It's A Knockout

B.C.G. JAG

Sad state of affairs when 'fan-dans' like these can sue their own club for a bit of easy cash - surely a large proportion of responsibility should lie with the idiot concerned in getting too close to a training session :thumbdown:although I'm sure some legal a*sewipe will argue that the club should have risk assessed and kept the fans out blah blah blah

Come to think of it, I have several serious debilitating effects from many years of being subjected to PTFC: lack of concentration at work, recurring nightmares, depression, absence of any sense of purpose, increased substance abuse, loss of confidence in social situations (see "drinking yarns" thread for evidence).

Now, where's one of those "no win, no fee" crooks lawyers....

Come to think of it, I have several serious debilitating effects from many years of being subjected to PTFC: lack of concentration at work, recurring nightmares, depression, absence of any sense of purpose, increased substance abuse, loss of confidence in social situations (see "drinking yarns" thread for evidence).

:D Chortle. Still, with all the expert legal minds at our club I'm sure we couldn't possibly see anything similar happen at Firhill...

ah, now having read this , your posts now make sense. LOL.

Seriously, makes you cringe to think a supporter of the club wants to sue because he got hit (knocked out) while watching his team train.

Got me thinking though. I remember years ago sitting in main stand watching a last home game of season (think it was during Lambie's first stint as manager). The players came out with jags footballs and threw them into the crowd. Well all were thrown except the one Bobby Law had. He smacked his into the main stand and it subsequently smashed some poor woman in the face while she entered the stand carrying a tray of pies and bovril's. Hit her in the face and burst her nose. She was in a right mess. Hate to say it but we laughed so much.

ah, now having read this , your posts now make sense. LOL.

Seriously, makes you cringe to think a supporter of the club wants to sue because he got hit (knocked out) while watching his team train.

Got me thinking though. I remember years ago sitting in main stand watching a last home game of season (think it was during Lambie's first stint as manager). The players came out with jags footballs and threw them into the crowd. Well all were thrown except the one Bobby Law had. He smacked his into the main stand and it subsequently smashed some poor woman in the face while she entered the stand carrying a tray of pies and bovril's. Hit her in the face and burst her nose. She was in a right mess. Hate to say it but we laughed so much.

and if she had a losing bookies line on that day she'd have gone home with 2 burst coupons!