A Look At The Final Table

Jaggernaut

All things considered, I guess 5th isn't a disaster. What was a disaster was the 1st half of the season, and our overall away form (yet again). Only 4 away wins, which is the worst in the league apart from the bottom two teams.

Somehow I don't see us shipping so many goals away from home next time round. Yesterday our defence lacked three regulars (Fox, Paton, Kinniburgh), yet we kept yet another clean sheet, this time against the team who have lost the fewest number of games away from home. Both Campbell and Kinniburgh can slot in at right back if needed, and we know that Archie can slot in at left back if needed. But we need another Balatoni-type and another Boyle-type. Add one more striker, sign up Rowser and Stewart, and I'll already be feeling ridiculously optimistic.

All things considered, I guess 5th isn't a disaster. What was a disaster was the 1st half of the season, and our overall away form (yet again). Only 4 away wins, which is the worst in the league apart from the bottom two teams.

Somehow I don't see us shipping so many goals away from home next time round. Yesterday our defence lacked three regulars (Fox, Paton, Kinniburgh), yet we kept yet another clean sheet, this time against the team who have lost the fewest number of games away from home. Both Campbell and Kinniburgh can slot in at right back if needed, and we know that Archie can slot in at left back if needed. But we need another Balatoni-type and another Boyle-type. Add one more striker, sign up Rowser and Stewart, and I'll already be feeling ridiculously optimistic.

Although our young keeper had a few nervous momements yesterday we still kept a clean sheet and imo this was because our defence played well more of this next season and we will do alright.Also if we can get our away form to be good at the same time as our home form is good we should be up there.

Have said a few times I'd have settled for a 7th or 8th place if we bloodied the youngsters and concentrated on playing the players signed for next season. Loss of a few league places is more than compensated for putting a side out in August that is tried and tested.

Finishing fifth and introducing the youngsters is thus imo a satisfactory result :thumbsup2:

Besides two or maybe all three of the clubs above us that remain in our division may well be far more concerned with off the pitch problems to be celebrating their league finish.

I'm already feeling that way.

There's definitely a better end of season feel good factor as opposed to a year ago around the club imho.

Other clubs as the good lady Barnett has pointed out, are looking like they are facing hard times ahead this close season and next season.

For us, there is still the worry of Propco, and I still hold huge concerns and questions over the current board and the other dark forces that hang around our club.

But on the field, what we have seen in recent months, and that of what next seasons playing staff is shaping up to be, and the apparent collective wish of the playing staff to see Jaggy Mac as manager, and a more upbeat, hopeful and slightly happier support than this time last year imo, next season is (for now anyway) looking like a season to enjoy and hopefully see us challenge at the top end of the table.

As I just posted in the Congratulations thread : Delighted for Kris to have had such a good season and now proved a lot of the doubters wrong. Like The Bridge, he came from the Juniors, and both i thought looked like prospects, hardworking and entertainers when they first arrived. Both of them have done really well to become central to our team and how we play, here's hoping next season these two, along with our homegrown youngsters and couple of old heads in Rowser and Archie, and safe pair of hands in Fox, can set the First Division alight, as they have a right good shot at winning the league.

With a good start, and managing to sustain a decent level of performance and results, crowds could conceivably rise to 3k+ for every home game, improved atmosphere and possibly improve our financial situation.

Forza Thistle!!!

BELIEVE.

:fan::ptfc: :ptfc: :ptfc: :ptfc: :ptfc: :ptfc: :fan: