Rangers Face Second Charge Of Sectarian Singing By Fans

stillresigned

From the BBC website http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13088419.stm, it seems that UEFA are not likely to be as tolerant in their attitudes as the SFA, who it would do good to take action against the sectarianism on their front door, rather than try to force through a ten team league that no one wants, well not many people have accused the football authorities in this country of living on planet earth.

The one obvious question that UEFA's stance raises is why oh why have our own governing bodies taken any significant action ever/ Oh I forgot they are going to take the QC who represented Lennon to court for libel, not exactly politique I'd humbly suggest

Although, I don't for a minute agree with the paranoia of the Tims, even I gotta admit the events in Park Gardens look suspicious to say the least.

From the BBC website http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/13088419.stm, it seems that UEFA are not likely to be as tolerant in their attitudes as the SFA, who it would do good to take action against the sectarianism on their front door, rather than try to force through a ten team league that no one wants, well not many people have accused the football authorities in this country of living on planet earth.

The one obvious question that UEFA's stance raises is why oh why have our own governing bodies taken any significant action ever/ Oh I forgot they are going to take the QC who represented Lennon to court for libel, not exactly politique I'd humbly suggest

Although, I don't for a minute agree with the paranoia of the Tims, even I gotta admit the events in Park Gardens look suspicious to say the least.

Gotta also admit that it's enjoyable.

The only thing I'm not enjoying about this is that Rangers are now claiming "they got it in for us" and when you bracket that with QC McBride's "they got it in for us" the other day all we're going to hear about is ugly sister paranoia for weeks on end. I know nearly all we hear about is the OF but this will put it up to a higher level.

What Bain & his cohorts don't seem to grasp is the principle of zero tolerance. It's true that the current regime at Ibrox can feel hard done by as they've done much to try and rid their lot of sectarianism (overtly at least) but they're in truth getting punished for doing hee haw in the past. They had the equivalent of nine points on their licence for cases of excessive speeding, where at any time a ban would have been far more appropriate, and now they've picked up another three points for going a few mph over the limit.

Yeh, the current regime at Ibrox can feel a bit miffed, but they should be targeting their anger towards the clowns that used to run their club but did nothing or far too little over decades.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

I can understand why Rangers are annoyed - the UEFA observers never raised the matter and actually praised the h*ns for there behaviour. ( Though I did read that one of the observers were from Northern Ireland )

Then some outside unregulated body comes along and complains and UEFA then say okay lets charge them.

How would Thistle feel if an outside body for example the Scottish Catholic Media Office came alond and said to the SFA , Jags fans were singing F*** your Pope and because they complained the SFA decided to charge us.

But in saying that it is the h*ns so fine them

I think the majority of fans outside the old firm are sick and tired of listening to the petty squables of the Old Firm.

If they want to see really crap decisions from the ref try some of the ones that do games in SFL 1

This is a quote from Mr Bain, it's in the link on the OP.

"We have never said that sectarian singing is not a problem, but this now has all the hallmarks of a deliberate and targeted campaign against the club.

Anyone see the elephant in the room? If Rangers didn't have these idiots and didn't have a history of getting fat off them, this simply wouldn't be happening. You can't get 'accidental' campaigns, Rog.

Oh, and I know it's 21 years late, but may I add my congratulations on Rangers signing a Roman Catholic. The praise was well deserved, after all, other teams had only been doing it for a century.

I can understand why Rangers are annoyed - the UEFA observers never raised the matter and actually praised the h*ns for there behaviour. ( Though I did read that one of the observers were from Northern Ireland )

Then some outside unregulated body comes along and complains and UEFA then say okay lets charge them.

How would Thistle feel if an outside body for example the Scottish Catholic Media Office came alond and said to the SFA , Jags fans were singing F*** your Pope and because they complained the SFA decided to charge us.

But in saying that it is the h*ns so fine them

I think the majority of fans outside the old firm are sick and tired of listening to the petty squables of the Old Firm.

If they want to see really crap decisions from the ref try some of the ones that do games in SFL 1

Is this a case of, "Hello! Hello! They are the kill(y) joys!"?

Is this a case of, "Hello! Hello! They are the kill(y) joys!"?

The jist of Rangers' case would seem to be that they admit that they have a problem, but that they don't expect anyone to do anything about it. Now, the logic of this viewpoint might find some resonance in the rarefied atmosphere of Park Gardens, but it is not one I expect to carry much weight with UEFA. I'm afraid the old currant buns are being effectively hoisted on their own petard and each reply reveals the logical inconsistency of hunnery. Still its funny to see the gruesome twosome arguing who is the most persecuted! The sad fact about it all is that while all this cr*p is going on we're receiving the usual guidance from Park Gardens i.e. SFA. Expect, the usual deluge of pro-Rangers propaganda revealing that this sectarian nonsense has nothing to do with the Ibrox club it's all the fault of Celtic, Mother Theresa, Spaniards, Italians, the French, Americans , some Germans and of course the Pope who has nothing better to do with his day than, forget leading the worlds biggest religion, to stick the boot into Rangers. Where was I yes the IRA, the BBC, the Good Friday agreement, Caffoliks and any Proddies who lack the loyalty to support the old Teddy Bears. Really its the fault of everyone who is not a dyed in the wool hum and don't forget that those bloody Tim's they're all paranoid you know!

Edited by stillresigned

I read yesterday that the Rangers supporters Trust want to know what songs it is that are causing the offence. I mean REALLY !!

May be the ones asking for people to have sex with the head of the Catholic church, or the ones about the orange garments that your fathers used to wear for starters.