Ex-Jags At Tranmere

Wirral for Thrills

I knew Sam Morrow had been at Thistle for a few games, but only stumbled across this ghost of a Lucas Akins page on the official Thistle site tonight.

Currently Morrow seems to be a subliminally present bench warming crock, while the Tranmere incarnation of Akins shows signs of life as a energetic sub, but not much end product. Can I expect more of the same?

• Members

I knew Sam Morrow had been at Thistle for a few games, but only stumbled across this ghost of a Lucas Akins page on the official Thistle site tonight.

Currently Morrow seems to be a subliminally present bench warming crock, while the Tranmere incarnation of Akins shows signs of life as a energetic sub, but not much end product. Can I expect more of the same?

Yes on both counts! :)

a couple of goal machines :lol:

Lucas Akins isn't a footballer. He was and still is, honestly, and with no exaggeration, the worst person I've see play for thistle. This is in a team that wasn't too bad, either. He literally could barely kick the ball and run at the same time without falling over. Awful.

Sorry.

Edited by PaleGreySky

Thanks folks. Glad to know my eye for a player is as unerring as ever. wall.gif

By the way, down here I'm "benefitting" from Radio Merseyside's season long adoption of Partick Thistle as their "other" team for the season, so anytime I need patronising and ignorant drivel I know just where to tune in...

Thanks folks. Glad to know my eye for a player is as unerring as ever. wall.gif

By the way, down here I'm "benefitting" from Radio Merseyside's season long adoption of Partick Thistle as their "other" team for the season, so anytime I need patronising and ignorant drivel I know just where to tune in...

Watcha, Wirral. You guys still sing "Oh Birkenhead is wonderful"? I Followed Tranmere in season 90-91 when I was living in Liverpool. Good days...

And good luck for the rest of the season. You might need it with those duds!

Watcha, Wirral. You guys still sing "Oh Birkenhead is wonderful"? I Followed Tranmere in season 90-91 when I was living in Liverpool. Good days...

And good luck for the rest of the season. You might need it with those duds!

Too true. There's not been much to sing about at Prenton Park for the last few years unfortunately. Mind you I always liked the one that began "Don't be mistaken and don't be misled, we are not Scousers we're from Birkenhead..." - echoes of "We hate the boys in royal blue, we hate the boys in emerald green" .

The pair of them were pish. No idea how they are playing for a club at a higher level when they have struggled below that standard.

Higher standard ?

Found there level imho !

Bring back the anglo Scottish cup lol

On the subject of relative levels, I think I can cast a reasonably unprejudiced eye, and without dissing my ever beloved Jags for a moment I'd say that in the long run Tranmere would win more often than lose - but an Anglo-Scottish Cup tie would always be interesting. They (players in general) are just that bit bigger, faster and fitter down here. However it's not exactly a vintage crop in either case at the moment.

I'm sorry Wirral for Thrills, but I actually "lol-d" when I read who you have signed.

That's alright, I LOL-d reading several of the answers! They amply backed up my own suspicions.

Lastly, if any of that had you checking the FA Cup 1st round today, you may have seen that Bournemouth led TRFC 3-0 after SEVEN minutes today, before Rovers pegged them back to 3-3 (no, neither Morrow or Akins scored!) and ultimately succumbed 5-3. Remarkably this was all done and dusted just after the first hour of the game, leaving a fairly uneventful final third. Just another day in the life of the "Super"whites.

P.S. Another result frittered away at Dam'dee. :(

Edited by Wirral for Thrills

Higher standard ?

Found there level imho !

Bring back the anglo Scottish cup lol

If you think the Scottish 1st division is of a higher standard than League 1, then I think you should go see a doctor. Bigger teams, with much larger financial clout to field significantly stronger teams.

Did they ever run an interview with, ahem, me?

Sorry for the slow reply TH, I just noticed this.

Em, they might well have done but it would be easy to miss if they did. The Thistle slot is supposed to feature on their Tuesday night programme Total Football, but the veteran presenter Alan Jackson is a bit absent minded and meandering to put it mildly - typically he prefaces phone in callers points by telling them (at length) how little time they have and how they should get on with it, before pressing the wrong button and deciding he's going to take the travel news instead since he's just brought in the reporter.

Last Tuesday he was preoccupied with the impending kick off of the Carlisle v Rover match commentary, and although at the very beginning he definitely said they were going to be talking to somebody from Thistle, as far as I heard he never actually did. Admittedly I was listening to this in the shower after my own Tuesday night game, so I might have had water in my ears, but I don't think so.

The iplayer recording is still live for another 24 hours I guess. It's great comedy if nothing else. At one point he peters out mid-sentence and says, "Ooh, I'm getting a headache."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p00bsz8g/Merseyside_Sport_02_11_2010/

Sorry for the slow reply TH, I just noticed this.

Em, they might well have done but it would be easy to miss if they did. The Thistle slot is supposed to feature on their Tuesday night programme Total Football, but the veteran presenter Alan Jackson is a bit absent minded and meandering to put it mildly - typically he prefaces phone in callers points by telling them (at length) how little time they have and how they should get on with it, before pressing the wrong button and deciding he's going to take the travel news instead since he's just brought in the reporter.

Last Tuesday he was preoccupied with the impending kick off of the Carlisle v Rover match commentary, and although at the very beginning he definitely said they were going to be talking to somebody from Thistle, as far as I heard he never actually did. Admittedly I was listening to this in the shower after my own Tuesday night game, so I might have had water in my ears, but I don't think so.

The iplayer recording is still live for another 24 hours I guess. It's great comedy if nothing else. At one point he peters out mid-sentence and says, "Ooh, I'm getting a headache."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p00bsz8g/Merseyside_Sport_02_11_2010/

Supposed to be on tonight. Reckon I'll get bumped for the fourth week in a row. And a good thing too. :-)

Lucas Akins isn't a footballer. He was and still is, honestly, and with no exaggeration, the worst person I've see play for thistle. This is in a team that wasn't too bad, either. He literally could barely kick the ball and run at the same time without falling over. Awful.

Sorry.

I'll meet you almost half-way on that one mate but do you ever remember when Lambie signed (maybe he was only a trialist) someone called Mark Hughes? He wasn't "The" Mark Hughes obviously but we were promised a player of size bulk and stature who had a natural eye for goal. My endearing memory was of him being stretchered off during a pre-season friendly with Pollok - concussed and didn't know where the f*** he was! Never did see him in a Thistle jersey and not day goes by without me wondering what he might have done for the Thistle cause. Okay, I made that last bit up; but he was pretty poor.

To be honest, this could be a thread in itself - worst Thistle player of all time etc.

With apologies if this slightly off-topic!!

Edited by Meister Jag

Both of those players are utter garbage, does Superstar Sam still have his gleaming white boots?

I can't believe 2 players as guff as that are at a club like Tranmere.

Sam is sporting a fetching shade of electric blue Nikes this season.

But never mind that, keep your eyes on Dale Jennings - only 17 and a star in the making. Fast as lightning on the left wing, an eye for a pass, and scoring brilliant goals at will. You heard it here first.