Why Is Firhill Not For Thrills?

So..... what's stopping you? A drop in the ocean to a man of your wealth. Go on be the Thistle sugar daddy.... whooohooo Europe here we come.

What's your business? Diplomacy? :P

I will wait and see what Beattie & Co offer in the rumoured share issue. I have yet meet a successful businessman (i.e. not a lawyer, accountant, banker) who is diplomatic. Most call a spade a fecking shovel!

Edited by kni

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually read Northernsoul's comments with a tear in my eye as it had me remembering what it used to be like at Firhill in the 70s, 80s and even for part of the 90s. I also agree totally with all that's been said but wonder if what's really happened is that a lot of old fans have left the scene because of age, infirmity and, well, death - with no young team coming in behind them to take their place.

Without launching into a 'when I was a lad' type rant, we used to meet up as a group of roughly 20 or so mates (to include a couple of fathers and other mates in their 60s) and knew where to meet each week in the Shed. But as the years have passed some of the old ones have dropped off and even some of the aforementioned mates have couped. All of which takes me full circle to my earlier point that we aren't attracting youngsters...and I know what can be more attractive than a free game of fitba; but come on, maybe what's on offer isn't exactly attractive! Maybe if the product on the pitch was more attractive then attendances would rise. Look at the crowds we were getting just before we gained promotion back into the SPL. All of which seems like decades ago.

But as they say in Northern Soul circles: Keep the Faith!

Back in the day, you had the "safe-zone" of the main stand when you were a wee kid and had to be kept away from all the so called nonsense, you prrogressed down to the enclosure to learn sweary words from Bertie in the dug-out and you could talk to the players coming out for there warm up, from there when you got a bit braver it was onto behind the goals, the start of the shed, the middle then right up to the fence in your teenage years. We had the family zones and the noisy zones in they days. You could find an area that suited you and your familys needs at every game without having to be told where you can swear where you cant, etc etc. The game and the experience has became way too sterilised and disciplined- you have a kid you sit here, you want to sing you go here etc etc

In a nutshell! :thumbsup2: