Buckie Thistle Maybe Still In The Cup

jaggybunnet

i think i remember this with Dungfermlan last year?

SFA have phoned buckie thistle to say that East Stirling played an ineligible player (Goalkeeper) in the cup whos loan finished on the 04 jan 11, they said that they had posted :blink: the application but SFA say it never arrived.

the above is confirmed but could some one confirm if ES would get kicked out for this please.

the hearing is on thursday.

i think i remember this with Dungfermlan last year?

SFA have phoned buckie thistle to say that East Stirling played an ineligible player (Goalkeeper) in the cup whos loan finished on the 04 jan 11, they said that they had posted :blink: the application but SFA say it never arrived.

the above is confirmed but could some one confirm if ES would get kicked out for this please.

the hearing is on thursday.

sounds like a replay will b the outcome here

Stuff your precedent. The SFA have tightened the rules. East Stirlingshire would be thrown out. BBC Report

So, East Stirlingshire shoved the registration documents in a pillar box 4 days before Christmas when there was a big freeze/transport chaos/mail backlog and just thought everything would be OK?? :lol:

Assuming this guy was central to their immediate plans and not just a back up keeper who they had to use at the last minute then they deserve to be thrown out of the cup for their stupidity.

Surely if the forms have now arrived at Hampden, they will be dated to show exactly when they were posted and therefore the chap was played in good faith?

Or is that sort of common sense now completely invisible at SFA HQ?

or they could have faxed a copy as well stating that the origianals were in the post but lets just blame the SFA