Bill Shankly Photo

kni

I am looking for a picture of Bill Shankly in a Thistle jersey when he played for us between 1929 and 1932. Can anyone help as I can't find one on the internet.

Shankly only played for Thistle briefly during the Second World War. Not sure where you would have picked up the 1929-1932 period from. He only made his senior debut for Carlisle at the end of 1932 (or so Wikipedia tells me).

I've never seen any pictures of him in Thistle colours, and suspect it's less rather than more likely that such a document of his time exists

Edited to add - I see that Wikipedia itself has this info in it's summary information. It's clearly bollocks if you check against the text.

Edited by Allan Heron

Just flicked through the book; couldn't see the photo. But just discovered that there's one torn-out picture in the book.....grrrr.

And a great plan of what the Board at that time had dreamed up to save the Club. Stadium redevelopment is such old hat at Firhill.

I remember telling my Granda about Jim Oliver's plans. His reply, get used to it, we come out with a new plan for the stadium every couple of years.

He never lived to see the last 2 we've had. :(

Many thanks for the info and offers. My wife and in-laws are huge Liverpool fans. Her aunt worked at Anfield during the glory years. Her sister even dated Souness when he played for the club. They will be surprised to see the legendary Shanks in a Jags team.

Many thanks for the info and offers. My wife and in-laws are huge Liverpool fans. Her aunt worked at Anfield during the glory years. Her sister even dated Souness when he played for the club. They will be surprised to see the legendary Shanks in a Jags team.

Am I just imagining that this picture was in the exhibition in the Art Galleries the other year? Or maybe it was the special exhibit at the museum at Hampden. I think maybe the latter.

Edited by Wirral for Thrills

• 2 weeks later...