The Pitch

ian_mac

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ll i know is, the firhill pitch is not condusive to entertaining football. And as such, that will result in fans not turning up.

Correct. 300 fans per game every game over the season? Absolutely not. Total nonsense, although it's probably preferable to snide digs at people who do anything they can to help out around the club.

Because the Board of Directors couldn't think their way out an unlocked room. They take the quick buck and bugger the outcome, on the basis, the mugs will turn up. Well guess what, the mugs aren't turning up.

Yeah forgot it's a conspiracy and the board don't care one bit about us and they're in it for themselves. The same board who raised the 100k we needed until the end of the season eh? Back to "lets blame the board", yawn, is it not getting a little boring? You know what the reason the product on the park is pants is because lapsed fans don't go and we have hardly any playing budget or any money for that matter. How can we possibly say we do not need the warriors. We clearly do.

Do you really believe, fans of a football team don't go, just because they "can't be arsed"?

We're in a climate where every penny counts, people have families, priorities. When the product isn't on the park, £17 becomes a lot of money.

It is alot of money nobody has said it isn't. But even going to one game a month is better than none. Just admit that there are many reasons why lapsed fans don't go and there is always an excuse. Always without a doubt.

A better pitch will generate more than 300 fans, as it will allow the team to play entertaining football.

Believe that and you are more deluded than I first thought

It would achive a feeling of togetherness, understanding, that the Club know there is a problem and they are addressing it. It's called communication, treating the paying customer with respect.

So to make you feel better and make you feel like you matter. How about a weekly page just saying thanks to the fans for turning up to the match? Personally I think it would be a waste of space and would much rather hear what the club is planning or generate some money for advertising.

As stated, it's only 300 fans a game. Or 65 hospitality guests, Or 400 season tickets!

What gamble is there? we survived before without them, why are they now a life blood! It's only 100k...

Only 300 fans? Theres no way you can guarantee that extra fans would come to a game cos they heard the pitch was nice. I don't think any Celtic or rangers thought at the weekend "oh no Queens park will play the week before the final so the pitch will be rubbish lets not go" Like really who goes to a game and discusses a pitch in great detail, you make an odd comment or 2 about the state of pitch but I know for sure when someone asks me how the game is, I don't go on about a pitch.

As you already said, money is tighter than ever before, so surely you cannot compare us now to then. If it is only 100k then why don't you just give it to the club? Or better still find an extra 300 fans and bring them along with you?

It's good to read a member of staff on this thread not being hysterical, or being condescending to the paying customers.

I am unpaid member of staff and give my time before games, I am not being hysterical or condescending, merely disagreeing with your flawed argument!

I doubt anything anyone says will change your opinion but clearly you are delusional! Your argument is flawed and we do need the warriors - thats the fact of the matter! A great pitch would not increase attendances and even if it could not worth the gamble imho!

Don't know, don't care. All i know is, the firhill pitch is not condusive to entertaining football. And as such, that will result in fans not turning up.

Maybe if those fans turned up the club would have cash to pay for players that could be entertaining?

Yeah forgot it's a conspiracy and the board don't care one bit about us and they're in it for themselves. The same board who raised the 100k we needed until the end of the season eh? Back to "lets blame the board", yawn, is it not getting a little boring? You know what the reason the product on the park is pants is because lapsed fans don't go and we have hardly any playing budget or any money for that matter. How can we possibly say we do not need the warriors. We clearly do.

Billy Allan raised 50k through one of his companies sponsoring us. Bully for him!

And with the highlighted comment, i'll leave it at that, I think you've said enough. :thumbsup2:

Billy Allan raised 50k through one of his companies sponsoring us. Bully for him!

And with the highlighted comment, i'll leave it at that, I think you've said enough. :thumbsup2:

If you are going to reply to me expect a response. I will tell you when I have said enough - thank you very much!

Well I don't see any companies queuing outside Firhill to sponsor us next season, so actually am rather happy Billy Allan has got someone to sponsor us and for 50K who that sponsor is I don't care because it means we have a sponsor for next season! I am also rather happy that the other 50k was met by our board. The board of course who do not care about us jags fans.

Tell you what, you stop replying cos you clearly do not have an argument anymore and even if you had an argument it it clearly flawed. :)

Edited by little_miss_jag

Seriously, moan about the board then dismiss the fact they have brought £100k into the Club? Well it's only £100k eh. As I understand it, the sponsorship deal you mention was for £50k, the other £50k was provided by directors.

As for the highlighted comment, do you disagree with it?

If you are going to reply to me expect a response. I will tell you when I have said enough - thank you very much!

Well I don't see any companies queuing outside Firhill to sponsor us next season, so actually am rather happy Billy Allan has got someone to sponsor us and for 50K who that sponsor is I don't care because it means we have a sponsor for next season! I am also rather happy that the other 50k was met by our board. The board of course who do not care about us jags fans.

Tell you what, you stop replying cos you clearly do not have an argument anymore and even if you had an argument it it clearly flawed. :)

Calm down! ;)

As for the highlighted comment, do you disagree with it?

Obviously!

And to say the team play shit football because fans don't go is frankly ill advised.

The team play poor football for quite a few reasons, playing surface and tactics being the main 2.

Rangers are bloody terrible to watch, yet have 40 odd thousand fans every week. they are crap due to tactics. to say the product on the pitch is the fans fault is laughable.

Obviously!

And to say the team play shit football because fans don't go is frankly ill advised.

The team play poor football for quite a few reasons, playing surface and tactics being the main 2.

Rangers are bloody terrible to watch, yet have 40 odd thousand fans every week. they are crap due to tactics. to say the product on the pitch is the fans fault is laughable.

Not what I was saying. What I meant was is if these lapsed jags fans actually bothered to turn up we would have extra money and hopefully a better playing budget meaning we could afford better players and that would improve the product on the park. But read it how you like - you clearly believe your opinons right which is also quite laughable.

Obviously!

Nothing "obviously" about it...but since you have completely missed the point LMJ was making I'll spell it out for you.

If we had 5000 turning up for every match at Firhill we would have been able to keep Tuffey, Harkins, Buchanan, Twaddle (to a lesser extent), Hardie. We could also have signed some of the targets we missed out on. Do you not think that would improve the product on the park? I do.

By the way, this answer is in no way meant to detract from other reasons for the financial mess our club is in.

Nothing "obviously" about it...but since you have completely missed the point LMJ was making I'll spell it out for you.

If we had 5000 turning up for every match at Firhill we would have been able to keep Tuffey, Harkins, Buchanan, Twaddle (to a lesser extent), Hardie. We could also have signed some of the targets we missed out on. Do you not think that would improve the product on the park? I do.

By the way, this answer is in no way meant to detract from other reasons for the financial mess our club is in.

yes i do... and if we had a better pitch to play on, i believe with the squad we have, the level of skill and performance would increase, therefore leading to increased gates.

it's not rocket science, if a team plays good football, people will go to watch.

i don't care about other teams, they may have better pitches, their manager chooses to put them out and play them in a manner which is not entertaining.

with the rugby we don't have that option... all we have is shit football.

let me repeat this again!!! :wall:

our pitch is shit!!! we cannot play entertaining football on it!

if we had a good pitch we could play entertaining football.

if we play entertaining football, people will come to watch us, as it is entertaining!

people do not come to watch us... one of the reasons is, it is not entertaining!!!

ARGH!!!!!

Is it me? :unknw:

Not what I was saying. What I meant was is if these lapsed jags fans actually bothered to turn up we would have extra money and hopefully a better playing budget meaning we could afford better players and that would improve the product on the park. But read it how you like - you clearly believe your opinons right which is also quite laughable.

For the record I've read your comments and in the whole i agree with what you've said.

Only thing I'm a wee bit critical of is the comment about lapsed fans "bothering to turn up".

It's not always about being "bothered" to turn up. Other factors dictate as to whether some can attend on a Saturday/mid week. I so wish I could attend more (haven't been to a game since last time we played Stirling away in the league) but there are numerous factors why i haven't been able to. can say one thing though. The playing surface isn't a reason.

For the record I've read your comments and in the whole i agree with what you've said.

Only thing I'm a wee bit critical of is the comment about lapsed fans "bothering to turn up".

It's not always about being "bothered" to turn up. Other factors dictate as to whether some can attend on a Saturday/mid week. I so wish I could attend more (haven't been to a game since last time we played Stirling away in the league) but there are numerous factors why i haven't been able to. can say one thing though. The playing surface isn't a reason.

Oh for the love of god! :lol:

i'm not saying people don't go because of the surface!

i'm saying some people don't go because the team can't play entertaining football at Firhill!!!

and if you look at it in depth...

why can't they?

Because of the pitch!

yes i do... and if we had a better pitch to play on, i believe with the squad we have, the level of skill and performance would increase, therefore leading to increased gates.

it's not rocket science, if a team plays good football, people will go to watch.

i don't care about other teams, they may have better pitches, their manager chooses to put them out and play them in a manner which is not entertaining.

with the rugby we don't have that option... all we have is shit football.

let me repeat this again!!! :wall:

if we play entertaining football, people will come to watch us, as it is entertaining!

people do not come to watch us... one of the reasons is, it is not entertaining!!!

ARGH!!!!!

yes

i and another have said that if what you say is true WHY did we play crap at the start when the pitch was good as according to you a good pitch means good football and lots more fans :rolleyes:

:thinking:

its the fact that lapsed jags always seem to have an excuse of some sort. The pitch is crap, it's too expensive, I don't like the board etc etc why not just admit you can't be arsed to come along week in week out and see the team win lose or draw.

if we all took the attitude of lapsed fans then there would be no PTFC

the reason the product on the park is pants is because lapsed fans don't go

there are many reasons why lapsed fans don't go and there is always an excuse. Always without a doubt.

So to make you feel better and make you feel like you matter. How about a weekly page just saying thanks to the fans for turning up to the match?

I am unpaid member of staff and give my time before games, I am not being hysterical or condescending, merely disagreeing with your flawed argument!

Yes you are!

i'm saying some people don't go because the team can't play entertaining football at Firhill!!!

why can't they?

Because of the pitch!

entertaining football dosnt mean winning football just ask blackpool or arsenal and before you say it i am not comparing us with them :P

yes

i and another have said that if what you say is true WHY did we play crap at the start when the pitch was good as according to you a good pitch means good football and lots more fans :rolleyes:

No!

a good pitch givesw you the option for entertaining football. at the start of the season we were shit due to tactical errors, players off form and a defence/goalkeeper who had no faith in each other.

at the start of the season, we tried to play football, just were not capable of it. now we have gelled, we are... but the pitch will not allow us to. :thumbsup2:

I fully accept that at the moment we rely completely on the warriors income. However, WHY is this?

Why are other clubs surviving without renting their grounds to rugby teams?

I would argue that the reason we rely on the warriors income so solely down to the financial mismanagement of the club over the past 10 years.

I would argue that the football has suffered because of the rugby.

why can't they?

Because of the pitch!

I understood perfectly well the point you are making.

Team hit stirling for 6, and beat dunfermline 2-0 when the pitch was poor but i didn't notice a rush of fans back to firhill. By all accounts both of those games were "entertaining" . People aren't going back for a number of reasons. The state of the park and supposed lack of entertainment will have little baring on that.

just my opinion mind.

:wall:

ARGH!!!!!

We have lost 3 games at home - how on earth is that shit? God we lost a game at home yesterday it does not mean we are crap and everything is terrible!!

Where were these extra fans the home game after beating Stirling 6-1 - the pitch was crap then - where was your complaints there?

With the rugby - the football may not be entertaining enough for you - but it means PTFC has a guaranteed 100k each - I choose our club having that guaranteed money over the hope of an extra 300 fans!

:thinking:

Yes you are!

Oh very clever editing there! Well done! :thumbsup2:

You know fine well I have explained my points and know fine well what I mean. Lapsed fans means money - if fans don't come there is no PTFC. I was not being condescending to you. I think however your opinion is sheer idiocy and your living in an idealistic world. As I said already - you find those extra 300 fans and bring them along to Firhill. I will eat my red and yellow hat when you do. Deal? :thinking:

In my opinion, I've found them, though. I just need the club to back me, and i will be proved right. :thumbsup2:

In your opinion, we don't need to get lapsed fans back as money is coming from else where?

Are you seriously telling me, you believe, that if Thistle were playing entertaining football the crowd wouldn't increase by 10 or 15%?

If so, how should we get them back, we're now pulling crowds below 2000, and we are down to directors pulling money out their companies petty cash to subsidise us. We need to get the fans back.

How do you suggest we do that?

Please don't mix up entertaining football, and winning, there is a big difference. Just ask the folk who aren't returning, even tho we won a couple. :thumbsup2:

I fully accept that at the moment we rely completely on the warriors income. However, WHY is this?

Why are other clubs surviving without renting their grounds to rugby teams?

I would argue that the reason we rely on the warriors income so solely down to the financial mismanagement of the club over the past 10 years.

I would argue that the football has suffered because of the rugby.

I would argue the reason we rely on the Warriors income is because we're like any club in this division.

Raith - Using money earned from the cup run but are skint too.

Dunfermline - £11million in debt

Falkirk - Posting record losses of nearly £1million for last year. Gambled on going straight back up and their fans are worried about massive cuts next season.

Queens - Losing massive amounts of money and considering part time football. Only posted a profit in their cup final year, every other year their losses make ours look like nothing.

Morton - Backed by wealthy owner

Dundee - :lol:

Cowdenbeath - Part time

Ross County - Cup money helped them plus they've sold Scott to Hibs

Stirling - Part time and still had to get players to agree to not get paid only a month or so ago

These clubs might be surviving right now (or shouldn't have in Dundee's case) but if they continue the way they are going right now then they won't. They don't have the opportunity to have a rugby team pay a fair amount of money to play on their pitch, if they did I would doubt many of them would turn it down. Only Dunfermline and Morton with rich backers can breathe a bit easier and even then they're relying on them not dying or deciding not to continue funding the clubs.

There is nothing to suggest our pitch would be a bowling green conducive to good football if Warriors didn't play at Firhill. It could still be as much of a shambles as shown by the likes of Fir Park, Tannadice and McDiarmid Park in the SPL being horrible this season with them spending considerably more on their pitches than we could afford. Anyone watching the cup final yesterday too would've seen the national stadium can't provide a surface perfect for passing on for the SFL's showpiece game.