Centenary Fund

Uncle Psychosis

I think the money is meant to come out on the 11th? It's been that long since I looked at a form. However, given that Eddie P is no longer involved at the club there doesn't seem to be anyone taking responsibility for it as of yet. I await this months draw with interest as to when it's actually made/winners announced.

Howdy folks

Sent off my CF forms last month but no money seems to have come out of my account. Any idea what day in the month it should (dis)appear? :thinking:

I wouldn`t hold my breath.I sent off forms at the start of the season and as yet haven`t had a payment taken off.

I wouldn`t hold my breath.I sent off forms at the start of the season and as yet haven`t had a payment taken off.

Mine comes off in the first few days. I won £100 in January so decided to increase my membership. Pay the winnings back sort of thing. They were most welcome in mid-January when the cheque cleared.

Anyway, I emailed Ami to ask how that works, and heard nothing back, so a week or two later I was passing the ground on a day off, so decided to call in. I used to do that occasionally, and often bought something in the offices. I was told that wasn't possible any more, so asked about upping my membership. I was told that Eddie Prentice handled that. I asked that he be reminded of my request.

Nothing happened for a couple of weeks so I emailed Ami again. This Monday I was copied in on an email from Ami to Eddie, forwarding my request on. Still nothing more.

My main concern is that they're supposed to be maximising income yet my offer of more money hasn't been picked up yet. It's only an extra £5 a month, but still. Also, having the office shop closed lost them a few quid that day. Doesn't seem sensible really. I hope they know what they're doing.

Edited by beep0608

Direct quote from EP on the official website

It has been a privilege to have served the club as a Director for nearly 11 years, and my 2 year spell as Chief Executive, whilst very demanding, was also a great honour. I intend to carry on looking after and growing the Centenary Fund, which was launched in 2009 with the help of the Jags Trust, and which has been such a success, contributing £50,000 per annum to the benefit of the playing budget. This could not have been achieved without the support of our fans whose loyalty to the club is incredible.

Then again the draw was supposed to take place no later than the 15th of the month. In fairness all this was back in September and as we all know PTFC can change direction numerous times in 4 or 5 months. :( . To back that up further to above quote Eddie goes on to welcome Jim Alexander to the Board.

Also in fairness I'm a silver member, my money comes off near the end of the month, and I've not had any problems. That said reading above posts is most annoying if not exactly surprising. How many more folk have tried to give money to the Club and got nowhere? :(

Also in fairness I'm a silver member, my money comes off near the end of the month, and I've not had any problems. That said reading above posts is most annoying if not exactly surprising. How many more folk have tried to give money to the Club and got nowhere? :(

This is the one of the most damaging thing that the club do imo.

The Centenary Fund is hailed as a critically important fund-raiser for the club. If it is, then every action by the club in dealing with this should reflect that fact.

Unfortunately, it never has but the steady stream of tales where people's memberships are being proceseed slowly or not at all simply undermines the claims made on behalf of the CF and acts as a disincentive for others to join.

Mine comes off in the first few days. I won £100 in January so decided to increase my membership. Pay the winnings back sort of thing. They were most welcome in mid-January when the cheque cleared.

Anyway, I emailed Ami to ask how that works, and heard nothing back, so a week or two later I was passing the ground on a day off, so decided to call in. I used to do that occasionally, and often bought something in the offices. I was told that wasn't possible any more, so asked about upping my membership. I was told that Eddie Prentice handled that. I asked that he be reminded of my request.

Nothing happened for a couple of weeks so I emailed Ami again. This Monday I was copied in on an email from Ami to Eddie, forwarding my request on. Still nothing more.

My main concern is that they're supposed to be maximising income yet my offer of more money hasn't been picked up yet. It's only an extra £5 a month, but still. Also, having the office shop closed lost them a few quid that day. Doesn't seem sensible really. I hope they know what they're doing.

Sadly a tale like this seems to come along with everything the club attempts to do and that it is now happening to the main fundraiser of the club at a time when they are crying out for money and rallying the fans to plough it in is worrying indeed.

I emailed David Beattie with an idea. Not rocket science, but something that might've helped generate a few more quid. Did I receive a response or even a thanks but no thanks.. nada. There seems to be something that folk catch when they walk through the doors at Firhill Towers. I would've expected this under the previous lot but when fans are being criticised for not stepping to the plate and you hear stories like the one above AGAIN it really does make you wonder.

If I was supporting, say, a charity and they'd taken my bank details but weren't competent enough to take the money I was committing to them, I'd start to worry about what happens to the money they do take in - Is it competently handled? Is it securely handled? Does it end up going to the purpose for which it was intended?

These would be entirely legitimate questions and they would eventually erode confidence in and support for the organisation.

Luckily, it's a football club we're dealing with here and these concerns need not arise.

I had an idea during the week to make some extra cash for the Club also. Did I take it to the Club? No, I contacted another fan as I reckon there's more chance of this simple idea working with the aid of some enthusiastic fans.

That's all good and well Will but when the club are asking people to come forward with ideas and then obviously just dumping them back in the famous ideas drawer their should be no criticism of how few are willing to help.

Almost the exact same thing with me, minus the £100 winnings and the effort you went to, and this was long before EP 'left' Firhill. I'm a silver member and was looking to increase that to gold, very little communication (just some passing of the buck siilar to yourself) and zero effort from them...therefore very little communication and zero effort in return from me. Sad really.

Someone should maybe email thsi thread to Ami, she at least always give me the courtesy of a response and is pretty proactive at getting stuff done.

If Eddie Prentice is still running the centenary fund then its perhaps time someone who is a better organiser was given the role who would perhaps improve it.

Sounds like a job for a financial whizzkid(der).

:thinking:

Tom Hughes anyone?

:ph34r:

Someone should maybe email thsi thread to Ami, she at least always give me the courtesy of a response and is pretty proactive at getting stuff done.

If Eddie Prentice is still running the centenary fund then its perhaps time someone who is a better organiser was given the role who would perhaps improve it.

Ami did her bit in sending my message on. I think she's done so twice now, so she's blameless, but this is starting to p*ss me off so I'm not going to let it go, and hopefully prove a friendly point at the same time. Should we contact David Beattie or somebody and get a few cages rattled? It can't be that difficult, and all the while they're losing money. I tried to do this in early January so that's 2 increased payments missed.

Is there an email address for DB? I can now get on to whoever and say that they're throwing money away and that it's not just mine. They wouldn't let me walk in tomorrow for nothing so why don't they want what we're trying to give them? I joined the Centenary Club to give the club a few quid regularly, and wasn't ever expecting to win anything. As I said, in mid January it was veery welcome, and I did win it fair and square so had no qualms about cashing the cheque, but now I want to give it back again. No way it should be this difficult. If I don't get a specific email address then I'll just email [email protected].

I receive a fair volume of emails at work, and my boss gets dozens every day, and they all get looked at, and responded to, almost usually on the day they come in. I doubt they get any more than we do, so why don't they deal with them? Fokkin 'ell, I'll do it for them if they want.

If we don't get satisfaction then it's a hot topic for the next time we meet folk at the club.

Edited by beep0608

Ami did her bit in sending my message on. I think she's done so twice now, so she's blameless, but this is starting to p*ss me off so I'm not going to let it go, and hopefully prove a friendly point at the same time. Should we contact David Beattie or somebody and get a few cages rattled? It can't be that difficult, and all the while they're losing money. I tried to do this in early January so that's 2 increased payments missed.

Is there an email address for DB? I can now get on to whoever and say that they're throwing money away and that it's not just mine. They wouldn't let me walk in tomorrow for nothing so why don't they want what we're trying to give them? I joined the Centenary Club to give the club a few quid regularly, and wasn't ever expecting to win anything. As I said, in mid January it was veery welcome, and I did win it fair and square so had no qualms about cashing the cheque, but now I want to give it back again. Now way it should be this difficult. If I don't get a specific email address then I'll just email [email protected].

I receive a fair volume of emails at work, and my boss gets dozens every day, and they all get looked at, and responded to, almost usually on teh day they come in. I doubt they get any more than we do, so why don't they deal with them? Fokkin 'ell, I'll do it for them if they want.

If we don't get satisfaction then it's a hot topic for the next time we meet folk at the club.

I've mentioned this a few times in other threads and others have the same experience. When DB asked for fans to e-mail him, I did so, suggesting two things to him - both connected to improving matchday atmosphere and one also helping to raise a few quid. I got no response the first time I sent it so I sent it again three weeks ago - nothing: nil: nada. It was sent to the e-mail address printed in the programme ([email protected]) so I can only assume that both of my e-mails have been ignored. And as I said at the top, I know I am not alone in that.

Fair enough if he thought the ideas were shecht, but an acknowledgement would have been nice.

I would have expected this from the old regime but in the climate of optimisim and positivity etc I expected more.

I'd suggest all those who have tried to give the Club money via the Centenary Fund make themselves known in one particular thread.

Top Idea. Consider it done. A quickish summary from everybody please, detailing how you've tried to contact them, and what it was about. I hope they view monthly fivers and tenners as important, but there's more to it than that. COMMUNICATION. It's nothing short of rude not to reply, especially with offers of hard earned money, unless it's incompetence. Either way it's a concern that needs sorted, and now.

My suggestion is to try using snail-mail. It is regarded as more official if it's typed, or more personal if it's hand-written, and it is much harder to ignore hard copy when others see it lying there. Sometimes email fails, and it does happen that some people allow email inboxes to expand hugely and then can't bring themselves to tackle the problem.

My suggestion is to try using snail-mail. It is regarded as more official if it's typed, or more personal if it's hand-written, and it is much harder to ignore hard copy when others see it lying there. Sometimes email fails, and it does happen that some people allow email inboxes to expand hugely and then can't bring themselves to tackle the problem.

Well I got a response from Eddie Prentice today. Here's an edit of what he said, as it contains some interesting stats and as some of you are in similar situations.

He apologised for the delay in getting back to me and thanked me for wanting to upgrade. He offered to send a form, otherwise I could download one, then send it in for his attention. I'll get a new number etc. I should cancel my existing standing order, but he said there may be a slight delay getting a new card as he is "trying to source an alternative supplier at present". That's fine by me, as I just want the club to start getting my money asap.

He concluded by saying that The Centenary Fund "has so far donated in excess of £100,000 to the club in the last two years and with assistance from you and other like minded fans hopefully we can get that up to our target of £100,000 per annum."

I thanked Eddie, and Ami. They do difficult yet thankless tasks. It's easy to criticise but I'm happy enough that this seems to be getting dealt with now. It's all about communication, as I said before, so my thanks are genuine.

By ra way, Eddie was aware of this topic, which proves it's value, and I'm glad to know that we're being listened to. £100k ain't a bad result either, especially if it can be increased.

I'd suggest all those who have tried to give the Club money via the Centenary Fund make themselves known in one particular thread.

Ill add my name to that.

Sent the form at the start of last season and after checking they received it on a couple of occasions, Ive been surprised to see that not 1p has been taken out my account.

Im not one for chasing up people to give them money, so unfortunately thats one silver member lost to the CF.

• 4 weeks later...

The key point from the article for me is that if people have ideas/comments/complaints/etc that they are invited to send them to [email protected].

As people may or may not know I was involved with the Centenary Fund on the Trust side when on the JTB so I am aware of the general problems that come up and the frustration that these cause so if that is your experience I would suggest you contact the Club through the e-mail address above.