Ross County Away

I'm useless with timetables but when I go up to Dingwall I've got the bus back to Inverness and that gets you a couple of pints then I get the 18.43 train.

I'm assuming you've got to designate which train you're wanting so if I book 16.37 from Dingwall return that gets you on the 18.43 at Inverness. Does that make sense? :unsure:

edited to add thanks, Pie of the Month for posting this :thumbsup2:

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

I'm useless with timetables but when I go up to Dingwall I've got the bus back to Inverness and that gets you a couple of pints then I get the 18.43 train.

I'm assuming you've got to designate which train you're wanting so if I book 16.37 from Dingwall return that gets you on the 18.43 at Inverness. Does that make sense? :unsure:

edited to add thanks, Pie of the Month for posting this :thumbsup2:

You have to select a train yes, you can't just get any train on the day.

Although if you're getting the bus from Dingwall to Inverness then you should just buy a single from Inverness to your final destination. You are essentially buying 2 singles rather than a return from First Scotrail anyway. I'm going Glasgow to Inverness on the Friday, staying overnight and then going from Dingwall to Glagow on the Saturday after the game so just bought 2 singles.

You have to select a train yes, you can't just get any train on the day.

Although if you're getting the bus from Dingwall to Inverness then you should just buy a single from Inverness to your final destination. You are essentially buying 2 singles rather than a return from First Scotrail anyway. I'm going Glasgow to Inverness on the Friday, staying overnight and then going from Dingwall to Glagow on the Saturday after the game so just bought 2 singles.

Thanks, told you I was useless with these things :)

When is this deal on from?

My missus and I are heading to Ullapool on the 30th July and stying a week. We've been quoted a "cheap" deal from Raileasy at £110.40 return to Inverness so this'd make a great difference (it's the connecting bus covered with enough left over for pint or two). Please advise and I'll get on to it staight away.

Is this an internet only deal or can it be picked at a station as well?

When is this deal on from?

My missus and I are heading to Ullapool on the 30th July and stying a week. We've been quoted a "cheap" deal from Raileasy at £110.40 return to Inverness so this'd make a great difference (it's the connecting bus covered with enough left over for pint or two). Please advise and I'll get on to it staight away.

Is this an internet only deal or can it be picked at a station as well?

It's not a deal unfortunately. It's just rail tickets go on sale 12 weeks in advance with the cheapest tickets going on sale in the 1st or 2nd week. So it's now 12 weeks until we play Ross County and therefore tickets are the cheapest they will be, as time goes on and people buy tickets the price will go up.

I'd recommend trying trainline.com and seeing if you can get it cheaper, 2 singles are often cheaper than a return and it's also sometimes cheaper to split up journeys even though you're staying on the same train.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-train-tickets

Money Saving Expert (link above) offer some great advice on how to get the best deal on rail travel.

It's not a deal unfortunately. It's just rail tickets go on sale 12 weeks in advance with the cheapest tickets going on sale in the 1st or 2nd week. So it's now 12 weeks until we play Ross County and therefore tickets are the cheapest they will be, as time goes on and people buy tickets the price will go up.

I'd recommend trying trainline.com and seeing if you can get it cheaper, 2 singles are often cheaper than a return and it's also sometimes cheaper to split up journeys even though you're staying on the same train.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/travel/cheap-train-tickets

Money Saving Expert (link above) offer some great advice on how to get the best deal on rail travel.

• 1 month later...

Lack of organisation has meant that my mates and I have missed the cheap fare. In 15 years of following Thistle I've never got a supporters bus.......can we get the bus up there but return on the train?

Edited by ssjag

You should check with your local train station as if three or four people are travelling together there's a special 'Friends Fare'. Example fare online has four people from Glasgow-Inverness for £45 each way (£11.25 each).

Not that i'm trying to put you off the supporters buses.

Lack of organisation has meant that my mates and I have missed the cheap fare. In 15 of following Thistle I've never got a supporters bus.......can we get the bus up there but return on the train?

I was thinking the same thing, if I decide to go.

The 7.06am train up there is still £12 but there's no chance I'm getting that. The train back down to Glasgow at around half 7 is still £12.

I'm sure the NW and Jordanhill bus share on Dingwall trips. Depending on how busy the City Centre bus is, I'd say that would be your best bet - bus wise. Also, the CC bus arrives in Dingwall at around 1pm, I think so plenty of time to go to the pub before kick off etc.

The friends fare has gone as well, I think they disappear at the same time as the other cheap advance fares, my lot have missed out on the cheap fares as well and as good as dingwall is £50-60 return is not really justifiable, need to book early next time for the relegation 6 pointer in the second half of the season.

Lack of organisation has meant that my mates and I have missed the cheap fare. In 15 years of following Thistle I've never got a supporters bus.......can we get the bus up there but return on the train?

Duncan will surely be good for that if he's got space. city centre bus.

Edited by Wee Gus

The friends fare has gone as well, I think they disappear at the same time as the other cheap advance fares, my lot have missed out on the cheap fares as well and as good as dingwall is £50-60 return is not really justifiable, need to book early next time for the relegation 6 pointer in the second half of the season.

January the 2ND Bud :o

Not sure if the trains will be a normal service??