Take That Dilemma

thornwoodjag

Is it ok now to go to their concerts.speaking as a male who found them annoying the first time round,would it b acceptable to go with the wife to see them.or would i be shunned by the male population?

Don't know if this will help but I watched in amazement as a colleague at work bagged two £90 briefs for their concert - £180 + booking fee. Apparently he couldn't get standing tickets at £60 a pop. Problem is, the wee sh**e used to go to Firhill and now complains that it's too expensive. But whatever floats yir boat; maybes his bird will be nice to him ;) .

Have to come clean though and say that I had a similar experience when I first met the wife and was dragged along to see Abba at the old Apollo. In truth, I actually really enjoyed it - the blonde one blew me a kiss (not the guy with the beard). Even if I did stand out like a spare pr*** with my best Mod gear on. However, I did draw the line at going to see David Soul (of Starsky and Hutch fame for our younger DG'ers)who was playing across the way at the Pavillion; and the offer of going to see Dean Friedman, I recall, coincided with a first class attack of the skits. I mean, a guy has to maintain some dignity.

But good to see the boys back together and bringing joy to mankind whilst making a mint! RESPECT!!

Is it ok now to go to their concerts.speaking as a male who found them annoying the first time round,would it b acceptable to go with the wife to see them.or would i be shunned by the male population?

Bang out of order, only chicken-livered woosies would do this for a burd. I thought they went in packs, or hordes, anyway. Stay out the doghoose by offering them a lift home. From Shawlands!

Don't do it! Whatever, if anything, your good lady has promised you in return. It won't be enough to compensate for a night of visual and aural nausea-inflicting torture. If she somehow forces you to go insist on dragging her to the

gig ob the 16th December!

Only the weediest, wimpiest ladyboy would go to that concert. For Gawd's sake grow a pair.

Perhaps a wee bit harsh on TJ. I've got this, cough, mate who went with his missus to a Ronan Keating concert earlier this year. Now that deserves abuse.

It was a shite concert too.

Edited to add - I should've put 'apparently' at the beginning of the last sentence. Honest.

Edited by Blackpool Jags

sorry mate but bloke at take that (or any other bollox like that) = closet gay

... or bloke going to take that to keep the missus company = total thumb-print on the forehead phudd :thumbsup2:

let me clarify my situation.i am not actually going to the concert (wouldn't pay the money).i just wanted to see what the general response would be.(pretty harsh some of them)gianlucatoni! I can assure you nothing wrong with my sexuality or my forehead.my next gig for anyone interested is the mighty JAMES at the SECC in december,always a good night.

let me clarify my situation.i am not actually going to the concert (wouldn't pay the money).i just wanted to see what the general response would be.(pretty harsh some of them)gianlucatoni! I can assure you nothing wrong with my sexuality or my forehead.my next gig for anyone interested is the mighty JAMES at the SECC in december,always a good night.

JAMES LAST OR JAMES BLUNT??????????????????????????

LMFAOOOOOO

You asked - I gave you an answer.

Where many would wince I gave it to you straight - and as for the "mighty James" fkin please eh?! ... mighty as referring to the Clash or the Stone Roses or Pink Floyd but they weren't even the cream of the current crop at the time - for example Carter USM and the EMF (electro-mother-f******) were much higher up the mighty credibility league than those pimp sit-down muppets.

Hope you enjoy your day oot with the missus seeing the camp mancs. :thumbsup2:

You asked - I gave you an answer.

Where many would wince I gave it to you straight - and as for the "mighty James" fkin please eh?! ... mighty as referring to the Clash or the Stone Roses or Pink Floyd but they weren't even the cream of the current crop at the time - for example Carter USM and the EMF (electro-mother-f******) were much higher up the mighty credibility league than those pimp sit-down muppets.

Hope you enjoy your day oot with the missus seeing the camp mancs. :thumbsup2:

carter usm? u are kidding right.?thats unbelievable(see what i did there) the missus isn't coming to this one.she's not a big fan.

carter usm? u are kidding right.?thats unbelievable(see what i did there) the missus isn't coming to this one.she's not a big fan.

aye very droll :thumbsup2:

don't know why she won't go cos James and take that are cut from the very same cloth - MANC LITE - but maybe if you go to the boyband gig you'll get laid (see wot I did there?!) ;)

• 4 weeks later...

I've got a gig dilemma of my own: Status Quo are playing at the nearby Lytham Proms on Friday 5th August next year and Katherine Jenkins :wub: headlines the following night. I can't really stand Quo and my missus isn't overly impressed with KJ (I wonder why).

She wants to go to the Status Quo gig but wants me to go with her, but if I go to the KJ event, she'll still want to tag along with me. I really want to be left alone on the Saturday to have a good perv enjoy the mezzo soprano at her best.

A further complication is that the robbing promoters are charging a £5 booking fee even if you go to the ticket office in person and book it yourself! :mad2: This has made me feel like giving the whole thing a body swerve. I'm confused - what should I do?

I've got a gig dilemma of my own: Status Quo are playing at the nearby Lytham Proms on Friday 5th August next year and Katherine Jenkins :wub: headlines the following night. I can't really stand Quo and my missus isn't overly impressed with KJ (I wonder why).

She wants to go to the Status Quo gig but wants me to go with her, but if I go to the KJ event, she'll still want to tag along with me. I really want to be left alone on the Saturday to have a good perv enjoy the mezzo soprano at her best.

A further complication is that the robbing promoters are charging a £5 booking fee even if you go to the ticket office in person and book it yourself! :mad2: This has made me feel like giving the whole thing a body swerve. I'm confused - what should I do?

Jags will be playing on Saturday 6th - so say you have been invited to a big Jags bash or birthday party or even works conference in Glasgow on the Friday night, and then some other can't-get-out-of type event in Glasgow on the Saturday night you must attend - sneak back into Blackpool on the saturday night (after attending the Thistle game of course) in disguise and perv over see your soprano diva on your tod, raincoat would be handy.

As for Booking fee, ask them if tissues are included.

Edited by yoda-jag

Jags will be playing on Saturday 6th - so say you have been invited to a big Jags bash or birthday party or even works conference in Glasgow on the Friday night, and then some other can't-get-out-of type event in Glasgow on the Saturday night you must attend - sneak back into Blackpool on the saturday night (after attending the Thistle game of course) in disguise and perv over see your soprano diva on your tod, raincoat would be handy.

As for Booking fee, ask them if tissues are included.

Sterling advice, YJ, which I may well follow. :thumbsup2: