Adam Strachan

thechangingman

To say that the manager didnt like him has to be false - Remember when all our guys were getting let go? He was one of the few that managed to keep his job.

Its shows that it wasnt a footballing thing - If his head wasnt just used for heading balls then no doubt he would have had more of an impact at the club. No doubt he could be a nice guy but you cant go round battering people and expect to keep your job.

Saying that - Goodwillie has made a good job of it so far!

I was thinking that aswell, best not to read into the manager not liking him too much, was there not that incident with Marc Smyth and the club took Strachans side, or am getting confused.

there was, don't know if takin sides is the right expression, wot happened happened and was dealt with accordingly,as i said ,was told manager never liked him from the word go , the fact that he was retained shows that he probably did have talent (though never fulfilled) and was thought a decent fee got be got,

there was, don't know if takin sides is the right expression, wot happened happened and was dealt with accordingly,as i said ,was told manager never liked him from the word go , the fact that he was retained shows that he probably did have talent (though never fulfilled) and was thought a decent fee got be got,

Was a reason mentioned for letting him go? Not a wind up btw, just seemed that he might have been worth even a small transfer fee.

P.S. Is that your amateur boxing record?

No reason mentioned and no its a quote from a movie

"Requiem for a Heavyweight" [1962]: I'm a big boxing fan and have never heard of this movie. Good quote although with my record it was more like "111 fights and never looked like winning 1! I'm pretty sure the judges on the Western District circuit used to say silent prayers for my safety when I entered the ring. Some were even known to push back chairs in case of blood spraying out of the ring; which happened on a fairly regular basis. Happy days. Explains quite a lot!

"Requiem for a Heavyweight" [1962]: I'm a big boxing fan and have never heard of this movie. Good quote although with my record it was more like "111 fights and never looked like winning 1! I'm pretty sure the judges on the Western District circuit used to say silent prayers for my safety when I entered the ring. Some were even known to push back chairs in case of blood spraying out of the ring; which happened on a fairly regular basis. Happy days. Explains quite a lot!

good movie, loosely based on joe louis in parts , a young cassius clay was in the tv version , if you like old boxing movies check out "the set up" . know what you mean about it explaining things my mrs reckons thats why i support thistle !