Centenary Fund

Uncle Psychosis

Message on official club site

How does that square with what you have all read in the the threads above?

Tom, it goes nowhere near squaring things. The only positive I can take from today's outpouring is that at least Eddie P has come out his corner fighting. That in my book is one up from just sitting on his arse and saying feck all.

Imo the importance of an 1876 Club/Centenary Club is that funds raised are in perpetuity as opposed to one off thingys like share issues etc.

I don't like the way the CF has apparently being run with so many flaws that professionalism is hardly the first word that anyone would associate with the fund but its success is still of the utmost importance. In short I'd rather see Eddie P defend the indefensible than just do hee haw.

"It is disappointing to note that over the last two years there has been a degree of negativity from a small number of fans at least some of whom have not even bothered to take out even a Bronze membership."

Maybe if it had been run professionally as promised then more people may have taken out membership but if they can't even bother having the draw on the correct date then why bother.

Nice to see that once again it's the fans to blame. Words fail me.

I think that what Mr Prentice has written is demonstrative of the self delusion that seems to affect folk running key parts of the club. Make no mistake, the Centenary Fund is a key part of the club, but there is widespread anecdotal evidence that it's not being run as well as it could and should be, and there are some members who apparently haven't received prizes, according to Mr Prentice, because "their address details have been incorrectly entered onto the database".

Its a very weird message to put out , doesnt deal with the shortcomings of the administration of the CF at all and doesnt really do anything to try attract people to it.

Should be a lot more positive about the numbers who are already contributing and trying to encourage those who can to upgrade their membership to the next tier.

Disappointed in it TBH , will be sending him an email , dont really expect a response but hey its worth a try

Small point, but...

The Fund replaced two old lottery schemes which were barely contributing anything to the club

I believe Eddie or David Beattie stated at the merger that the club's well-established lotto scheme had 500-700 regular players and LOST money. The 1876 Club, implemented from an idea by your man Junior, had been going for 3 months when it was shut down, had around 60 members and that was enough to put it into profit.

Eddie might do well to read that email you're sending him.