Adam Strachan

thechangingman

Was speaking to Adam yesterday , told me a few things about his time at the club was suprised to say the least , hopefully the future goes well for him , undoubtedly a talented player

Met him a while back also and heard the same..maybe we will see him again in the red and yella

Said hello to Jim Slavin the other day. He surprised me; turned out is wisnae him.

:lol::clapping:

Forget your puns - that was funny.

Adam Strachan - can't believe he isn't deid/ in jail or on the run somewhere.

Wiki has:

He was a product of the Partick Thistle youth system, having being signed from Partick Thistle Boys Club. He was thought to have a huge future ahead of him but never really fulfilled his early promise. In season 2006–07 he was a key player but the following season because of Stevie Murray he did not feature in the team regularly and was never a first pick under Ian McCall.

Here was me thinking

1) He wasn't good enough

2) He drank too much buckfast

3) He started fights with team mates - including the club captain at the time

4) He really just wasn't good enough

But apparently Stevie Murray has a lot to answer for. :unknw:

he said a certain manager never liked him from day 1, that a premiership club wanted him down for a trial and look round with a healthy fee if it went well , they were told if you want him buy him , was advised to find another club so went to germany , german club wanted to have him but were asked for a transfer fee for a player that wasn't wanted , only spoke about football not his personel life , hope that satisfies the west end wah hoos

Some amount of fking knbs on this forum , he said a certain manager never liked him from day 1, that a premiership club wanted him down for a trial and look round with a healthy fee if it went well , they were told if you want him buy him , was advised to find another club so went to germany , german club wanted to have him but were asked for a transfer fee for a player that wasn't wanted , only spoke about football not his personel life , hope that satisfies the west end wah hoos

Must of been an irish premiership club.he is/was a million miles away from being good enough to go down south.

Some amount of fking knbs on this forum , he said a certain manager never liked him from day 1, that a premiership club wanted him down for a trial and look round with a healthy fee if it went well , they were told if you want him buy him , was advised to find another club so went to germany , german club wanted to have him but were asked for a transfer fee for a player that wasn't wanted , only spoke about football not his personel life , hope that satisfies the west end wah hoos

The manager probably didn't like him because he had a pish attitude. He was given chance after chance at Firhill and was ultimately a waste of a wage.

I'm just surprised any Thistle fan would stand there and listen to him spout this pish without smacking him around the ear.

:lol:

As i recall from when he was talking to my mate in the pub once it was Aston Villa he claimed that wanted him.

Yeah, O'Leary saw him against Aberdeen , his nephew wa there at the time , apparently there's a chance he'll be at Q.O.S. next season .

Good to know ther's so many church elders on here who have never fked up at any time .

Yeah, O'Leary saw him against Aberdeen , his nephew wa there at the time , apparently there's a chance he'll be at Q.O.S. next season .

Good to know ther's so many church elders on here who have never fked up at any time .

There's ******* up and there's sticking your napper into your burd's face.

Edited to remove duplicated word.

Edited by twinny

as i said was only relating to football

Fair enough, but do you believe he would ever have actually sealed a move to Villa/other Premier League team?

I remember an Evening Times article with McCall all lovey dovey with Strachan talking about how he's giving him the opportunity to get back to where his career should have been going. Not too long later he wasn't getting a look in, presumably down to the off the pitch nonsense he was involving himself in.