Dissertation Survey

BMMMH

just done it there.

i dont like scottish comedy (or pretty much anything produced this side of the border.)

Pretty common standpoint from what I've uncovered so far. Majority of Scot's who don't engage with it seem to struggle with the obvious disparity in investment and those who enjoy it feel the sense of fammiliarity compensates for the lower production values.

Done.

I'm maybe getting old, but I just don't get the current crop like Limmy's Show, Gary Tank Commander or Burnistoun.

I thought Kick up the Eighties, Chewin the Fat and Rab C. were pretty funny - and Tutti Frutti was exceptional.

I know it wasn't to everyone's taste, but I also liked John Byrne's other 6-parter - Your Cheatin' Heart.

All the above were home-grown in writing and performance, so it can be done.

Maybe Rab Christie of BBC Scotland (and the Jags) can Give us a Clue.... :rolleyes:

Done.

I'm maybe getting old, but I just don't get the current crop like Limmy's Show, Gary Tank Commander or Burnistoun.

I thought Kick up the Eighties, Chewin the Fat and Rab C. were pretty funny - and Tutti Frutti was exceptional.

I know it wasn't to everyone's taste, but I also liked John Byrne's other 6-parter - Your Cheatin' Heart.

All the above were home-grown in writing and performance, so it can be done.

Maybe Rab Christie of BBC Scotland (and the Jags) can Give us a Clue.... :rolleyes:

:thumbsup2:

totaly agree none of the new stuff (named above) is IMHO funny.

Last night I watched Burniston. About 10% was amusing, but the rest was about the level you'd expect from a teenagers' school project where the aim was to try to be "funny".

Edited to add: they have problems knowing when to move on from a "joke"; they don't half try to keep things going for as long as possible, which is too long.

Edited by Jaggernaut