Jedi On The Census Form

alx

I'm probably going to put Jedi down in the religion box of the census form. From Wikipedia: England and Wales - In England and Wales 390,127 people (almost 0.8%) stated their religion as Jedi on their 2001 Census forms, surpassing Sikhism, Judaism, and Buddhism, and making it the fourth largest reported religion in the countries. In the 2001 Census 2.6% of the population of Brighton claimed to be Jedi. The proportion of people stating their religion as Jedi in Scotland was lower than that in England and Wales, at 0.277%.

Having said that, a letter in today's Metro might put you off: "Then the government would have a more precise idea of the number of male virgins in the UK".

Every good person of Scotland should be a Jedi.

Except H u n s and T i m s, (mostly not good people anyway) who should be banned from being able to join the Jedi movement.

To be Jedi is to face the truth, and choose. Give off light, or darkness. Be a candle, or the night, but choose!

May the Force be with you all.

Every good person of Scotland should be a Jedi.

Except H u n s and T i m s, (mostly not good people anyway) who should be banned from being able to join the Jedi movement.To be Jedi is to face the truth, and choose. Give off light, or darkness. Be a candle, or the night, but choose!

May the Force be with you all.

Quality. :lol:

apologies for being a bit po-faced here, the you're not a jedi campaign explains why you shouldn't put jedi as your religion.

Naw the point is to put the other religions on the back foot (not help the government), the way the Flying Spaghetti Monster is used against the creationists in the USA.

http://www.venganza.org/

The problem is that by signing up as Jedi, Voodoo monster or whatever, you artificially increase the "% who have a religion" figure even if it's clear to anyone objectively looking at it that you're taking the piss.

I don't really see the point of taking the piss out of the Census.

Personally I just tried to put truthful answers. Maybe its just me, but can these "Jedi" people tell me what the point of trying to distort the results of the Census actually is? I'd understand it if you were forced to ally yourself to a particular religion, but you aren't. You can just put "no religion" if you feel so strongly about it?

If its a joke then, as with all jokes, its not so funny the second time.

:unknw:

It seems that po-faced 'proper atheists' (in the big world not just on here) are campaigning against the Jedi's and Pastafarians. The cheek of it! It's enough to turn you back to religion again I tell you.

:thumbsup2:

See if cyclists put "jedi" can I put "Sithlord" ;)

I hear a new apprentice you have, Emperor. Or should I call you Darth Sidious?

Destroy the Sith, we must!

Luke Skywalker was a p*ssy anyway. Han Solo was the man.

A higher intelligence than Hans though, Chewbacca had.

The problem is that by signing up as Jedi, Voodoo monster or whatever, you artificially increase the "% who have a religion" figure even if it's clear to anyone objectively looking at it that you're taking the piss.

I can assure you young man, I am not taking the piss.

apologies for being a bit po-faced here, the you're not a jedi campaign explains why you shouldn't put jedi as your religion.

Dark Side Fake Propaganda. They are taking the piss.