East Kilbride Thistle

Gimp

my grandad is an east kilbride thistle fan and his team are gonna go out of business unless people *** c them. c if ptfc arent at home? come over see east kilbride play. get the train then u can c the ground from there. they're pushin for promotion, they will get promoted, but because of the frozin pitches etc they are strugglin for money. its a 5er to get in. come see it.u wont be disappointed. better than giving money to other teams away from home. why give them money? u're just giving them money to buy players to beat us with next season. give money to east kilbride help for the push to the premier!

its two gangsters, kerrs or something they are paying for a plastic pitch. up north. we'll believe it when we see it. east kilbride thistles pitch is in the bottom of the brae and they have to work pumps to get games on. sorry its who my grandas team so is. i'll support ek on your back

Mercy! What happened to the grand scheme to get an EK team into the SFL? Any idea, Gimp?

This has nothing to do with East Kilbride Thistle. Two local businessmen (the Kean brothers) along with sports journalist Ian King, have created a new club - East Kilbride Football Club. They have teams at all age groups and they have recently been given planning permission to build new training facilites at Calderglen Country Park. Their ultimate aim is to have a professional team in the SFL within a few years. Ian King was quoted as saying he believes it could be as soon as the next three years.

The whole thing stinks to me, but only time will tell I suppose.

its two gangsters, kerrs or something they are paying for a plastic pitch. up north. we'll believe it when we see it. east kilbride thistles pitch is in the bottom of the brae and they have to work pumps to get games on. sorry its who my grandas team so is. i'll support ek on your back

It's actually the Kean brothers. They are some kind of construction company. They have nothing to do with EK Thistle, they are the ones backing the new East Kilbride club. Shame to see the wee Jags go under.

This has nothing to do with East Kilbride Thistle. Two local businessmen (the Kean brothers) along with sports journalist Ian King, have created a new club - East Kilbride Football Club. They have teams at all age groups and they have recently been given planning permission to build new training facilites at Calderglen Country Park. Their ultimate aim is to have a professional team in the SFL within a few years. Ian King was quoted as saying he believes it could be as soon as the next three years.

The whole thing stinks to me, but only time will tell I suppose.

yes and they said they wid build up show park but need control of easkilbride nthistle and ek thistle said no so they are going to build a new park up the top of the hill.they wanted automony a\nd they didnt allow it

Personally, I'm glad EK Thistle told them where to go. EK Thistle live within their means and don't have ideas above their station.

I don't think Scottish football really needs another ridiculous Livingston or Gretna type club. East Kilbride may be the largest town in Scotland without a senior football club, but like most other towns nearby, the place is infested with Old Firm supporting scumbags. Most of whom, have never been to a game in their life. What makes people think they would suddenly start paying to see a new team?

I also believe that the Kean's and especially Ian King, are purely in it for personal gain. Anyone who has lived in East Kilbride recently must know that the aforementioned gentlemen crave publicity. King in particular is always shouting his mouth off in the papers, dismissing the achievements and history of established and well respected Scottish clubs. He's living in a fantasy world if he honestly believes that this new club would offer much to Scottish Football in the grand scheme of things.

This new club is bad news for East Kilbride and Scottish Football in my opinion. Sadly, with the local councilors rapped around the fingers of the Kean brothers, I can only see this club going from strength to strength. I fear for the future of East Kilbride Thistle.

Personally, I'm glad EK Thistle told them where to go. EK Thistle live within their means and don't have ideas above their station.

I don't think Scottish football really needs another ridiculous Livingston or Gretna type club. East Kilbride may be the largest town in Scotland without a senior football club, but like most other towns nearby, the place is infested with Old Firm supporting scumbags. Most of whom, have never been to a game in their life. What makes people think they would suddenly start paying to see a new team?

I also believe that the Kean's and especially Ian King, are purely in it for personal gain. Anyone who has lived in East Kilbride recently must know that the aforementioned gentlemen crave publicity. King in particular is always shouting his mouth off in the papers, dismissing the achievements and history of established and well respected Scottish clubs. He's living in a fantasy world if he honestly believes that this new club would offer much to Scottish Football in the grand scheme of things.

This new club is bad news for East Kilbride and Scottish Football in my opinion. Sadly, with the local councilors rapped around the fingers of the Kean brothers, I can only see this club going from strength to strength. I fear for the future of East Kilbride Thistle.

i agree with everything u said, have to add that hartson is their honorary tresurer. lol fat baldy welsh ****. IF that inbred welsh **** could stop ****** his sister long enough to realize they ship he is on is gonna sink. theres only space for one team in ek and i hope thistle are that

Edited by Gimp

i agree with everything u said, have to add that hartson is their honorary tresurer. lol fat baldy welsh ****. IF that inbred welsh **** could stop ****** his sister long enough to realize they ship he is on is gonna sink. theres only space for one team in ek and i hope thistle are that

wow!! stunning insight there mate....and hes not treasurer hes honorary president

Watch your language pal! Ma wee brother is a Rangers supporter livin' in East Kilbride - and I'm the only one who can call him a scumbag.

I want to get the shirts of East Kilbride Thistle and Buckie Thistle. Is that possible?

Yeuch!!! They wear totally Tim kits.

I think that the SFL should be enlarged to 48 teams (16 teams*3 Divisions). And the relegation from the SFL should also be introduced.

Many good teams, like Cove Rangers, Buckie Thistle, Spartan, Edinburgh City, East Kilbride Thistle, and even Wick Academy might play in the SFL.

Whit???

Even CD's love for you is likely to be tested here.

I smell shite

Bit on Newsnight Scotland about the Keans and our MP. Most of it has been in thelocal press for a while now.

If there's anybody out there that doesnt think this smells ofshite, may I point them to theSt James Retail Centre in Hairmyres. Won a Carbuncle for worst new Scottish building. Bright yellow, Mediterennan style shopping precinct. No probs with the planners there!! Oh, and Mr McCann had his election office next door, rent free, from Mr Kean too. Hmmm.

I smell shite

Bit on Newsnight Scotland about the Keans and our MP. Most of it has been in thelocal press for a while now.

If there's anybody out there that doesnt think this smells ofshite, may I point them to theSt James Retail Centre in Hairmyres. Won a Carbuncle for worst new Scottish building. Bright yellow, Mediterennan style shopping precinct. No probs with the planners there!! Oh, and Mr McCann had his election office next door, rent free, from Mr Kean too. Hmmm.

That building is the biggest embarrassment in East Kilbride (which is no mean feat). I believe the Kean's were also responsible for building the monstrosity that is The Byre. I've never set foot in such a hideously over-priced and pretentious pub in my life. I'd grudge paying the prices they charge in there in Central London. In fact, that whole area is a complete embrassment to the Town. It's ridiculously out of place and looks completly artificial.

That building is the biggest embarrassment in East Kilbride (which is no mean feat). I believe the Kean's were also responsible for building the monstrosity that is The Byre. I've never set foot in such a hideously over-priced and pretentious pub in my life. I'd grudge paying the prices they charge in there in Central London. In fact, that whole area is a complete embrassment to the Town. It's ridiculously out of place and looks completly artificial.

EK's completely artificial!!

Byre is a G1 pub, nowt to do with the Keans.

Have to disagree about it being pretentious as well. I'd rather go there than run the gauntlet of the town centre or the old mans gaff round the corner!

Edited by JobbyMahoney