Montrose Defender

Lindau

Aaron Sinclair invited to Firhill for pre season training according to the Record today. Nothing against the guy but it would be nice if we could get one half decent signing that the fans might get excited about and generate a few extra season ticket sales

18 year old left back according to this

http://www.montrosefc.co.uk/Players/Aaron%20Sinclair.html

Edited by Lindau

Aaron Sinclair invited to Firhill for pre season training according to the Record today. Nothing against the guy but...

...blah, blah, blah. I would be good if you could give your fingers a rest. It might not be a 'headline' signing, but I'm excited to see us identify good, young talent and integrate it into our system. Building for the future. Nice.

Aaron Sinclair invited to Firhill for pre season training according to the Record today. Nothing against the guy but it would be nice if we could get one half decent signing that the fans might get excited about and generate a few extra season ticket sales

Half decent signings cost money... we DON'T have any!

...blah, blah, blah. I would be good if you could give your fingers a rest. It might not be a 'headline' signing, but I'm excited to see us identify good, young talent and integrate it into our system. Building for the future. Nice.

Blah blah blah...and you have seen him play and there are loads of clubs looking at him and of course you have heard of him before? Thought not!! "I would be good if you could give your fingers a rest" Looks like you have given yours a rest! In case I have forgotten this is a forum to express opinions...you dont like it, dont reply!!!

Edited by Lindau

Blah blah blah...and you have seen him play and there are loads of clubs looking at him and of course you have heard of him before? Thought not!! "I would be good if you could give your fingers a rest" Looks like you have given yours a rest! In case I have forgotten this is a forum to express opinions...you dont like it, dont reply!!!

But, but, what would be the point of a forum?

That's just it though, the manager has already stated he won't be able to attract the well known or established SPL/1st division players because of the budget given to him.

We've just got to live with it and more importantly aim to break even this season.

Edited by northernsoul

He was heavily linked with St Johnstone last season and, if I remember correctly, spent a few months training with them with a view to signing. Obviously they've not followed up their interest but he is quite highly rated, I believe. Would give us two young left backs and perhaps the opportunity to loan Lindsay out for a month to gain some experience.

It seems we're right in the market for left sided players because I've heard we're sniffing about a recent Albion Rovers signing from the Juniors - Barry Russell, who is a left midfielder, I think.

Edited by Armand2

That's just it though, the manager has already stated he won't be able to attract the well known or established SPL/1st division players because of the budget given to him.

We've just got to live with it and more importantly aim to break even this season.

So don`t complain when season ticket sales continue to fall and our attendances stagnate. Realism is all very well but it`s not much of a sales pitch at a time of financial difficulties and ever increasing competition from other forms of entertainment.

So don`t complain when season ticket sales continue to fall and our attendances stagnate. Realism is all very well but it`s not much of a sales pitch at a time of financial difficulties and ever increasing competition from other forms of entertainment.

I'm not sure what it is you want me to say.

All I want is for the Club to break even and not make a loss. If that means the crowd takes another dip or it means our season is over by January then so be it.

I think today's announcements go some way in addressing that, or are you hoping for some news solely for disgruntled adults, too?

I think today's announcements go some way in addressing that, or are you hoping for some news solely for disgruntled adults, too?

The only announcement that disgruntled adults are looking for is that the club have signed players of sufficient quality to allow us to mount some sort of league challenge.

If the club insist that this cannot be achieved because of financial restraints then they and those on the forum who defend this position cannot make serious comment on the level of season ticket sales or weekly attendances

I'm not sure what it is you want me to say.

All I want is for the Club to break even and not make a loss. If that means the crowd takes another dip or it means our season is over by January then so be it.

It`s a point of view but I don`t see how a cycle of diminishing income can help with your wishes.

You could have made a similar comment when we signed Doolan and Erskine. The fans have to trust the judgement of the manager, his coaches and scouts. They will have the opportunity to evaluate Aaron Sinclair, and hopefully a few others too, in pre-season training and friendlies.

Edited by kni

You could have made a similar comment when we signed Doolan and Erskine. The fans have to trust the judgement of the manager, his coaches and scouts. They will have the opportunity to evaluate Aaron Sinclair, and hopefully a few others too, in pre-season training and friendlies.

All good but tell me, what impact will the signing of a st Johnstone reserve full back and the possible signings of a Montrose player and/or a 36 year old (who has been in virtual retirement for some time) have on season ticket sales? Or do we only sell to the committed?

Doolan (league's top scorer) and Erskine (arguably the most skillful player in the league) both signed from the juniors. Don't care where the signings come from as long as they benefit PTFC.

Dont think anyone is arguing about that and throw Boyle, Cairney etc into that mix but it would be nice if we could just get one signing that will excite the fans and give the place a boost pre season. However good they might turn out to be, signings like Sinclair and Lindsay, both of whom I had never heard of before, are not gonna get the fans flocking back to Firhill and surely thats what its all about

Edited by Lindau

All good but tell me, what impact will the signing of a st Johnstone reserve full back and the possible signings of a Montrose player and/or a 36 year old (who has been in virtual retirement for some time) have on season ticket sales? Or do we only sell to the committed?

What do you want them to do ?

Serious question, you and a few others have been greeting and whining for the last couple of weeks about "big" signings , who do you want them to sign that would excite you ?

Well I can only speak for myself but I didn't buy the two season tickets this season because of any signings. I bought them because for around the last ten years or so I've not been in a position to get a season ticket. This season I am and the Mrs wanted to get one with me. I want to be part of the club and I feel some good times are on the horizon.

Of course I want to see the club sign the best possible, but I believe in some of the young talent we are bringing through and I believe in the coaching system we have in place.

I love Partick Thistle Football Club and I want to be part of this exciting time. That's enough for me to spend my money on the season tickets.

What do you want them to do ?

Serious question, you and a few others have been greeting and whining for the last couple of weeks about "big" signings , who do you want them to sign that would excite you ?

This intrigues me, too. I'm sure the board wouldn't hesitate to make a big realistic signing if they thought it would pay for itself.