Golf Tips

Big Col

Find a decent pro and book a lesson. You could spend hours and hours self-analysing and trying to cure problems which might not even exist, whereas an independent set of (trained) eyes could have you on the right path in half an hour. Well worth the money.

Find a decent pro and book a lesson. You could spend hours and hours self-analysing and trying to cure problems which might not even exist, whereas an independent set of (trained) eyes could have you on the right path in half an hour. Well worth the money.

As long as the wife doesn't know about it.

Beginner player been hacking about for a few months now. Getting different advice on how to cure my slice off the tee.

Any suggestions people?

Ive been slicing to the right for a while now and after one lesson and it was fixed. I wasn't timing my hip turn properly as I followed through after striking the ball. There are a lot of different things that can cause it tho, standing too far from the ball is one and pulling your arms as you strike the ball is another (genereal rule is dont hit the ball, swing the club...the ball then gets in the way, if you know what I mean)

Thanks to all who replied.

Will look into lessons.

As before mentioned a common cause is standing to close to the ball, however the other main cause is when you draw the club back you will be taking the club outside the line of the ball to right cuasing the slice, similarly if you take the club to much inside to the left this will cause you to hook it.

hope that helps :thumbsup2: