Thatcher

GrantB

milk snatcher, bloody hell act your age :(

It's thanks to my age that I know what she did.

Or do you want to forget what she did?

Of course she went on to do worse, much worse.

Or do you want to forget it all as well, just because she's been fortunate and wealthy enough to live to be old ?

And once again, I have no chip on my shoulder other than against politicians, wherever they are from and whatever their affiliation, who behave crassly and with total indifference to the negative effects that their policies have on ordinary people's lives, even killing them as "collateral damage" in the case of some people that you listed earlier. Somehow I don't believe that an independent Scotland would be so eager to go killing people in other nations.

Edited by Jaggernaut

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The current financial crisis is the fruition of of the seeds sown by Thatcher in the 70's.An evil self serving witch.Remember her standing outside 10 Downing St saying :Rejoice Rejoice when the Belgrano was sunk.The ship was sailing away from the Falklands.I will rejoice when she dies.I try to see the good in people but there is no good in her.

The current financial crisis is the fruition of of the seeds sown by Thatcher in the 70's.An evil self serving witch.Remember her standing outside 10 Downing St saying :Rejoice Rejoice when the Belgrano was sunk.The ship was sailing away from the Falklands.I will rejoice when she dies.I try to see the good in people but there is no good in her.

and, we were at war so tuff on the belgrano

Edited by jaggybunnet

The proclamation to Rejoice Rejoice was when British troops recaptured South Georgia, which I think was a small island close to the Falklands and populated by penguins. The Falklands conflict was a convenient war at a time when the Thatcher Government was extremely unpopular.

I agree with your first sentence and the story of her milking the taxpayer is just another example of the hypocrisy and moral bankruptcy of the rich and powerful; but although I thought her policies were appalling and found her personally immensely dislikable, I don't think it reflects well on anyone to wish an old woman dead.

Mind you, I'm bracing myself to be nauseated by the obituaries telling us how she transformed Britain, brought freedom and prosperity, ended World Communism...

The proclamation to Rejoice Rejoice was when British troops recaptured South Georgia, which I think was a small island close to the Falklands and populated by penguins. The Falklands conflict was a convenient war at a time when the Thatcher Government was extremely unpopular.

I agree with your first sentence and the story of her milking the taxpayer is just another example of the hypocrisy and moral bankruptcy of the rich and powerful; but although I thought her policies were appalling and found her personally immensely dislikable, I don't think it reflects well on anyone to wish an old woman dead.

Mind you, I'm bracing myself to be nauseated by the obituaries telling us how she transformed Britain, brought freedom and prosperity, ended World Communism...

History will show how she devastated communities and held onto her premiership through good fortune e.g. she was close to losing the Falklands War, nearly lost to the miners and was bankrolled by the cash generated by oil. The sad thing is that as her government crumbled the next lot were to prove themselves equally as odious. What a wasted opportunity to right the wrongs of her evil regime; even some old-school conservatives were shocked by her brutality. The rich simply amassed greater wealth and class-divides became greater.

I normally don't revel in the demise of any human being - especially a doddery old woman with Alzheimer's, but didn't she offer safe haven to Pinochet, didn't she also pretty much orchestrate the hunger strikes and as for her treatment of the miner and their families, she can never be forgotten or forgiven. Sorry Jaggy, but I think you stand alone on this one!

I'm in full agreement with all those who, correctly, eschew the celebrating of the demise of a fellow human being. Fortunately (or otherwise), in this case, we're not dealing with a human.

This creature exerted a vice-like grip on the frailties of expedient thinking of the time with horrific results, for which we are currently paying an incalculable price.

The finality of this organism's existence will herald the end, symbolically at least, of a dark age which, ideally, would be forgotten but, alas, has cast an ominous shadow which may take eons to extinguish.

Edited by Blackpool Jags

I fully support the idea of a state funeral for it. The mass of cameras in attendance will be able to provide absolute proof that it has breathed its last.

With an apparent never-ending budget at its disposal I wouldn't put it past the old boot to employ some Hollywood special effects wallah to falsify its death.

No. I want it's skull on a platter.

• 1 month later...

Thatcher was a good powerful leader. The Labour Party done more damage than she ever did, yet don't know why she still gets it in the neck and they never seem to do. And like jaggybunnet said, it's pretty pathetic celebrating the demise of an old and frail women

Edited by The Mighty Quinn

What?????? She was a meglomaniac, who deliberately set out to kill stone dead any community that Britain had.

She was the one who said that there was no such thing as society. She actively supported and helped to prop up an apartheid government in South Africa.

She only invaded the Falklands to wrap the flag around her as she was in deep trouble at home, even though under new legislation the Falklanders were to lose British citizensip,

She had a golden legacy of oil revenue, sales from nationalised industry (ALL undersold) She used it to pay for unemployment and tax cuts and not the infrastructure of Britain which led to manufacturing collapsing and Britain becoming a service nation, which is now putting us in the shit we are in, i.e.the banks.

Yes Labour made mistakes, but they transformed the NHS among other numerous things.

She was extreme right wing, and only the English loved her, as they are naturally right wing,.

What?????? She was a meglomaniac, who deliberately set out to kill stone dead any community that Britain had.

usual rubbish

She was the one who said that there was no such thing as society. She actively supported and helped to prop up an apartheid government in South Africa.

again, usual rubbish

She only invaded the Falklands to wrap the flag around her as she was in deep trouble at home, even though under new legislation the Falklanders were to lose British citizensip,

i am sure if you were a falkland islander you would be glad she did and they were glad she did.

She had a golden legacy of oil revenue, sales from nationalised industry (ALL undersold) She used it to pay for unemployment and tax cuts and not the infrastructure of Britain which led to manufacturing collapsing and Britain becoming a service nation, which is now putting us in the shit we are in, i.e.the banks.

flip side, she got rid of massive loss making industries that were absorbing much of the countries money and kept us a foat by building other business which are still viable today unlike coal, steel.

Yes Labour made mistakes, but they transformed the NHS among other numerous things.

to many to count

into the money wasting monster which fails to live up to what it says on the box, it needs reformed or it will totaly collapse and then we will realy all be in the shit

She was extreme right wing, and only the English loved her, as they are naturally right wing,.

i am scottish and think she did more to try and help this country than labour ever will, just a pity to many people have massive chips on there shoulders

Edited by jaggybunnet

Good news Jaggybunnet.... its Jenga night at the asylum and you're allowed to play as long as you promise not to try to eat it again!

Come on me ole t*ry mucker.... what's with this "usual rubbish"? Not very sporting old chap, adds little to the debate (just like my jibe, above) and is quite rude.

I'm sure the Falkland islanders loved the old cow. Good for them and the penguins. I have not met many steel workers, miners, doctors, nurses, teachers, community workers or shipyard workers who held it in the same esteem. As for celebrating the demise of a frail old woman... you bet yer erse I will. And I expect most Scots to join me. You'll have the jenga to yourself that night pal!

Good news Jaggybunnet.... its Jenga night at the asylum and you're allowed to play as long as you promise not to try to eat it again!

Come on me ole t*ry mucker.... what's with this "usual rubbish"? Not very sporting old chap, adds little to the debate (just like my jibe, above) and is quite rude.

I'm sure the Falkland islanders loved the old cow. Good for them and the penguins. I have not met many steel workers, miners, doctors, nurses, teachers, community workers or shipyard workers who held it in the same esteem. As for celebrating the demise of a frail old woman... you bet yer erse I will. And I expect most Scots to join me. You'll have the jenga to yourself that night pal!

so you just wanted us to pay for steel and coal that was cheaper to ship from halfway across the world than moderise what we had, not saying she couldnt have delt with it better but up against unions who would not budge an inch she had no choice. so as long as you are happy that the unions had a massive part to play in this then we can all be happy :innocent2:

and it is the usual rubbish from the chip on the shoulder mob who can see no farther than there hatred of Thatcher so if the hat fits wear it :thumbsup2:

Edited by jaggybunnet

so you just wanted us to pay for steel and coal that was cheaper to ship from halfway across the world than moderise what we had, not saying she couldnt have delt with it better but up against unions who would not budge an inch she had no choice. so as long as you are happy that the unions had a massive part to play in this then we can all be happy :innocent2:

and it is the usual rubbish from the chip on the shoulder mob who can see no farther than there hatred of Thatcher so if the hat fits wear it :thumbsup2:

You really dont have a creditable argument rather than 'usual rubbish' or ' chip on the shoulder'. Typical Tory, just cant handle the truth.

You really dont have a creditable argument rather than 'usual rubbish' or ' chip on the shoulder'. Typical Tory, just cant handle the truth.

that my point, whre is your proof there is none you just hate Thatcher and that enough so typical lefty, that make you feel better :thumbsup2:

and i do have a creditable argument as i have stated above with the costs, just because you dont like it doesnt make it untrue

Edited by jaggybunnet

that my point, whre is your proof there is none you just hate Thatcher and that enough so typical lefty, that make you feel better :thumbsup2:

i always fel better knowing that I have a conscience and that you Tories are the most selfish, cruel and disgusting humans in history!!. Keep toffing your jaggybunnett to the squires mate. i doesnt work, they will shaft you soon enough

i always fel better knowing that I have a conscience and that you Tories are the most selfish, cruel and disgusting humans in history!!. Keep toffing your jaggybunnett to the squires mate. i doesnt work, they will shaft you soon enough

i am sorry (not taking the piss) but your conscience cost money thats a fact so unlike Labour of course who spend money we dont have then moan when they binned and the tories have to sort out our budget again, if labour could show they can run a country on a budget i would look at them, they havent and cant (just listen to ball) so i have to stick with a party that a least trys

Edited by jaggybunnet

unlike Labour of course who spend money we dont have then moan when they binned and the tories have to sort out our budget again, if labour could show they can run a country on a budget i would look at them, they havent and cant (just listen to ball) so i have to stick with a party that a least trys

Yes a party who strangled a growing economy at birth, purely for ideological reasons. And the bankers are STILL ripping us off, Its all about the rich getting richer and the poorer being crushed into the ground. A despicable political organisation.

remember that the banking system put us in the mess we are in, and it started in the USA and your lot said that Labour were too tough on them???. Get a grip of reality mate!!!