Sir Alex Ferguson Angry Over Euro Final Ticket Prices Http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_Utd/9402865.stm

stillresigned

Its true that in the short term at least, Thistle won't be in the Champions League final;but, we can still have an opinion. If you read the comments from UEFA, it's like corparate speak gone mad with talk of benchmarking admission prices, etc. Complete and utter sh*t, for God's sake we're talking about a game of football, not an accountancy convention. Its long past time that football started to remember who actually pays their wages etc. yes its mugs like me, ordinary supporters, not Uncle Rupe and his mega-millions. But, to tell you the truth I haven't the faintest idea how we rectify things.

Its true that in the short term at least, Thistle won't be in the Champions League final;but, we can still have an opinion. If you read the comments from UEFA, it's like corparate speak gone mad with talk of benchmarking admission prices, etc. Complete and utter sh*t, for God's sake we're talking about a game of football, not an accountancy convention. Its long past time that football started to remember who actually pays their wages etc. yes its mugs like me, ordinary supporters, not Uncle Rupe and his mega-millions. But, to tell you the truth I haven't the faintest idea how we rectify things.

I'd actually dispute that, as sad as it may be. At Thistle's level this is definitely the case but for teams that will be contesting the Champions League final the income stream from their supporters is at the very worst equalled by TV money etc. It says it all whn the likes of Wigan can pay the wages they do playing in front of a half empty stadium every other week.

Strange that Sir Alex has never expressed any anger over the Glazers bumping up season ticket prices at Old Trafford by 50% in five years....

Or the fact that it was £46 to see them play Crawley at the weekend :blink:

Strange that Sir Alex has never expressed any anger over the Glazers bumping up season ticket prices at Old Trafford by 50% in five years....

Don't know what the figure is now but season tickets for Old Trafford used to cost less than a third of those at Arsenal, Chelsea and even Fulham. So even with that bump it's still comparitively alright.

Then again it amazes me that people fork out a grand for the cheap seats at the Emirates and Stamford Bridge.

Why would he? or why wouldn't he?

Almost £200 to see a football match is an absolute joke and a Manchester United ticket compared to the other "top 4" is quite reasonable, in saying that, ticket prices as a whole in The Premiership are a joke.

Why would he? or why wouldn't he?

Almost £200 to see a football match is an absolute joke and a Manchester United ticket compared to the other "top 4" is quite reasonable, in saying that, ticket prices as a whole in The Premiership are a joke.

£10 for under 16s at man city (on the half-way line) - cheap as chips if you ask me!

£10 for under 16s at man city (on the half-way line) - cheap as chips if you ask me!

That’s all very well and good for a team that struggle to fill their ground, would I be right in thinking this only applies to the lowest category of Premiership games? I very much doubt you get that when one of the top 4 come calling.

Think I paid about £35-40 for Stoke vs Man Utd a year and a half back, not horrendous when you consider its Utd, but you also had to buy a ticket for either Stoke vs Wigan or Stoke vs Fulham which was around £25.

Now and again I consider going to some more local games but Derby County seem to charge around £30 as standard, which for championship football is mental and has put me off despite it being a ground I'd like to see. On top of this, most teams down here don't offer student prices.

I paid £25 to watch a 0-0 draw between Fulham and Wolves, whilst in London. Match Experience - 10. Value for money - 0

The cheapest season tickets at Craven Cottage are less than £400 - about £20 a game. Those seats are at the edge of the Riverside stand and are excellent value.