Another Season Ticket Idea

Willjag

• Members

Received this earlier tonight........

How about this for an incentive to buy season tickets, League One side Hartlepool Utd (average attendance this season 2933) are trying to up their season ticket sales by offering them for £100 each IF 4000 people buy one. D'you think something similar could work at Firhill?

-------------------------------------------------------

Hartleppol Season Tickets

Hartlepool United have today thrown down the gauntlet to the people of the town by offering Season Tickets for next year for as little as £100. The innovative new offer will see prices slashed to just £100 for the whole campaign (less than £5 for game) if the Club can sell 4,000 Season Tickets for 2011/2012.

Pools have set three price bands based on targets to be met before the deadline on 15th July:

4,000 sold - £100

3,500 sold - £150

3,000 sold - £200

If we do not reach any of the targets set, prices will revert to last season's levels and the £100 can either be used as a deposit for a full Season Ticket, or gain you entry in to the first six home games of the campaign.

£100 works out at about £4 per game!! I know it's guaranteed money in the bank for the club but how could we justify something like that when we currently charge £17 and will probably charge £18 next season?

It's a novel idea but we'd need to get about 6000 season ticket holders to balance the books with that kinda deal.

£100 works out at about £4 per game!! I know it's guaranteed money in the bank for the club but how could we justify something like that when we currently charge £17 and will probably charge £18 next season?

It's a novel idea but we'd need to get about 6000 season ticket holders to balance the books with that kinda deal.

t would help if we didn't out source catering and merchandise as with larger crowds there'd be a fair amount of incremental takings. As Jaggernaut says it needn't be those figures.

Don't believe it's anything like 6000, Vom. Trying to do the arithmetic here but I doubt we sell more than 800 season tickets. The nature of the beast dictates there's going to be an above normal concessions (60+) in that figure so income from ST's might be about 800 x £200 av, which in turn means income from STs might be circa £160K. I don't think we'll have on average more than 1000 pay at the gate home fans above 16yo but using that figure that would gross 18 home games times av pay at the gate price say £15 something in the region of £270. So using these rather overstated figures our home crowd turnover could be circa £430K.

So 4000 STs at £100 each would gross only £30K short of turnover. There's no way that everybody would take up the offer so you'd only need a further hundred or so pay at gates to increase turnover.

In theory I think this type of offer could work. Scale it down a good bit and I'm certain it could be a goer.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

It would be farily simple to do for us I think. If our current ST sales are around 800, offer them at half price if 2000 are sold. As said above, we can't sell them in a way that we wouldn't take as much through current policy, since we won't see the increase in takings through the outsourced merch and catering. The worry would then be that we've simply taken the majority of pay at the gate customers and given them cheap entry, meaning less will be made over the course of the season.

LIB has done the arithmetic quite well, however I'd be surprised to see us sell 4000 STs even if reduced to £100.

LIB has done the arithmetic quite well, however I'd be surprised to see us sell 4000 STs even if reduced to £100.

I was just doing the arithmetic to see if it was viable in theory at least. Agree would have to be scaled down. Wish I could remember the other club that tried this.

By far the largest market would be pay at the gate fans. It would be useful to know how many matches on average a pay at the gate fan attends per season. Gut feeling tells me it's pretty low these days and that would make this scheme all the more viable.

• Members

I think 4000 is unrealistic. I'd see the target being more around 2000 - 2500 based on our current average gate and maybe pricing at £150, £175 and £200.

I actually think Hartlepool have been quite clever. They probably realise they wont sell 4000 tickets, however, they will get a stack of folk paying £100 early. It's easy money for them in my view.

Then if Thistle did start at £100, and offered entry to 5 out of the first 6 games (including Cup games) they might get a few folk that might not take up the full quota of 5 games. It really could be a bit of a money spinner if used properly.