be done my essay soon and you can hear some more on my thoughts on this issue.

Edited by mrD