Fund Raising Brainstorming Thread

Jaggernaut

A Stirling Albion fan told me that they allow any student with a full-time student card free entry into one match per season. I'd guess the name and student number would need to be recorded to avoid abuse, but it seems like a decent enough idea. Maybe it could be tied to the freebie student turning up with one paying customer?

Those who were at Starks Park and who bought a programme will be able to say if Raith Rovers still run their goal sponsorship scheme. I forget the details, but it's something like give a quid for every goal scored. I'd be more than happy to do that for every game that we won. Once again, best if the club offers some kind of lucky draw for subscribers, for hospitality, vouchers or something.

Another idea: a 50/50 scorer sweepstake, like the ones they (used to?) run on supporters' buses. Pay a quid and draw one of the 20 outfield players at random. If he (or she) scores, you get 50% of the total takings, the other 50% going to the club. Clearly this would be oversubscribed on the day, so simply have several sets of players prepared in advance and when the first set is exhausted, move onto the second set and so on. There would be multiple winners depending on how many people bought a ticket/how many sets were sold, so the total prize money would simply be divided by the number of sets sold. I'd probably stick a quid on that each week.

Those who were at Starks Park and who bought a programme will be able to say if Raith Rovers still run their goal sponsorship scheme. I forget the details, but it's something like give a quid for every goal scored. I'd be more than happy to do that for every game that we won. Once again, best if the club offers some kind of lucky draw for subscribers, for hospitality, vouchers or something.

Another idea: a 50/50 scorer sweepstake, like the ones they (used to?) run on supporters' buses. Pay a quid and draw one of the 20 outfield players at random. If he (or she) scores, you get 50% of the total takings, the other 50% going to the club. Clearly this would be oversubscribed on the day, so simply have several sets of players prepared in advance and when the first set is exhausted, move onto the second set and so on. There would be multiple winners depending on how many people bought a ticket/how many sets were sold, so the total prize money would simply be divided by the number of sets sold. I'd probably stick a quid on that each week.

As I recall the scheme is called PAYE (Pay As You Enjoy) and it is when fans agree to pay a certain amount per league goal scored during the season. There are variations within it, eg pay for hat tricks, clean sheets and different amounts on different players say £1 each for Doolan goals and £5 for Rowson goals.

I do know that PTFC are aware of this scheme as was included in a lenghty list of suggestions that I passed to David Beattie at the informal meeting several weeks ago and I received positive feedback from David shortly afterwards and he said that some of the things in the list would be taken to the marketing group.

As I recall the scheme is called PAYE (Pay As You Enjoy) and it is when fans agree to pay a certain amount per league goal scored during the season. There are variations within it, eg pay for hat tricks, clean sheets and different amounts on different players say £1 each for Doolan goals and £5 for Rowson goals.

I do know that PTFC are aware of this scheme as was included in a lenghty list of suggestions that I passed to David Beattie at the informal meeting several weeks ago and I received positive feedback from David shortly afterwards and he said that some of the things in the list would be taken to the marketing group.

Thanks for that information. Sounds encouraging.

Great, another way to "squander" money on the Jags.

:blink:

Hmm, you don't come across the verb "to squander" much these days....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anyone ever know whether this 'marketing group' ever came to fruition or whether it was merely a fictious name made up to disguise the fact that the group will consist of Coco, TH and the same old faces sitting round a table lobbing ideas into the infamous Firhill Ideas Drawer?

We could bet on who's likely to lob each idea into the drawer first! Money to be made there, surely.

• 3 weeks later...

Should try and freshen up hospitality

Cowdenbeath do a couple of different things that we could quite easily do:

http://www.cowdenbeathfc.com/index.php?act=viewCommerce&docId=4

We could have a "legends" day and get the hall of famers etc along at a cost that is reasonable - like yesterdays £40/£20 kids. A legend at each table? or a couple of them up to tell some stories?

Or a curry day in conjunction with a local indian restaurant?

Just need some new ideas to keep the product different from normal hospitality and that might encourage those that have been before back for something different.

Yes I think there could be a market here for that type of hospitality especially if it was sold through Groupon for example at the right price. It has potential to raise money for the club and bring in new support.

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed seeing Birmingham's "Apprentice"-style competition for groups of school children, featured on last night's MotD programme. Schoolkids came to the ground and worked in teams to come up with ideas about how to get more people to come and see the team. There was a panel, including a player, who assessed each project, asked the children questions etc. All very supportive of the children and got them thinking, so probably a good "educational" day out for the children, and maybe even some good ideas for the club to work on too. All in all, even if not a real fundraiser, an excellent community exercise.