Please Open The Main Stand....

Jaggernaut

If we win Tuesday he will not be there on wednesday afternoon, they will be 12 behind Dunfermline with 15 to play for.

What we want is raith to still be in the mix on the last game of the season- means a bumper crowd and an unexpected pay day for the club

Yes. And although most folk seem to hope that Dunfermline go up, I'd rather it was Rovers. There's no reason to fear Dunfermline next year; they'll be just as skint as everybody else.

Yes. And although most folk seem to hope that Dunfermline go up, I'd rather it was Rovers. There's no reason to fear Dunfermline next year; they'll be just as skint as everybody else.

It looks to me as if Dunfermline Athletic is living on borrowed time financially, while if Raith Rovers go up it would increase the financial pressure on SPL clubs. We could yet see an outbreak of realism in the boardrooms of Scottish football. On the other hand, of course, we could see more Done-Dees.

That may be true but they'll still act less skint. Their debts are largely of the soft loan variety, which helps. Putting that aside their turnover gate/season ticket/hospitality & other initiatives is noticeably higher than ours and that would make them the one team in next season's league that would pay significantly more in player wages.

One good thing tho' from our point of view tho' is there'll be no money spinning Raith/Pars Fife derbies next season. As a fair minded Jags fan I'd like to see Raith win the league but if Dunfermline win it I'll take solace in knowing that there'll be no relatively lucrative Falkirk/Pars derbies either.

On the subject of rivalries/derbies, how much better off would we have been this season had Killie come down instead of Falkirk?

That may be true but they'll still act less skint. Their debts are largely of the soft loan variety, which helps. Putting that aside their turnover gate/season ticket/hospitality & other initiatives is noticeably higher than ours and that would make them the one team in next season's league that would pay significantly more in player wages.

One good thing tho' from our point of view tho' is there'll be no money spinning Raith/Pars Fife derbies next season. As a fair minded Jags fan I'd like to see Raith win the league but if Dunfermline win it I'll take solace in knowing that there'll be no relatively lucrative Falkirk/Pars derbies either.

On the subject of rivalries/derbies, how much better off would we have been this season had Killie come down instead of Falkirk?

Yes, Raith, Dunfermline, Falkirk and Dundee against each other are all derby-like matches that can attract crowds of 5,000. We've been starved of those kinds of matches for years now, only matches against the OF (few and far between) beating that figure.

There's no doubt that more people attending would make it easier for us to keep afloat.