Tommy Burns Tribute Photos

Jaggernaut

And I suppose that the presence of some H*n scarves means that there is a glimpse of hope in the black, primitive swamp of the old firm, or is that too optimistic?

I remember seeing on the news a busload of Rangers fans, fresh back from Manchester, stopping outside Parkhead. A rather large lady took off her electric blue stetson (the kind you see sported on hen nights) and respectfully added it to the shrine. It was a completely bizarre sight, but quite moving at the same time.

I remember seeing on the news a busload of Rangers fans, fresh back from Manchester, stopping outside Parkhead. A rather large lady took off her electric blue stetson (the kind you see sported on hen nights) and respectfully added it to the shrine. It was a completely bizarre sight, but quite moving at the same time.

Funny how so many fat people are h*ns?

Also heard from a tim mate of mine that The Louden Tavern sent a wreath to Parkhead when Jimmy Johnstone died.

I remember that after the deaths of both Jim Baxter and Jimmy Johnstone that Old Firm games followed on shortly afterwards.

On both occasions, the tributes from the opposing fans were worthy of note. I especially recall a large banner hung over the stand at Parkhead in memory of Baxter.

As much as I dislike the Old Firm and what they represent, it was difficult not to be moved.

Likewise when Tommy Burns died, I think it came as something of a surprise the level of tribune from the Rangers fans. As someone who wore their religion on their sleeve, and wasn't remotely embarrassed about talking openly about it, you might have thought that the opposite may have been the case.

That probably says more about my (our?) stereotyping of people than anything to be honest.

I remember that after the deaths of both Jim Baxter and Jimmy Johnstone that Old Firm games followed on shortly afterwards.

On both occasions, the tributes from the opposing fans were worthy of note. I especially recall a large banner hung over the stand at Parkhead in memory of Baxter.

As much as I dislike the Old Firm and what they represent, it was difficult not to be moved.

Likewise when Tommy Burns died, I think it came as something of a surprise the level of tribune from the Rangers fans. As someone who wore their religion on their sleeve, and wasn't remotely embarrassed about talking openly about it, you might have thought that the opposite may have been the case.

That probably says more about my (our?) stereotyping of people than anything to be honest.

Not necessarily. Tommy Burns was an exceptional man.