Best Man Speech

Lambies Lost Doo

...and when [enter bridesmaid's name] asked me if [enter groom's name] was a decent footballer, I said "yes, he's no bad, but why do you ask?" She replied "It's just that he always dribbles before he shoots".

An old one used by a mate of mine at our other mate's wedding.

Edited to add: Went down really well with the bride's parents, as you can imagine. :bag:

Edited by Blackpool Jags

...and when [enter bridesmaid's name] asked me if [enter groom's name] was a decent footballer, I said "yes, he's no bad, but why do you ask?" She replied "It's just that he always dribbles before he shoots".

An old one used by a mate of mine at our other mate's wedding.

Or...

[Groom] was almost late for his own stag do - said he had to take his fiancé up the Shitter!

Strange name for a pub...

Struggling for jokes. Trying not to use the usual jokes from the internet and would welcome any recommendations from people on the board.

I've never been a best man but at all the weddings I've been to the best speeches have been the ones where they were actually relevant to the couple.

Maybe sounds obvious, but I would say its better to say something heartfelt/genuine about your mate thats not necessarily funny than trying to shoehorn in as many generic wedding jokes as possible. :thumbsup2:

My best man got some good laughs at my expense by making use of all the stories I'd made him promise not to tell: "Sam made me promise not to tell you all the story about the time we put him in a shopping trolley or the time we accidentally participated in a robbery in Spain, so you'll have to make do with these tales instead..." Everyone that knew the stories had a good chuckle and those that didn't know them laughed at the fact they sounded funny but there was no risk of offending grannies/parents/the groom by revealing *too* much detail...