Respect To The Players

Just played on the firhill pitch and it's a lot bigger and in even worse condition than it looks from jackie husband stand so respect to the players for trying to play football on it.

Just like to say that the firhill cup was a great idea and had a great time playing on the hallowed turf so big thanks to Stuart and Charlie for organising it and I'll be back next year if it's on.

Also bigs thanks to jaggy mac and the players who took time out to talk to every player on the parks and have photos taken with fans sitting in the stands, that's what our club is about a great togetherness feeling like a family.

Bring on next season hopefully under jaggy mac.

Especially nice to see Conrad Balatoni and Tommy Stewart there as well. I'd like to see them both in Jags shirts next season. Conrad kinda blew it yesterday if Hearts had him watched. Playing like that and he's more likely to be a squad player with Hearts rather than back out on loan again.

Had a great day, doubt I'll ever walk again or live down the fact i conceded 6 in the Jags trust final match but it was a really great day.

Spoke with a few of the team and all really decent guys. They all have great respect for Jackie Mac and everyone of them want him as boss. Decision expected this week. Really hope it is Jackie.

Hope everyone who played had a fabulous time but special mention to the little lad who scored 4 in our final game. That was what the day was all about...carried shoulder high off the park to the applause of the crowd. I didn't catch his name but I hope he always remembers the day he scored 4 at Firhill. Give it plenty at school tomorrow wee man.

I had a great time, what an experience and I managed to bag a goal. It was heavy going on that pitch so much respect to the jags players for putting up with that most of the year. Now sitting in the boozer getting pished to take away the amount of pain I'm in.

Also big thanks to my team mates in Kirkwood castles for being a great bunch of guys.

Stewart

I wasn't playing myself, but it was an absolutely fantastic day. Although the weather wasn't great for the first couple of hours everyone was determined to make a go of it. It was really good to be able to watch football from any of the four sides of the ground and I got a bit of a lump in my throat watching from the spot on the Bing where I saw my first Thistle matches. Hope loads of money was raised for Jackie Mac to sign up players for his promotion charge next season! Nice to talk to the players(those with kids seemed to have brought them along), and watching Wullie K nodding off during the storytelling session was informative as to how his night went yesterday. All of them really nice and genuine. The only (really trivial) gripe I have is - why couldn't you get a cup of tea anywhere? I had to nip out to Jaconellis! All in all, a great success. Looking forward to next year already. Imagine how much fun we'd have at A Firhill Fun Day if we'd been presented with the League Championship the day before.....

An absoulutely fantastic day for everyone I'm sure, but defo defo defo for my boy. He played up front in the gerber landa gee team which made the final. Overall, he scored 3, made 2, and thoroughly enjoyed his general contribution.

As if that wasn't enough, he had a chocolate milkshake in Jaconneli's as well... It's great being a boy.

An absoulutely fantastic day for everyone I'm sure, but defo defo defo for my boy. He played up front in the gerber landa gee team which made the final. Overall, he scored 3, made 2, and thoroughly enjoyed his general contribution.

As if that wasn't enough, he had a chocolate milkshake in Jaconneli's as well... It's great being a boy.

I was in the same team and thought he was excellent, hope he really enjoyed his day.

An exam tomorrow curtailed my involvement in either a playing or helping out capacity, gutted to have missed out! Really looking forward to it next year, presuming it takes place. Maybe even on a larger scale if there's enough interest & bodies to help arrange it?

Well done to the club for accepting the idea & also to the guys for organising it!

but special mention to the little lad who scored 4 in our final game. That was what the day was all about...carried shoulder high off the park to the applause of the crowd. I didn't catch his name but I hope he always remembers the day he scored 4 at Firhill.

I was behind the goal when he got his first. Nobody was obviously going to go in with a crunching tackle but they fully anticipated the lad to trundle a slow ball into the goallie's arms. The lad in fact placed a shot outwith the keeper's reach with power you'd only expect a guy double his age would possess. Over the years I've watched a lot of kid's football of all ages but that wee shot was extra special :thumbsup2:

That's great to hear your lad enjoyed it so much, Davie. Great credit has to go to the guys that organised this event. I trust the Club appreciate the benefits of all this and it becomes a permanent fixture on the jaggy calendar.

I was behind the goal when he got his first. Nobody was obviously going to go in with a crunching tackle but they fully anticipated the lad to trundle a slow ball into the goallie's arms. The lad in fact placed a shot outwith the keeper's reach with power you'd only expect a guy double his age would possess. Over the years I've watched a lot of kid's football of all ages but that wee shot was extra special :thumbsup2:

M'lady, I was the keeper !!

That's great to hear your lad enjoyed it so much, Davie. Great credit has to go to the guys that organised this event. I trust the Club appreciate the benefits of all this and it becomes a permanent fixture on the jaggy calendar.

Knackered, in agony, don`t want to move again etc etc ......... but what a great day and a good laugh for all involved.

Im already tempted to buy every DVD that they make ............. and set fire to them!!!!!!

Seriously though, if the weather had been a bit better Im sure a bigger crowd and more families would have come along too.

Thats the 2nd time Ive played at Firhill, (remember the 800 game a few years ago), and sadly it will be my last.

Nothing noble like, let someone else have a go, or let the youngsters play ............ I`M JUST TOO DAMN OLD!!!!

As my old man kindly reminded me, "Son, you`re the big five oh next year".

I ache in places I`ve forgotten I had, so before I go and find a dark corner and lie down sobbing, I want to thank Stuart and Charlie for a great day out.

Well done guys.

What a brilliant day. Could'nt believe how bad the pitch is. Im never shouting at the Thistle players again after playing on that today.

Hope Jackie get's the job. He's a great guy who was there from 10am untill after 4pm along with Simon Donnely.