Name The Players Please

beep0608

Alex Rae, Ronnie Glavin, Andy Roxburgh, but who are the other two? I could probably get the guy in the blue, if I worked at it, I may have that pic somewhere, but who is that beside (I assume) Dixie Deans? He's vaguely familiar...

http://www.toffs.com/icat/partickthistle/

70's is Nobby Clark

Edited by stuthejag

John Flanagan was a great wee player, one of my boyhood heros. Tommy Rae once told me that Flanagan was the most talented player that he'd ever played alongside. Here's a great photo of him (the other player is Rae) in a short-lived Thistle strip that I'd love to see revived:

http://ptfc.fotopic.net/p5814655.html

Wow. I don't remember seeing that one before. What colours were they, and when did they play in that?

Wow. I don't remember seeing that one before. What colours were they, and when did they play in that?

It only got used for a handful of games in the mid/late 60s. White, with a broad yellow band sandwiched between two thinner red ones. Black trimmings. Red shorts, white socks with top red and yellow bands. It was really a cracking outfit.

Edited by Jaggernaut

Thanks. I vaguely remember him, but only vaguely. I should check his record in the Jags centenary book.

Nobby Clark was one of my "reserve heros"; a decent enough central defender who eventually came good enough to make 154 appearances for the first team. Other heros from the time I used to watch the reserves were Sandy Caddell and Charlie West.

Edited by Jaggernaut

Nobby Clark was one of my "reserve heros"; a decent enough central defender who eventually came good enough to make 154 appearances for the first team. Other heros from the time I used to watch the reserves were Sandy Caddell and Charlie West.

I liked Nobby but I'm surprised he made so many appearances. I guess it was mainly between Hugh Strachan & Andy Anderson times as Jackie Campbell was almost always in the team. I seem to remember a song we sang at the time about 'Nobby Clark & Ronnie Glavin' but can't remember anything else about it, can anybody else remember it?

Edited by jaggy