Hall Of Fame Dinner

twinny

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you nominate to be inducted in the Partick Thistle Hall of Fame?

• Danny Lennon
    • Gerry Britton
    • Mo Johnstone
    • Alan Hansen
    • Chic Charnley
    • Andy Anderson
    • Jackie Campbell
    • Alex Forsyth
    • Kenny Arthur
    • Steve Maskrey
    • Donnie McKinnon
    • Jimmy Davidson
    • Alan Archibald
    • Brian Whittaker
    • Molly Stallan
    • Alan Rough
    • John Hansen
    • Joe Craig
    • George Niven

Can somebody give the current list? It should be on the official site.

I can't believe Alan Rough isn't in on his own. Our greatest player bar none, greatest keeper & most capped Jag (53 I think) :D

Most of his 53 caps were while a Thistle player, but at least 2 were when he was with Hibs.

Maybe we should name a stand after him, in addition to the lounge.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The topic has now been edited to include a poll, you can vote for multiple options as there will be 5 entrants into the HoF in total, please try not to vote for more than 5 though!

I have included all the nominations mentioned in the thread so far (except Quitongo and Callaghan), this way we can see if the forum users agree with those that eventually end up being admitted into the Hall of Fame.

Badger was inducted last season. I may be wrong but I think Alan Rough is also in the HOF in his own right.

is he? I thought it was only the starting 11 & sub (and possibly McParland) that were inducted

My understanding is that everyone (such as Donnie) who played even one game in the competition was inducted as part of the squad but I`m sure someone can verify whether I`m right or wrong!

I also think Doug Somner was also inducted last year same time as Badger and Bobby Law.

If this helps at all below is a list of who i know is in:

71 cup winning team

21 cup winning team

John Lambie

Neilly Duffy

Willie Sharp

Bobby Law

Kenny Watson

Badger

Dougie Somner

Dennis

Alex Rae

Jackie Husband

Tommy Ewing

Ones I think are in are :

Alan Rough

Davie McParland

Jimmy Davidson

Some guy by surname of Harvey ?

Currently can't find my legends book to get Harvey's full name but on memory I think the above to be right, or damn near as.

Hope it's useful.

I also think Doug Somner was also inducted last year same time as Badger and Bobby Law.

If this helps at all below is a list of who i know is in:

71 cup winning team

21 cup winning team

John Lambie

Neilly Duffy

Willie Sharp

Bobby Law

Kenny Watson

Badger

Dougie Somner

Dennis

Alex Rae

Jackie Husband

Tommy Ewing

Ones I think are in are :

Alan Rough

Davie McParland

Jimmy Davidson

Some guy by surname of Harvey ?

Currently can't find my legends book to get Harvey's full name but on memory I think the above to be right, or damn near as.

Hope it's useful.

According to the club website it`s the 1971 squad who were honoured not just the cup final team.

The full list of those already inducted is:

1921 Scottish Cup Winning Team

1971 League Cup Winning Squad

Neil Duffy

John Harvey

Jackie Husband

John Lambie

Johnny McKenzie

Davie McParland

Denis McQuade

Alex Rae

Kenny Watson

Bobby Houston

Bobby Law

Tommy Ewing

Dougie Somner

Willie Sharp

I'm updating the poll now.

The full list of those already inducted is:

1921 Scottish Cup Winning Team

1971 League Cup Winning Squad

Neil Duffy

John Harvey

Jackie Husband

John Lambie

Johnny McKenzie

Davie McParland

Denis McQuade

Alex Rae

Kenny Watson

Bobby Houston

Bobby Law

Tommy Ewing

Dougie Somner

Willie Sharp

I'm updating the poll now.

The 1971 winning team should be in as individuals too, like McQuade and Rae. My first choices would be Danny Lennon, Chic Charnley, Kenny Arthur and Alan Archibald.

Having just found this list of top goalscorers each season in Scottish football, it seems that until Doolan finished this season as equal top scorer in the division, no Thistle player had ever done this in any of the Scottish leagues. I know that 15 goals is fairly low for a top scorer (never been lower in any league in modern times), but does this merit inclusion in the HoF?

Having just found this list of top goalscorers each season in Scottish football, it seems that until Doolan finished this season as equal top scorer in the division, no Thistle player had ever done this in any of the Scottish leagues. I know that 15 goals is fairly low for a top scorer (never been lower in any league in modern times), but does this merit inclusion in the HoF?

Not unless he does it every year for the next 10 years

According to the club website it`s the 1971 squad who were honoured not just the cup final team.

Ya swine ya.

I sat on here last night, no book, or checking other sites for help, but off the top of my head, posted who i knew to be HOF and who i thought was........ok, blowing my own trumpet here, but i did bloody well and you...yeah YOU, post that i'd stated it was 71 team as opposed squad !!!!

There is just no pleasing some people (ha ha).

I haven't read of anyone mentioning GEORGE NIVEN. If he is not included then the "Hall of Fame" is sadly devalued!

Must admit he is before my time and it is also worth taking on board that they induct five at a time. There are plenty of players currently not in the Hall of Fame who no doubt deserve to be.

That does not mean their time won't come.

I haven't read of anyone mentioning GEORGE NIVEN. If he is not included then the "Hall of Fame" is sadly devalued!

I absolutely luuuuuurved George Niven even though I only had the privilege of watching him for a season and a half.

On the topic of additional mentions - ahem, cough Mark cough Roberts, splutter.

Firstly, I think there should be a period of 5 or maybe even 10 years between a player's Jags career ending and HoF induction, let them find their place once the dust has settled.

Also, I know these dinners raise a much needed few bob but we might have to start holding back on the amount of actual inductees before I find myself at Firhill in 2034 saying "I don't ever remember thinking Stephen McConalogue was that good but if it's either him or Darren Brady..."

That said, I asked my faither about players from his childhood and apart from those already in he came up with Tommy Ledgerwood and Jimmy McGowan, both capped by Scotland and in McGowan's case he won a Sunday paper (Sunday Mail he thinks) Player of the Year award while with us, which was no mean feat.

I'd nominate:

Rough (before my time but the games and caps speak for themselves, bizarre he's not already in)

Charnley

Lennon

I also liked Alan Dinnie- two good spells with us. Off field issues might prevent inclusion but Chic wasn't exactly an angel.

Looks like Lennon, Charnley, Campbell and Rough are the fans choices so far. I think it's November the HoF night comes around, so it may change before then.

I've added George Niven to the list and given him 2 votes as two people have suggested him.