Scotstoun

Ma Ba'

see full article in evening times.....

Bosses hope to increase the capacity from 5000 to 9000 for the British Grand Prix next year by using temporary seating, showing the flexibility of the facility, part of the wider Scotstoun Sports Campus which hosts one million users every year. It will also be a training venue for the London 2012 Olympics and Glasgow Warriors rugby club.

A partnership between the Scottish Rugby Union, Glasgow City Council and Culture and Sport Glasgow will see the facility become a centre of excellence for rugby.

should we be concerned?

see full article in evening times.....

Bosses hope to increase the capacity from 5000 to 9000 for the British Grand Prix next year by using temporary seating, showing the flexibility of the facility, part of the wider Scotstoun Sports Campus which hosts one million users every year. It will also be a training venue for the London 2012 Olympics and Glasgow Warriors rugby club.

A partnership between the Scottish Rugby Union, Glasgow City Council and Culture and Sport Glasgow will see the facility become a centre of excellence for rugby.

should we be concerned?

In my opinion, no.

They train at Scotstoun anyway. No biggie.

hate to be pedantic, but Scotstoun is pretty much the only venue in Glasgow we DONT currently train at - yet.

No need to worry, we will not be moving games to Scotstoun because the pitch isn't big enough (I have spoken to club officials about this myself, and they say it is impossible to fit a Magners League compliant pitch in Scotstoun). Training (all of it, so better than the 5 different venues we use right now) and our club offices will be moved to Scotstoun, while games will remain at Firhill for the foresable future.

hate to be pedantic, but Scotstoun is pretty much the only venue in Glasgow we DONT currently train at - yet.

No need to worry, we will not be moving games to Scotstoun because the pitch isn't big enough (I have spoken to club officials about this myself, and they say it is impossible to fit a Magners League compliant pitch in Scotstoun). Training (all of it, so better than the 5 different venues we use right now) and our club offices will be moved to Scotstoun, while games will remain at Firhill for the foresable future.

I seem to remember an article in the ET about a year ago saying that they were going to be training at Scotstoun for the season just passed. What happened to that?

I seem to remember an article in the ET about a year ago saying that they were going to be training at Scotstoun for the season just passed. What happened to that?

It was from the start of next season (ie. this summer).

Although that deal was announced about a year ago, the Stadium was only opened in february of this year - and our pitches (one grass, one artificial, to the west of the stand) only started to go down a few weeks ago. I would imagine the intention is to be in there in time for pre-season training in a month or so.